EPIC Project

The EPIC Even-gen Project

The BEST news of the night... I've heard from FEARLESS LEADER!

"I'm a bit busy with getting ready for grad school and working full time. I haven't been active for a while but I can try to be active if the project is moving. I can poke a couple people who also haven't been active lately as well. I don't think Verilidaine or Zae have been playing much or checking the forums but I talk to them on a regular basis."

I'm going to add 2 days to the check-in deadline to see if Kel can get in touch with some of our missing folks.

Deadline for check-in (revised) - January 16, 11:59p Cave Time

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Oooh, news from kelvera! smile.gif I hope she's alright!

Edit: Thanks for the heads-up, Jane! It's really good to hear that kelvera is "just" terribly busy.

Edited by Lastalda

I know that someone somewhere failed at zombiefying a 2nd gen, so some lineages are bound to be damaged.

Verified Zombies:

Zephyr- Alpha (DragonLily, Team DarkViolet)

CAPTCHA Suggested Quarks Zek (Wiz, Team Orchid)

Draconicus Dead Air (Amazon_Warrior, Team Blue)

I couldn't find a failed Zombie... if anyone spots one, let me know.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Verified Zombies:

Zephyr- Alpha (DragonLily, Team DarkViolet)

CAPTCHA Suggested Quarks Zek (Wiz, Team Orchid)

Draconicus Dead Air (Amazon_Warrior, Team Blue)

I couldn't find a failed Zombie... if anyone spots one, let me know.

I just went through the lineages in the spreadsheet and can verify this. Only these 3 zombies, no really dead dragons. All is good in this regard. smile.gif

Glad to hear that Kelvera is alright. smile.gif Still a lot of people missing, though. sad.gif I sure hope some of the others can be found. It's gonna be kinda hard to replace that many.

Oh if you are still waiting to hear from Ponytales I can probably get hold of her, I assume she got the pm as well?

Either way, will keep an eye out for her.

News from Gesepp:

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in this project anymore. If you need eggs once from some of my dragons, I could do that, but I can't commit to participating for weeks on end. Good luck.

k. For me it just rolled over to the 15th so I guess I'm technically late, but I would be interested in helping to finish the project if I can still be counted.

k. For me it just rolled over to the 15th so I guess I'm technically late, but I would be interested in helping to finish the project if I can still be counted.

Delighted to have you back!

I have 3 people who have read the Activity Check PM but not replied yet. Have sent them a reminder/nudge PM to encourage them to state whether they want to participate or not.

I've gone through the spreadsheet and added any names I found... please check your lineages... Thanks!

Deadline for check-in (revised) - January 16, 11:59p Cave Time

Anyone we don't hear from by then will be considered inactive - otherwise, the project could be back in limbo again. If you are in touch with anyone who hasn't checked in (see the Member List on the EPIC Spreadsheet) PLEASE contact them & ask if they are still interested.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

Still haven't heard from Black_Phantom, so i guess she's not interested/not active in the forums sad.gif

I finally heard from Zaestus.

He's resigning from both Team Magenta and Team Navy.

He bred eggs for us though, and sent them both to me. I've contacted Jane McAsh about where to send the Team Navy egg.

I'll be behind a firewall all day, so it'll be late this evening Cave Time before I can do anything with the egg.

Hi everybody! I was thrilled to hear from Jane that y'all were getting the project off the ground again. I'll do my best to check in on at least a semi-regular basis, but Jane should still be your main contact- she'll make sure I hear about all the important news.

-Fearless Leader user posted image

Hey Kel! Good to read you again biggrin.gif

I am only on Team Lime, so I can be a replacement on any other team if needed be.

Seeing that the check-in deadline has passed, are we going to make an updated list for users who wish to be replacements? It seems to be the next logical step, to me at least.

Deadline for check-in (revised) HAS PASSED

Replacement Team Members Needed!

Obviously, we will need quite a few replacements! After consulting with our Fearless Leader:

1. Active members on teams that already have 9th gens have the option of taking over a 2nd existing line at a lower gen

2. Active members on teams at lower gens have the option of taking over a 2nd existing line at a higher gen

3. No more than 2 lines/member.

4. We will consider active people from outside the project who would be willing to take over an existing line.

5. Priority will be to replace missing people on teams that are at lower gens.

Please understand, it won't all take place at once! #1 we need volunteers, #2 replacement prospects need to be contacted & accept, #3 it takes me time to figure out what needs to be bred & by who.

If you take a look at the Trading by Team page on the spreadsheet - Teams are in Group A or B, replacements will NOT be from the same group!

I'll be contacting those who have already volunteered (ainisarie, olympe, lolchen & Naughtrish) later today. Lastalda has replaced Zaestus on Team Navy.

Team status update - members reporting (or accounted for)

4/4 - Maroon, Green, Cornflower, Orchid, Rose, Red, Purple, Olive, Blue, VioletRed, Steel, Navy (Zaestus replaced)

3/4 - Goldenrod, Lime, Magenta, Chocolate, Turquoise, Leaf, Sky, Flame, Moss, Teal, Forest, Salmon, Denim, Orange, DarkViolet

2/4 - Pink, Indigo, Silver, SeaGreen

1/4 - Sienna

Missing - Dragons still have names

DragonLily (2 lines)

spyro76

a_god_s (2 lines)

Black Phantom

n1ghtm00n

goslander

gunnila

sadie2947

littleangelamy22

PonyTales

Missing - Dragons have lost names

Mustangs44

Drakrono

tsukishine

w4rg4sm (2 lines)

Lizzyluna

Seasons Love

Withdrawn/inactive - verified

raevela

aynessa

adoptpetz

Saartje

Last_Chance

Gesepp

Zaestus (2 lines)

P.S. I'm requesting a thread clean...

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I'm also volunteering to take on a second line. I'm only on Team Sky at the moment and I have my 9th gen bred already, so I have plenty of time to prod at dragons to try to get them to breed.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know what I can do to help out!

I'm willing to take on a second line. I'm on team pink with an already bred 9th gen, so I could help with one of the lower gen lines from group B. smile.gif

As a member of Team Lime I am more than happy to help another team out with a missing member, despite being at a lower generation

CANT BELIEVE Team LIME is on 8th Gen too

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Unfortunately, I'm already involved in two lines, otherwise I'd volunteer.

Don't forget that we have an IRC chat thread! I just use the link in the signature of the first post to get to it. I pop in an out fairly frequently just to see if anyone is there. Once in a great while, someone is there but not much. Don't be shy, folks! It's fun to brag about our lines!

I would...be willing to jump in. Seeing as I'm working on my own even 11th gen project, I'd be willing to introduce fresh stuff to the project. Since I'm on DC virtually every day, it shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of me.

Technically, I can start from the beginning if necessary. I'd be breeding 2 2nd Gens to create a 3rd gen if I read the front pages properly, correct?

Edited by warriorjames