BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 292

Book Title: Stiff

Author: Mary Roach

Summary: A book detailing the various things that may happen to a human body after death.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 448

Book Title: Mr. Peanut

Author: Adam Ross

Summary: A rather confusing book that mixes the stories of various men and their dead wives.

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 336

Book Title: Numbers

Author: Rachel Ward

Summary: Ever since she can remember, Jem has seen the numbers in peoples' eyes. The numbers predicting, with brutal accuracy, when they will die.

Rating: 9/10

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: The Looking Glass Wars

Author: Frank Beddor

Summary: Alyss is whisked away to London leaving her aunt, Redd, in power of Wonderland. After adjusting to life in London, Alyss finds herself back in Wonderland after 13 years and must take her queendom back from her aunt.

Reviews may contain spoilers.

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 345

Book Title: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Author: E. Lockhart

Summary: A sophomore at a prestigious boarding school in New England, grew and is very pretty now when she was on summer break. When she dates the it boy, she discovers he's in a secret society for only males. Wanting to be in, but not sure why, she becomes a leader behind the scenes.

Rating: 8/10

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 408

Book Title: Steel Trapp: The Academy

Author: Ridley Pearson(I love this writer. xd.png )

Summary: Steel is invited to a special academy and discovers there is more then meets the eye. After awhile he is invited into the program where anything can happen. tongue.gif

Number Of Pages: 309

Book Title: Backstage handbook

Author: Paul Carter

Summary: My Theater Design handbook. Basically covers every question, subject, and aspect of theater design

Rating: 5/5 (if you need a book like this)

Review: --

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages:458

Book Title: Fellowship of the ring

Author: J.R.R Tolkien

Summary: story of the Fellowship of the rings trip to Mordor to destroy the ring.

Rating: 5/5

Review: great series, highly recommended

Number Of Pages: 496

Book Title: Handle with Care

Author: Jodi Picoult

Summary: A family breaks apart as the mother tries to make money through suing her friend in order to her youngest daughter, who has a rare disease that cannot be cured and is expensive to take care of.

Book Number - 21

Book - The Last Continent

Pages - 412

Author - Terry Prachett

Review - It's by Sir Terry. Does it need a review past that?

Number Of Wprds: 109,957

Book Title: Harry Potter: Duke of Gryffendor

Author: Stalkerace

Summary: Harry finds out he's a descendant of Gryffendor

Rating: (optional)

Review: He find out that he's descended from Gryffindor and is filthy rich, a lord, and has a private army. He also finds out that Dumbledor is a bad person along with some of the Weasleys. (optional)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7036397/1/Harr...e_of_Gryffindor

Edited by Torene

Number Of Pages: 324

Book Title: Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark

Author: Ridley Pearson (This dude is a awesome writer! rolleyes.gif *hint hint*)

Summary: Five kids are made into DHIs to save the park. The park comes alive at night so it's up to the kids (who when they go to sleep actually cross over and become their DHI's) to stop the evil Overtakers from taking over. tongue.gif *Is not going to give spoilers away*

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 377

Book Title: Kingdom Keepers: Disney at Dawn

Author: Ridley Pearson

Summary: The Overtakes break free and the Kingdom Keepers have to go to the AK this book to stop em. This time the evil dudes have put up a second server so if the five kids go to sleep they will be caught in a "limbo". They must stay awake to locate the second "evil" server and destroy it while being chased by Maleficent's minions.

Edited by evangeline5432

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 302

Book Title: The God of Small Things

Author: Arundhati Roy

Summary: A story about the tragical conditions that lead to the separation of fraternal twins and the fallout of that as they come to meet each other again after 23 years of distance.

Edited by lightbird

Book Number: 36

Number Of Pages: 512

Book Title: Plague: A Gone Novel

Author: Michael Grant

Summary: After a few months and a lot of hardship, the kids of Perdido Beach have almost gotten used to living in what they call the Fallout Alley Youth Zone, an enclosed, circular area 20 miles across where there are no adults, no electricity, limited resources, and a whole lot of mutated creatures. But extinction looms over them once again when a plague of flesh-eating parasites begins infesting the population and kids start catching a deadly cough. The only way to survive might be to ask for the help of an old enemy.

Book Number: 37

Number Of Pages: 376

Book Title: To Kill a Mockingbird

Author: Harper Lee

Summary: In Alabama during the Jim Crow era, Scout Finch endures persecution and learns difficult truths about life during the course of her father Atticus' defense of a black man against charges of rape.

Book Number: 38

Number Of Pages: 432

Book Title: Passion

Author: Lauren Kate

Summary: Luce plunges into the past in an attempt to unravel the curse on her and her true love Daniel, a fallen angel. Along the way, she catches glimpses of her former lives, including her own fiery deaths. Little does she know that what she does in the past could damage her own present beyond repair.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 264

Book Title: Midnight Sun

Author:Stephenie & Christiaan Meyer

Summary: Another version of Stephenie's 1st book Twilight... story seen in 1st person thru Edward's eyes... quite a different perspective on a story already told in book and film form... A little darker... covers Edward's struggle with his obsessive attraction to Bella's blood, and the other vampire's REAL feelings about Edward's obsession with Bella.

Review: Love this version, wish there had been more of the story carried on in this perspective:)

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 242

Book Title: Fantasy Lover (Dark Hunter #1)

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Summary: For 2,000 years, Julian of Macedon has lived a curse of being a love-slave. When he is summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's fantasies, Grace is the first woman to see him as a man with a tormented past. Taking him out into the world, instead of keeping him locked up, Grace teaches Julian to love again. But can that alone break the 2,000-year-old curse he is under?

Review: Interesting take on Greek mythology wink.gif

Number Of Pages: 264

Book Title: Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters

Author: Lesley M. M. Blume

Summary: Cornelia, the daughter of a famous pianist is often left behind when her mother goes on concerts, and she does not have any friends. She doesn't talk very much, and when she does, she uses big words to alienate people. However, meeting a strange neighbor changes her.

Book Number - 22

Book - Star Trek - Log 9

Pages - 184

Author - Alan Dean Foster

Review - A much more 'Trek-y' episode in all, less out-of-character for the crew.

Number Of Words: 84,558

Book Title: A Revelation

Author: MSgt SilverDollar

Summary: Harry finds out he's a descendant of three of the founders

Rating: (optional)

Review: He find out that he's descended from Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw and is filthy rich and has a bunch of titles. He also finds out that Dumbledor is a bad person along with some of the Weasleys. Basically a bamf story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7405119/1/A_Revelation

I have a question. I know that somebody may have already asked that but... So, how do we keep track of books that are originally published as one, but later split into two? In my case it's a book which in its Bulgarian translation (that I read) is split into two volumes. I already read the first one, but I have no idea when I'll be able to find the second and I don't know if I should count it as one or as two.

PS The books have 376 and 336 pages respectively.

these 4 books are part of a series and should be read in the order listed. THere is also a 5th book of short stories that ties in to them called Book of Enchantments that I recommend, but the stories in it are to short to count for this (unless I can count the whole book as 1 rather than 10?)

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 240-260 I think (had to return to the library and forgot to get a page count)

Book Title: Dealing with Dragons

Author: Patricia C. Wrede

Summary: Princess Cimorene does Not want to be a proper princess. She wants to fence, learn magic, cook, and do all those things proper girls are not allowed to do. The last straw was the betrothal. So she runs away to do the unthinkable. She finds a dragon and asks to be its Princess! That’s just the start of her adventure. Along the way she meets Morwen the Witch, a stone Prince, and the Jinn of the Bottle! With the new Dragon King being chosen soon, and Wizards plotting, will Cimorene find her Happily Ever After?

Review: A great book for Teens and young adults. Lots of fun poked at fairy tails.

Rating:

Number Of Pages: 242

Book Title: Searching for Dragons

Summary: Princess Cimorene is back and must go on a quest to save the Dragon King and all of the Enchanted Forest Kingdom. Along the way she must team up with King Mendanbar and save the day with the help of the Witch Morwen.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 244

Book Title: Calling on Dragons

Summary: Cimorene is back and so are those pesky wizards! A new plot is in the works and the Enchanted Forest is once again in danger. With the help of the Dragon King, Morwen the Witch, and Telemain the Enchanter, two cats, and a blue flying donkey named Killer she might just be able to save the day.

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 255

Book Title: Talking to Dragons

Summary: Young Daystar’s mother always told him “Always be polite to dragons.” Good advice, it might just help him save the day. Armed with a magic sword he doesn’t know how to use, and teamed up with a fire witch who is a real hot head, Daystar is in a race against time to save the kingdom! Last of the Enchanted forest Chronicles.

Oops, I forgot I was doing this! And now I feel horrible because I can only remember one book I've read since then...

Number Of Pages: 320 (according to Google; it was a library book and had to go back)

Book Title: The Oracle of Stamboul

Author: Michael David Lukas

Summary: Young savant Eleonora Cohen stows away on a ship to Stamboul, and ends up living with her father's friend. While she is there, she meets the sultan and uses her knowledge to help him with his duties. (honestly I was lost at that part and I can't remember exactly what those duties were...)

Rating: 3 out of 5

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 568

Book Title: Los muertos vivientes 1 - 4 (The Walking Dead)

Author: Robert Kirkman

Summary: A man wakes up in a hospital and sees that most people are now zombies. He goes to try to find his family and meets a group of people who are trying to survive.

Book Number - 23

Book - Star Trek - Log 10

Pages - 215

Author - Alan Dean Foster

Review - Again keeping more-or-less in character, although I'm not sure about Kirk's deception tactic during the conference.

Book Number: 1 biggrin.gif

Number Of Pages: 358 (Not counting the endless pages of narrative by William Goldman >.<)

Book Title: The Princess Bride

Author: My edition is published by William Goldman, but the original one (without the incessant cuts) is by S. Morgenstern

Summary: Westley and Buttercup have the coolest romance ever. Pretty much, "a tale of true love and high adventure, pirates, princesses, giants, miracle, fencing, and a frightening assortment of wild beasts..."

Rating: 4.5/5

Review: I disliked the number of cuts that William Goldman made to the book, but I suppose it helped the book flow better. There were many strange intrusions by S. Morgenstern that distracted from the book. At one point, he mentioned taxes and directly afterwards placed, "(This was after taxes.But everything is after taxes. Taxes were here even before stew.)"