Syrup

What do you collect?

When I was younger I was obsessed with pokemon so of course I had a collection of pokemon cards. But, I ended up giving them to my brother when that phase of my life ended. But, I have continued to collect a few items such as foreign/rare currency, pins, and candy canes. Yes, candy canes. Every Christmas I buy weird colored/flavored candy canes to add to my collection. Plus, I also grab random ones from my friends at school. Sometimes I feel bad that I have collected so many candy canes when I could have eaten them all! happy.gif

I still have my Yu Gi Oh cards, even if I don't play anymore.

In the actuality, I collect mangas and anime figures (Gashapon, revoltech, figma, etc)

Well, it's been about a year since I first posted and my dragon collection has only grown!

Well I collect micro machines my oldest one was made in 1982 I also have lots of rare ones and a factory test piece as well as collectible corvette collection my fav has 2 be my back to the future one though

I have a friend who collects akward pens, and my younger sister collects junk such as glitter, tin foil, old snowballs, torn ribbon, and used tape.

I collect dead roses...

I collected Breyer model horses, until I ran out of room on my shelves. Now I go the digital route and collect ridiculous amounts of pictures. My poor computer hates me for how large my folders are. laugh.gif

used to collect pokemon card (5 3" binders full...). I collect pokemon videogames, zelda videogames, videogames in general. movies... in general. art supplies. marbles. little hand blown glass animals. penguin figurines. dragon figurines. books (tons and tons and tons of books- I need two libraries... badly!) butterflies (alive, and then I take pictures and let them go), plants. rocks.

there's pry more... but that's what's off the top of my head.

Digitally, I have a collection of MVIs I find lying around Youtube. My girlfriend and I just search for "MVI + (random number between 0000 and 9999)" and watch lots and lots of untagged, untitled, view-less MVIs from around the world. It's amazing to see what people take videos of.

The most popular things to take a poor-quality, under-5-minute MVI of are certainly:

babies

dogs and puppies (especially dog breeders)

dance performances

birthday parties

horse riding/training

driving, or standing on the beach

workout bros

probably in that order. xd.png

But sometimes we find really crazy ones, or beautiful HD videos, or completely confusing stuff. Those ones we save.

We started a tumblr to keep them all archived since they so quickly get lost in the sea of data. Almost all the MVIs are between 15 seconds and 2 minutes, but anything over 5 min is tagged "long".

You can check it out here: MVIndex

if you want to see what we've found, lol.

I collect

rings and bracelets

coins

Beanie Babies

Horses

Dragons

Books

Video games

Pens

Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards. I used to be obsessed with the show

When i was younger I collected rocks biggrin.gif

Tolkien stuff. I have the Christmas Tales, original publishing copy. I also have LOTR first edition. It's in a vault because its worth quite a bit. The hobbit.

I collect Warhammer 40 000, Warhammer Fantasy. I also collect swords. I have Anduril hero sword, Real sting in it's scabbard. Aragorns ranger sword, and legolas' knives. I have a LARPing sting, and a larping Orcrist.

I collect puppies.

But not really. I only have two of them. If I could have more, I'd totally start a collection. tongue.gif

I collect fonts, textures and stock images for graphic art I do. happy.gif But that's about all, to be honest. I guess I sort of collect DVDs too, maybe, but I'm not sure if that really counts.

I collect Kpop stuff. smile.gif

When I was little I used to have a sea shell collection, a sticker collection, and a rock collection too.

I collect... collections dry.gif

Seriously I've collected SO many things over the years that it is kind of hard to keep up with... when my kids were little and into Yu-Gi-Oh I collected cards with them but my cards were picked on their beauty factor. I collecte Pixies and Fairies, I'm a crafter so I collect yarn... tons and tons of yarn biggrin.gif ..., I collect gnomes, and I love Glass Art so I collect that as well.

For Christmas I collect Charlie Brown Christmas sets and put them up around my house (the traditional ones not religeous ones), I collect Fairy & Pixie ornaments and dragon ornaments (for my hubby) and currently I've been receiving gnome ornaments (but old ones from the 70's and earlier) . My goal is to collect enough to do an entire christmas tree in nothing but pixies /faries and dragons.

unsure.gif The strangest thing I collect however would be things that belonged to loved ones who have passed... maybe thats weird blink.gif , maybe not rolleyes.gif . I go for the unusaul stuff that spoke to them and in essance reminds me of who they were as a person. I have a gods eye that my grandfather made, a statue of 2 lovers that was done by my husbands grandmother, a strange chinese etched plate that belonged to his great grandmother, wolf figurines, a lamp that looks like the Gorton's fisherman icon, a coffee mug that plays music, knitting needles, an apron... I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.

I hoard Pokemon cards. I've never played the trading card game at all, funnily enough, but I've always loved collecting the cards and meticulously arranging them in my binders.

I used to collect TY Beanie Babies and this is starting to creep back again with my weekly trips to the charity shops.

I'm starting to slowly collect a few retro games here and there, even for systems I've never owned. Along with my own retro Game Boy and N64 games, I've picked up Sonic for the Sega Game Gear and just yesterday found a Sega Mega Drive game(!) which was Olympic Gold for the Barcelona 1992 Olympics. I've never owned a Sega console in my life, but I have a love for all things retro gaming and wherever I can find these treasures (they appear to be a lot harder to find here in the UK than in America, and I can't use eBay) I snag em.

I collect dinosaur toys. Have been doing so since I was a child. I've got a tradition with the yearly markets over here in my town, I snatch at least one dinosaur with me.

So far, I've never failed c:

i collected souvenirs from other countries (mostly key-chains) and other weird stuff that looks shiny tongue.gif yeah...and still do that