Imbecamiel

Pseudo Low-Gen Dragons

I actually plan to make a couple of pseudo-low-gen Tinsels for myself out of my current breeding stock- not going to kill the ones I have, going to breed out two gens and kill the middle one. However, I'm going to name the pseudo-low-gens so it's clear which CB Tinsel they originally came from. That way, I can have short even-gen Tinsels without trading an arm and a leg for them.

In general, I am okay with these, because once the record of the old lineage is gone, you have a clean slate to work with. I just would never kill any of my really beloved dragons, I'd only do this myself if I bred the dragon specifically for killing.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I MAY do that to create ONE dragon - but I would keep it on my own scroll and never breed for anyone else with it. Because sooner or later someone will wonder.

I'd never ever kill a dragon to get low gens.

I really don't care enough about lineages to do that.

I'd never ever kill a dragon to get low gens.

I really don't care enough about lineages to do that.

year ago, when I was only starting a game, I didn't care either smile.gif

year ago, when I was only starting a game, I didn't care either smile.gif

I've been playing since Feb 2008 and I still don't care enough about a lineage to kill off a dragon to make it's offspring look better. wink.gif

Sorry, just had to say something because one of my pet peeves is the idea that a newbie doesn't care about lineages because they don't know any better. Every one's game play is different. Some will get bored with the collecting side and move onto working in different lineages and others won't so it's a folly to think that given time they will come over to the "right" way of playing. Not saying that is what you were implying, hellhunt, but it does seem to be the general mentality of people on the forums. *gets off of soapbox*

Edited by Sir Barton

I've been playing since Feb 2008 and I still don't care.

I don't care either - I do inbreds on purpose, when I like (Here's a pretty one in progress but which slipped up a bit... ! - what's not to love ?) - BUT - I am not into concealing evidence ! Not because I would lie to someone I was gifting to or trading with, but because some today in 2015 someone may ask and I will have vanished and no-one will know what it was I did.

Like biggrin.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm for it if the lineage was a mess to begin with. I've only done it once, and I have yet to see the results really. It could end badly, depending on how the deads show up. I've seen some that mess up the space in between the generations and look pretty bad.

I don't care either - I do inbreds on purpose, when I like (Here's a pretty one in progress but which slipped up a bit... ! - what's not to love ?) - BUT - I am not into concealing evidence ! Not because I would lie to someone I was gifting to or trading with, but because some today in 2015 someone may ask and I will have vanished and no-one will know what it was I did.

Like biggrin.gif

Pretty. If you can get two more babies from Bianco and Hippy that are white you could have the third gen white breed back to Hippo. That would be awesome and very unique. wub.gif

You make an excellent point about people not knowing what you did once you're no longer around to share the info but I expect you to be around a lot longer then 2015. wink.gif ....unless the 2012 predictions are right and then we're all out of here. laugh.gif

my latest inbred

Edited by Sir Barton

I have some really nice lineages that are inbred. Inbreeding doesn't bother me, it's messy lineages that make my inner neat freak twitch. smile.gif Though I think you make an excellent point about Tinsels Sir Barton. I don't think I could kill one (not saying others shouldn't just that I couldn't) and would probably just throw a messy lineage Tinsel back.

Pretty. If you can get two more babies from Bianco and Hippy that are white you could have the third gen white breed back to Hippo. That would be awesome and very unique.  wub.gif

You make an excellent point about people not knowing what you did once you're no longer around to share the info but I expect you to be around a lot longer then 2015.  wink.gif ....unless the 2012 predictions are right and then we're all out of here.  laugh.gif

my latest inbred

Oh wow. That is FAB - and a great idea - I will so do smile.gif

ETA soddit; waterhorse sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

the thing I hate about it is that the dragon loses all it's history

I like knowing where the dragon came from

This is what I don't like about it.

I have dragons that others bred for me or that I picked up in the AP that had a pretty parent in it's background. When the original owner of that parent kills it, it disappears on my dragon as well. Not only does it mess it up for me, but it also makes it look like I made the pseudo-2nd gen, and perhaps others won't want babies from me. I have had three of those so far, and I expect as this practice becomes popular, I will have more. I am a bit bummed.

I don't mind pseudo low-gens but only if they're done in a way that doesn't affect gameplay for other players. And actually look good. Some of my dragons' lineages have random tombstones scattered through them and I'm like "What".

I admit that I'm currently trying to work on one (and kind of failing given the type of dragon I'm using >_>). Y'see, I don't have any CB silvers and I really, really like silver dragons. One of my silvers already has a pruned lineage (grandparents are both killed, father's killed too) and the other is messy. Both of them were gifts so I have no intentions of killing either. But breeding them for offspring and killing those ones off won't affect any other player and it'll be as close as I can get (at least presently) to owning my own CB silvers (one day!). Besides, in a sort of abstract way, the tombstones could fit in with the theme of the lineage. x3

With the tinsels lately there seems to be a lot more anti-tombstone talk going on then I ever noticed before. My first tinsel was from a dead-ancestor line and I certainly don't mind it.

I'm currently planning a tinsel project that will involve cutting off long, messy inbred lines and then checkering tombstones. I'm sure many people won't be interested in dragons from my project, but hey, that just means more to go around for me and any other people who are interested.

There was a pretty notorious player a while back that had a huge scroll with a lot of inbred dragons; I had an offspring from one of those big, messy lines. They got their scroll burned and everything inbred went *poof!* into the abyss. For a while I wasn't sure what to do with the dragon with the now-shortened, cleaned lineage, in terms of organization or record-keeping. Eventually I moved him into the section with the clean-lineaged, "breedable" dragons, and there's a note in my spreadsheet that he used to be inbred with a significantly longer lineage.

Actually, I should probably make a habit of periodically checking my inbreds to see if any of them have been sanitized...

~runs off to check lineages~

I'm kind of hesitant to kill off dragons, myself, but I haven't decided if I definitely don't want to, or if I'm just going to.

I know I got this one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vWJm7

But I won't kill that one, because it was a gift, instead, I'm going to kill off an offpsring I bred, because I want to make a green & gold tinsel line, if I can figure out what kind of green dragon to use. unsure.gif

I don't want to upset other people by there being tombstones on their lineage, though. unsure.gif

While I prefer not to kill dragons (with the exception of Halloween for Zombie attempts), I do not mind if someone kills one of their dragons. The only reason I dislike killing dragons is due to that heart-wrenching description it gives you.

It helps to remember that we are dealing with pixels, not flesh-and-blood dragons. The lineage doesn't actually affect your dragon much, aside from its breed and possible name. Same thing with inbreeding, for there are no positive or negative characteristics to our dragons. As a result, I feel that it doesn't matter what the dragon's lineage looks like.

I don't really approve of killing dragons except for zombies so I don't really see them as more valuable. However I don't mind people killing their own dragons as they are their own and they can do with them what they wish, I would just never care to own one myself.

Aquamyrine

I prefer "cleaned" tinsel lines to long messy ones, but that applies only to tinsels--I have no interest in "cleaned" lines of anything I could conceivably get a 2nd gen of. Also, I value the "cleaned" lines much lower than similar gen lines actually descended from CB tinsels.