Karin Kes

The Inbred Ev-Gens

I have an even-generation, purebred but inbred Hellfire egg that I would like to donate to someone here. Here is its lineage: GONE .

Please PM me if you're interested. smile.gif

Oh, and I can also breed an inbred, even-generation Bluna (which would be as pure-bred as is ever possible for a Bluna) - via a similar system as the Hellfire egg above - so if anyone is interested in that as well, let me know and I will breed and send it on to you as soon as possible. smile.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

While not directly a part of this lineage, I will be attempting to breed children and parents, in an attempt to make a recursive linage that, if I'm understanding my family trees right, will expand the family tree beyond its actual generation number. I was considering breeding children to grandparents, but decided not to, or I may attempt this later.

I'm assuming the game allows for child-parent eggs, since it allows for sibling eggs it seems it would allow most anything. You can add me to the list of breeders if you like, my current freshly lain egg is here, although it's only second gen so there's some time before the lineage actually develops tongue.gif

Since I don't care for having inbreeding in my dragons, I would like to donate this egg to one of you.

It's a 5th gen - even gen - looks very nice - has silver tinsel in the lineage. It's a daydream egg. I'd keep if I didn't care about inbreeding but I do, lol.

Here's the lineage. First come, first served. Will be via teleport. smile.gif

I haven't posted about my personal lineages. I have two.

My most successful is my P90X lineage. P90X for anyone who doesn't know is a fairly hardcore exercise program and every dragon in my lineage has a P90X related name, plus the generation number (Roman numeral). The lineage is male Coastal Waverunner X female Hellfire.

My newest female.

Her mate.

And what their children will look like.

My other project is a pb lineage of tan ridgewings. The latest generation. It's a bit stalled to to the parent's complete refusal to breed >_>

I picked up this pretty white egg from the AP an hour or so ago. It looks like it may have come from someone here. I will give it a good home, since I love white dragons.

I want to join this! buuut my ideal pairing isn't complete... >>; but until then, what if we have a parent/child and part of the linage is full of other species? Will that still be accepted as an inbred?

Hello all,

I was a part of this lovely experiment many months ago. Then life took over as it is wont to do. However, I am in control again, wedding plans are finally over and I'll be getting married a week from today. So things are good again and I will be joining this experiment again.

That is, once I figure out who the hell all my dragons are. I didn't know you lost your names if you didn't sign in for over a month. I'm also cleaning out my scroll of many dragons... now that they don't have names, I'm not as attached to them.

But I think my starting pair will be a blue Nebula with a Skywing. Look forward to sharing my babies with everyone here.

Also, someone offered a dragon a few posts up. The most exciting thing about that egg was that the top two dragons in the first gen (winter and then spring) are mine! It's neet to see them come back!

Now this is how inbreeding should be done! (or stairstep as I'm also pondering) Tempting, very tempting. I have enough projects going on but this does look like fun.

I know I said a few posts up that I'm not for inbreeding, but that's more of reflecting on how I view life.

These sunstone and moonstone cuties have made me reconsider (plus there was a huge awesomely done inbred egg whose lineage made me reconsider, too). But all the inbreeding projects here that I've looked at use only one parent pair. Is it possible to do it with 2 parent pairs?

It's your lineage. Your rules. smile.gif

True. But I don't even know how to inbreed...

LOL

That sounds so silly. smile.gif

If I understand it right, I would breed each parent pair to produce one sibling. Then, I would breed the two siblings to create a 3rd gen.

And rinse and repeat? For a 4th... to whoever knows how long...

That's right. With two starting pairs they wouldn't be inbred until the 4th gen. You would need to breed a sibling pair from your 2nd gens who would then mate to produce your two inbred 4th gens. Etcetera.

Edited to make sense.

Edited by Wiz

I'm not sure I follow correctly...

CB dragon A, B, C, D

A + B = E

C + D = F

E + F = G, H

G + H = I, J

that could work, just starting at a 2nd gen rather than CB?

or, do you mean something more like this?

CB dragon A, B, C, D

A + B = E, F

C + D = G, H

E + G = I, J

F + H = K, L

I + K = M, N

J + L = O, P

M + O = Q.....

picture

thats a bit more of a complex inbreeding, which I may have to try later smile.gif

I edited it to make sense. This is what happens when you try to think through a headache. Sorry.

Hmmm... Looks like something I'd have to sketch out but I think I like Amadeus' second thought.

I'm off for a while, will come back and see if I can't make something like what Amadeus did.

Why would you say 4th gen, Wiz, tho - my early sketches were indicative of the inbreeding beginning at 3rd gen.

I can see I have a lot more to think about. Professional Inbreeding at its best, indeed.

After this, I have a WHOLE lotta more respect for the inbreeding that's done on purpose. It ain't easy.

What I meant was the first inbred egg wouldn't appear until the 4th gen. Third gen is 'just' insest.

Here's another pattern, with three pairs per generation. I originally came up with it in order to fit all three trio dragons in one inbreeding project. However, that's going to take a looooong time to get very far, so I'm also starting the red, white, and deepsea lineage. What do you guys think?

I was inspired to do the inbreed because of this AP caught water and bred request whiptail

That Whiptail is hilarious. laugh.gif

Here's another pattern, with three pairs per generation. I originally came up with it in order to fit all three trio dragons in one inbreeding project.  However, that's going to take a looooong time to get very far, so I'm also starting the red, white, and deepsea lineage. What do you guys think?

Oooh, very pretty! I like the variation from the usual checkerboard and so on. tongue.gif

Here's another pattern, with three pairs per generation. I originally came up with it in order to fit all three trio dragons in one inbreeding project. However, that's going to take a looooong time to get very far, so I'm also starting the red, white, and deepsea lineage. What do you guys think?

That's one gorgeous picture! And yeah, I'm back, lol. Now to put on my thinking cap...

Closed for cleaning.

edit: Cleaning complete.

Edited by rubyshoes