dragongrrl

Gorgeous Tinselkins

yes, I know this. That was not my question.

But if it is a dead dragon, then it would not show up in a search as alive, right? It would show a tombstone and say "this dragon has died, etc".

All the original prize dragons show up when searched as alive. So, I was wondering, which ancestor did my daughter's dragon come from?

It's a dead line. It might be a 5th gen, might be a 15th gen. Unless you know who owned the dead dragon and they give you its ancestry, there's no way to be sure.Some people kill a long lined dragon after getting the eggs they want from it because they think it makes a more compact, cleaner looking lineage. The dragon's tombstone will remain in its offspring's lineage views, but the name, code and other data on the dragon disappears after two weeks UNLESS it was successfully Zombified. Zombies will retain their code, lineage links and name with their tombstones, like this one, http://dragcave.net/lineage/1taBU.

I guess my question would be, if my daughter's dragon is not descended from one of the original prize dragons, as they all come up alive in search, then where did it come from? I thought that was impossible, cause EVERY tinsel comes from one of the original prize dragons.

Anyway, it was merely a curiosity for me. Not a big deal. Peace.

Replying to both of your posts here. ^^

I have a question. My daughter has a gold tinsel that was given to her as a gift. When we checked it's lineage, we discovered the Tinsel ancestor has apparently died, as there is a tombstone there.

No code is given for it. So we checked the DC Wiki, and looked up all the codes of the listed original gold prize dragons. All of them show alive and well.

So, who is the ancestor of my daughter's dragon? I thought ALL tinsels came from the original prize dragons given out.

It's really a shame because its a nice 3rd gen gold tinsel. Just wondering if anyone knows.

See Lineage Here

You're correct when you say all tinsels are descended from the original CB tinsels. The thing is though, when someone kills a dragon in a lineage, it breaks the lineage as well. So say I had a 6th generation stairstep tinsel from Apollo called 'Baby Tinsel' and the owner of Baby Tinsel's father killed him, then the link between Baby Tinsel and Apollo is broken. Baby Tinsel then becomes a psuedo 2nd gen tinsel with a tombstone father.

All the original prize dragons show up when searched as alive. So, I was wondering, which ancestor did my daughter's dragon come from?

Unfortunately, unless you were able to see the lineage of the tinsel before the father was killed (or asked the gifter about it), I don't believe there's a way to reestablish the lost lineage.

I tried having a look to see whether I could get any clues about your daughter's tinsel but the one 'lead' I was going on didn't work. The mother is an autumn seasonal so I looked at the progenies of the original CB gold tinsels but none of them have been paired with autumn seasonals so it appears like it's a random breeding. Basically, it could've been descended from any of the gold CBs. I'm slightly leaning away from Apollo though, purely because the mother was the tinsel and Apollo is the only male CB gold tinsel (back in 2010). This is working on the assumption that everyone likes stairstep tinsels though.

EDIT: Ninja'd so hard. XD

Edited by Varekis

Actually, I got a pm from Shinobimasterz that explained all very well:

What you have is a doctored lineage tinsel

Up until july 2011 you could've bred an egg and raise it. Kill it's parent's afterwards and it would (2weeks later) appear as a CB (the dead parents lineages would've been removed)

This could help solve long and messy lineages

BUT

after tinsels have been given out, a lot of people created fake CB tinsels this way making the real tinsel prizes less worthy

TJ then changed the system to display tombstones from the parents last gen (mother and father) forever

this way noone can fake gens anymore, that's why we have doctored lineages

one of my tinsels:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/YfLn5

So I guess that makes my daughter's dragon a bit of a quirky rarity, lo. Cool.

Oh, the tombstones showing up in lineages is a recent thing? I never knew that! Learn something new every day, I guess. :P

I always thought it's been around for longer after the CB alt glitch in the main cave thing. (except for when prize winners request alt CBs as their prizes)

Not that much of a rarity, actually. I have a number of doctored ones myself smile.gif A lot of people are doing it to tidy up messy lineages. I have one I REALLY want to trace back and I can't (I only want to know so as not to avoid accidental hidden inbreeding - I'm a bit geeky that way !)

Oh, the tombstones showing up in lineages is a recent thing? I never knew that! Learn something new every day, I guess. tongue.gif

I always thought it's been around for longer after the CB alt glitch in the main cave thing. (except for when prize winners request alt CBs as their prizes)

Tombstones have shown up in lineages for a long time now happy.gif I think they meant where tombstones now show up on the lineages of dragons who have dead parents. Before, the lineage page to this this would have made it look like it was a cb alt vine (though when it would go to breed an egg, the tombstones would show up).

(sorry for the off-topicness, I'll stop now :cool.gif

Not that much of a rarity, actually. I have a number of doctored ones myself smile.gif A lot of people are doing it to tidy up messy lineages. I have one I REALLY want to trace back and I can't (I only want to know so as not to avoid accidental hidden inbreeding - I'm a bit geeky that way !)

Personally, I freeze or abandon dead lines, when I find them, just because I'd rather see the full ancestry. I have one exception, a Red Selkin from the same line as Shinobimasterz's Gold Tin, http://dragcave.net/lineage/D5I45, kept for its BSA. I had seen something showing the line before the dead dragons were killed, and thought it had been Gold Epica's line, hence the name for my Red. I don't know if anyone else can confirm the lineage.

@dragonico - not that far off topic, as it was the Tinsel lines that pushed creation of more dead lines, and understanding the Tinselkins and their lines IS definitely part of what this thread is about.

Edited by dragongrrl

Tombstones have shown up in lineages for a long time now ^_^ I think they meant where tombstones now show up on the lineages of dragons who have dead parents. Before, the lineage page to this this would have made it look like it was a cb alt vine (though when it would go to breed an egg, the tombstones would show up).

(sorry for the off-topicness, I'll stop now :B)

Oh righteo, thanks. ^-^

(I'll stop too. :B)

I have acquired (FROM THE AP, NO LESS!) a STUNNING Tinselkin Nebula from Penk.

I love this Nebula

This is probably the most awesome Nebula lineage I've seen. laugh.gif

Oh wow, that is DEFINITELY the best lineage I have ever seen... AND it's a nebula... If only I was as lucky as you in grabbing AP eggs :/

Free purple tinsel-fail up for grabs! I worked quite hard to get a lineage like this.

Lineage

Teleport link!

That's awesome! I claimed her (him? xd.png), thank you so much. I'm building up a lineage similar to that, and I totally appreciate the effort. happy.gif

An ember tinselfail here with what I think's a rather nice code up for grabs: claim me here

"tv8Tj" like 'TV ate TJ' tongue.gif

Though I guess people will be keeping their slots for the new V-days laugh.gif

An ember tinselfail here with what I think's a rather nice code up for grabs: claim me here

"tv8Tj" like 'TV ate TJ' tongue.gif

Though I guess people will be keeping their slots for the new V-days laugh.gif

Thanks! My brother collects embers so I grabbed it for him =)

So I am not even sure what to call this little beauty but I am waiting for it to gender so that I can name it appropriately. However, I will gladly share this lovely lineage link with everyone to show it off... This is my first so called tinsel-fail but I find it beautiful and will cherish it forever....

Hellfire-Perfection!

Aint it sweet?

Thanks! My brother collects embers so I grabbed it for him =)

Grrr... If I had seen this before I would have taken it. For obvious reasons.

Omygod, I would love taking it. It's beautiful! But I'm egg locked at the moment :/ Such a shame. But congratulations to whoever takes it ^^

I breed them weekly so if I happen to get another one I can send it your way. happy.gif

Their next breeding is in five days I believe. smile.gif

Sorry it took me so long to come back and check here, I spendo most of my time in trading. o_o

I breed them weekly so if I happen to get another one I can send it your way. happy.gif

Their next breeding is in five days I believe. smile.gif

Sorry it took me so long to come back and check here, I spendo most of my time in trading. o_o

I would love that!! And I was too busy with the Valentine Holiday to check this topic, so don't worry ^^

I would love that!! And I was too busy with the Valentine Holiday to check this topic, so don't worry ^^

Oh good!

Hopefully this pair is gonna make one of us very happy this week. I've added you to my tinsel spreadsheet so I don't forget and I'll message you once they give an egg. happy.gif