Syrup

What do you collect?

I collect shot glasses.

And cat art and figurines.

And strangely enough, fallen whiskers from my babygirl (cat). Yeah, she's got me totally wrapped xd.png

Bones. As in skeletons. And horns and antlers.

In my defence, it's good to have a reference collection as a part of the profession. I have no real human bones however. But if I could acquire some legally, I would.

Also old and rusty stuff like big hooks and broken stoves, but that's mostly to use as decoration.

And beautiful and interesting books obviously. Especially if they are folklore and old scientific books. Again, good for the profession to see how things change and evolve over time.

I wish I could collect beautiful musical instruments as well, but they're a bit on the pricy side and difficult to store. But I've got an assortment of flutes (+ ocarina), and a kantele.

I collect a lot of stuff! My house is like a miniature museum with all the bookshelves and showcases. I guess I like DC too because I like collecting stuff.

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin / Silver Fang -stuff.

- Yeah, the old dog anime/manga from way back! I'm a big fan and the stuff is quite rare, so it's very pleasant to collect. Every new piece and trinket feels like a treasure. :3

Taxidermy

- Animal parts, skulls, hides, bones, claws... I also do nature scavenging and collect feathers, stones and so on to fit pretty with the taxidermy.

Books

- I just really love books, and I'd like to own every book I've enjoyed reading.

Plushies

- The bigger, the better. The more realistic looking, the better.

I also collect Dragon Age stuff (my newest obsession), big cat figurines, art from my favourite artists and apparently also Jägermeister-bottles. I've given up collecting doll shoes, magnets, pins, stickers. (But I still have those I collected way back when I did)

I actually have a collection of collections. xd.png

It contains:

- Logobugs (These Things.) I got most of them from a science competition I went to.

- Bottlecaps; this is actually one of my biggest collections, residing in a separate shoebox from the shoebox containing all my other collections.

- Skimming stones; my dad loves to skim stones and he gave me a bunch of good ones when we went to a beach once. I never got the hang of it, so they sit in my collection shoebox xd.png

- Interesting/pretty stones; yes this is different from the skimming stones, yes I have two collections of stones, I also have a pet rock (her name is Bloosa), don't judge me xd.png

- Coins; this is probably my biggest collection, and definitely the fastest growing. Actually, I have a few £2 coins and a 50p or two in my pocket that I need to put into the moneybox treasure chest :3 I think the collection totals somewhere around £50, maybe more. There are lots of very interesting £2 coins.

- Rubber wristbands; there was a badminton club at one point and I was the only girl there. They had wristbands at the end and I took a big handful. I decided I would wear one from that point on. I'm still wearing it as I write this - although it's the second, since the first broke. I fit several of them together into an interesting shape.

- Pens; I keep getting them in conventions. My favourite one is from a sex ed lesson; it has a water bit with sperm floating in it. It's very amusing. xd.png (I keep the pens on my table, mostly, for easy use.)

I think there's another one in my collection of collections, but TBH, I don't open it much - the bottlecaps are separate and I keep the coin box out for the constant new additions and total counting and admiring, and those are the only two I ever really add to xd.png

I've been meaning to take a picture of them; if I get around to it, I'll make an imgur album and link it here smile.gif

Edited by Zeditha

I collect rocks with iron pyrite or mica in them. They sparkle and glitter in the sun 0~0 I have small collections of playing card packs, bouncy balls, aquarium gemstones(but only if I find them), stuffies, stickers, kirby figurines and foreign coins lol

Edited by Dragon_Master777

Monster High dolls and Exalted books. Someday my third edition CE Exalted will come...

I collect miniature elephants (mostly made out of glass). I don't actively collect them it just happend that I started to get them all over and then when ever I see a cute little elephant I'll buy it.

Then I do have the Harry Potter books in multiple languages.. I know it's weird but I like them.. Plus as they are children's books they are easy to understand even though my language skills have dropped. As of now I have them in 5 different languages (and I can read and undertsand them all). I'm only missing the 3rd and 4th books in Swedish. After I get those I have to pick up a new language to first train myself in and then to buy the books biggrin.gif

I collect Swarovski Christmas ornaments, and (non-screen used/fan built) movie props. Have the Cryocan from Jurassic Park, Hammond's cane, a screen-accurate Jumanji board, the miniaturization chips from Innerspace, Han Solo's blaster (ANH Hero version), and a full-size (functional) R2D2. Working on a Rocketeer helmet. Used to have a Delorean time machine, but someone T-boned us at a red light when we were on our way to a convention and totaled it - that one is, unfortunately, a much more expensive replacement that will take a few years.

I collect stuffed animals, usually small ones (tho my mom likes to buy me really huge ones). About a year ago I bought one of those big hanging shoe organizer things and I keep most of my stuffed animals in that, except for the special ones that go on the back of the couch I sleep on. 

I also collect little figurines, usually animals, usually found at the dollar store or a thrift store. I have dogs of all sorts, a few different bears, a dolphin, tiger, lion, duck, moose, seal, about 8 different dragons, and of course my unicorns. 

I collect books, Fire Gem dragons,  Schleich, Breyer, How To Train Your Dragon figures and toys in 2014, other assorted dragon figurines, and more. 

I also used to collect stuffed toys when I was younger but do so no longer.

Mint dragons, books, snowglobes, books, dragon stuff.

I collect books, pencils, erasers, and journals/notebooks.

I used to collect stuffed animals, though I have stopped. Even so, I still have quite a few left over from when I collected them.

There are four things I mainly collect: Tamagotchis, Lilo & Stitch products, Pokemon stuff and all kinds of things related to sharks.

I love collecting things !!! I mostly collect plushies, but I also collect bones and other taxidermy stuff, old ds games, dragon figures, and I have a lil dice collection Starting :0

Dragon figurines, horse models, art supplies, movie soundtracks, and (according to hubby) empty Diet Dr. Pepper cans.  :rolleyes:

Glass figurines, action figures, DOG THINGS, paintings, jewelry, stuffed animals, robots, Breyer horses (what girl doesn't collect those?), books (I have a copy of A Tale of Two Cities from England that's over a century old), bookmarks (this deserves its own category for good reason), movie/show/game posters, mystical/metaphysical items (my authentic Navajo dreamcatcher is probably the pride of that collection), symbolic stuff from different religions, dragon- and unicorn-themed sundries, pillows, blankets, pottery, ancient shark teeth, arrowheads, gemstones, anything antique, etc. (Before you sign me up for Hoarders, I should mention that I don't have an acquisition compulsion miraculously enough and the sum of it is so tiny that it allows for several categories.)

I really would like to collect bigger articles, but my vagabond lifestyle doesn't jive with that. I could put larger, more valuable collectibles in storage, but that would probably leave me in constant worry about their safety. Way too neurotic and free-spirited for that kind of responsibility.

I collect basically everything. I'm fascinated by everything. I was going to include musical instruments, but my keyboard, Irish whistle, and voice are all I need.

I used to collect country flags in a visitor counter :D

Also to collect dreams (write down all my dreams) but I lost the files in my old phone so I stopped :(

Edited by EmmaScarlet