Sylverkitti

Do *You* have a Thuwed? V2

Hi, I need help understanding something I just witnessed... So I noticed yesterday that 2G Thuwed eggs had been bred and would be hitting the AP during my waking hours. I watched the time on the egg I wanted all morning and when it matched the AP's time, I sat there refreshing for 30 minutes with the hopes of claiming it or a different 2G. It got down to 3d11h, and then the 3d11h eggs in the AP gradually disappeared... but it and a few other 2G Thuwed eggs I checked didn't appear to have owners (no listed owner or hatchery-typical increase in views). What's odd is that a lot of the current batch of 2G Thuweds do have owners (many have already hatched), but to my knowledge, I didn't see any of them go by. The hour cohort was all the same few breeds while I was watching, and I was specifically watching for any different breeds since they might be a Thuwed. I'd assume they were just grabbed before I saw them, but my computer is decently fast. I saw a couple of coppers and xenowyrms go by in the higher-time section of the AP, and I've grabbed prizes and metals from the AP before. It didn't look like many people were deliberately watching the Thuwed eggs either, since they were pretty much all at 1/1/1 until they were claimed... So what happened? It's possible that the egg was taken but the owner's scroll is hidden and they haven't added the egg to a hatchery, but why would I have not seen ANY Thuweds? Are people somehow obtaining them before they hit the AP? Is that even possible?

1 hour ago, cbussiere said:

Hi, I need help understanding something I just witnessed... So I noticed yesterday that 2G Thuwed eggs had been bred and would be hitting the AP during my waking hours. I watched the time on the egg I wanted all morning and when it matched the AP's time, I sat there refreshing for 30 minutes with the hopes of claiming it or a different 2G. It got down to 3d11h, and then the 3d11h eggs in the AP gradually disappeared... but it and a few other 2G Thuwed eggs I checked didn't appear to have owners (no listed owner or hatchery-typical increase in views). What's odd is that a lot of the current batch of 2G Thuweds do have owners (many have already hatched), but to my knowledge, I didn't see any of them go by. The hour cohort was all the same few breeds while I was watching, and I was specifically watching for any different breeds since they might be a Thuwed. I'd assume they were just grabbed before I saw them, but my computer is decently fast. I saw a couple of coppers and xenowyrms go by in the higher-time section of the AP, and I've grabbed prizes and metals from the AP before. It didn't look like many people were deliberately watching the Thuwed eggs either, since they were pretty much all at 1/1/1 until they were claimed... So what happened? It's possible that the egg was taken but the owner's scroll is hidden and they haven't added the egg to a hatchery, but why would I have not seen ANY Thuweds? Are people somehow obtaining them before they hit the AP? Is that even possible?

During the Thuwed drop there were almost 70 people in the AP. With the number of eggs and people, it is possible that they were all grabbed before you saw them as they did not all drop at once, but rather one or a few at a time. At least that I noticed. Eggs can drop before they hit their time, too. As they get to counting down they can start appearing with lower timed eggs if that makes sense. I hope this helps or someone can explain better.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, cbussiere said:

It didn't look like many people were deliberately watching the Thuwed eggs either, since they were pretty much all at 1/1/1 until they were claimed...

I have noticed the views seem to stay at 1/1/1 until they hit the AP. I don't think they change to reflect how many people have actually viewed them by looking at the verified thuwed page.

Here's an avatar egg from an experiment with the offspring of 'flake', for anyone that wants it. 

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

2 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

I have noticed the views seem to stay at 1/1/1 until they hit the AP. I don't think they change to reflect how many people have actually viewed them by looking at the verified thuwed page.

Here's an avatar egg from an experiment with the offspring of 'flake', for anyone that wants it. 

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Took flake baby.

Here's a z Thuwed Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Aw same, missed it again even though i refreshed like crazy for 3 hours :( I think i missed the nebula egg and Im so bummed because I was aiming exactly for that one first xD 

Edited by Nascentlicious

Ok, stupid question here : is TJ breeding Thuweds again? Did he annouce the breeding?

10 hours ago, Iside said:

Ok, stupid question here : is TJ breeding Thuweds again? Did he annouce the breeding?

IDK if he announces it anywhere but according to this he bred on the 14th, 3 days ago https://dragcave.net/lineage/S8By0

(I checked his page and looked to see if any had new children)