Syrup

What do you collect?

Knives and other assorted bladed weapons. Don't worry, I'd never use them to harm anyone outside of self-defense or to defend a friend and/or loved one.

Shells, coins, foreign currency (both coins and bills), stamps (postage), cassette tape, tickets from bus rides, theatre, train. Perhaps bookmarks and letters from friends.

Random coins, shiny rocks, marbles (I think I've lost a few...), bouncy balls, dragons and dragons things of all sorts (big surprise), and rubber toys. Ah yes, the rubber toy collection... laugh.gif

Decks of playing cards. I have I don't know how many any more, but probably at least 175, if not 200. They're spread out all over my house. I have some in my room, some in the guest bedroom, some in the office. It doesn't matter what is on the deck, if I don't already have one, it's not TOO expensive, & I have money, I'll buy it. I have Power Rangers, Barbie, Sailor Moon, Hello Kitty, Betty Boop, Elvis, Harley Davidson, and Coca Cola decks, among others.

Lighthouses. Books. Comic Books. Movies. Claw game stuffed animals.

Currency. Both foreign and domestic. LOL. I have a 1915 US Barber Head quarter in a better condition than you would expect for it being so old. I have a Standing Liberty US quarter that IS worn, so much so that I can't even read a date on it. But I think it's either a 1916 or a 1917, according to the images in a currency book. The one I own appears to NOT have stars below the eagle on the back and the later versions of the coin all have 3 stars below the eagle. I have four $1 Silver Certificates, two $5 Silver Certificates, a 1928 $2 bill, and random bills from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I also have a ton of Bicentennial US quarters. I also have Bicentennial half dollars, but not as many as I have of the quarters.

I used to collect Pokemon figurines (the fake ones they sold in a local store since they were cheaper) haha. smile.gif

And now, I collect those souvenir coins you get in machines whenever my family and I travel to other countries. Right now, I have about 10 - all from Europe. biggrin.gif

I used to collect feathers but I kind of stopped doing that. Then I got into collecting stamps...but then I stopped doing that as well and now I collect dragon figures. I try to mostly get green ones but I do have a few orange, white and black dragons.

Edited by 0023567467

Candy wrappers. I'm not weird... really...

I don't think it's weird. I've had some fun looking through here - I found stuff about the wrappers to be quite interesting.

Edited by diaveborn

Mostly Pokemon plushies, commemorative coins and movie filmstrips. Though more recently, I have also begun collecting any "Love Live" merchandise I can get my hands on. xd.png

Edited by ranger X92

In my collection, I have a series of coins from around the world!

books from thrift stores, im trying to get like full series of babysitters club and the likes

Things I actively collect:

-My Little Ponies. The true MLP's only, i.e. pre-Friendship is Magic. I can't stand FIM and what it's done to the franchise. I mostly collect G1's and G3's, although I'd like to branch out into G2's eventually. I've been collecting them since I was very young and have several hundred in my collection.

-Monster High dolls. Just got into collecting them last year, they're so creative and well made that they finally won me over and they're SO addictive. Ever since they stopped making MLP's I wanted I've been depressed without something to regularly go to the toy aisle to purchase, so these dolls were like a freaking gift from above.

-Gunpla (Gundam model kits) and a few other kinds of model kits. I haven't gotten one in a while because they're inconvenient to come by here, but they're so fun to build.

-Books about dissociation, MPD/DID, trauma and abuse (particularly childhood sexual abuse), RA/SRA, PTSD, and anything in that same vein. This is my field of expertise and it's what I wanted to study and go into professionally before I dropped out of college.

-Extreme, strange, violent, and dark cinema. Any films that are disturbing, bizarre, over the top gory/gross, psychedelic and generally way out there, exploitation, mondo, Troma, giallo, and so on. Even if it's a movie I hate I'll usually keep it.

There's a lot more stuff I passively amass when I come across them, but to list those would take far too much space/time.

I also hoard pictures and fan art from the fandoms I like. There are a couple of fandoms for which I'm 90% sure I have the biggest fan art collection of on the entire internet, or at least I've never ran across anything that rivals it. I'm talking 20,000+ pictures in one obscure fandom... yeah, I have a problem with digital hoarding, and I do the same thing with a few other mediums, such as rare remixes of songs and crime scene photos from cases I'm interested in. I have very varied interests. >_>

full series of babysitters club

Mine isn't QUITE complete. But it's pretty close.

I have books 1 through 59, 62, 67, 71, 90, 121 through 126, Mystery 1 through 6, 15, 36, Super Special 1 through 11, 14, and 15. I think I might have some of the Friends Forever series as well, but if I do, they aren't stored on the same bookcase, so I don't know which, if any, I actually have.

Hmm. I'm missing more than I thought I was.

Funnily enough there are a ton of people who collect the same sort of things. I guess we all just are creeps together?

I do too! Once, when I was ten (24 now) when my friends mom brought me to his soccer game, well, there was a small forest of pine trees, and there were blackbird's wings everywhere, without the meat. Just feathers attached to each other. I will collect anything from an animal if it won't rot. Skulls and bones especially, but other stuff too. I found rabbit fur scattered in my yard one day. I put it in a baggie and put it in my showcase. Where it remains three months later. Yeah, Creep Coalition! >:)

Edited by Fightandspawn

I used to collect Zippos but I lost most of my collection in my last move. I have a small collection of stuffed animals packed away in storage; no room for them here, unfortunately. Carousel horses, animal knicknackery of all kinds, books, knives/swords/bladed weapons of all sorts, I've collected it all at some point lol Now my biggest collection seems to be shoes. =| Not too sure how happy I am about that, but some of them sure are cute! LOL!

I like to collect sand animals of every type. Each one is unique, and they come in just about every animal including dragons.

Here is a picture of some sand dragons I've collected:

user posted image

I used to collect Pokemon cards like no one's business, but I've kinda lost interest with the last two regions. I still have my original cards though. ^^

Currently I collect:

My Little Pony mystery pack ponies

Dragons (dur-hur) x3

Anything Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy 7 related. (is searching high and low for a shirt of Cloud Strife or Zack Fair)

Disney Movies

I have the entire anime series of Inuyasha on DVD including all four movies

That's about it really. :/

I've been collecting things my whole life on and off. My main collections currently that I display are

Wade figurines/dishware/decor

Pocket Dragons

Anything Pokemon (Plushies, video games, TV show, movies, board games, puzzle, figurines, cards, books, etc)

Board games in general

Books by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

Nancy Drew Games and books

Mortar and Pestles

"ology" books

Harvest moon games and plushes

Other collections not on display:

Keychains of places I've been, mostly museums and such

Disney memorabilia (plushes, movie games puzzles)

Anything to do with Ancient Egypt

National Geographic Magazines

Edited by water_angel