kissxthestarz

What was your first new release?

I'm pretty sure my first new release was the Arsani release, judging by my scroll. I vaguely remember being super upset when my first Arsani eggs died because I thought they would count against my limit. Thankfully the game doesn't work that way.

I first played way back in 2008 - that's when I got my Leetle Tree - and I'd hazard a foggy guess that my first release were the Yulebucks? Since that was what came out that Christmas.

After that I took a break from about March of 2009 until Septemberish 2011, so I saw the Shadow Walkers and the Winter Magi and the prize dragons. I think the first regular release was the Golden Wyverns and Royal Blues smile.gif

RAs for me. I knew a little about DC, and some of that was mistaken, from listening to members on another forum talk about it. I made an account, and grabbed 4 random eggs out of the caves. I remember one was a Magi, because I know someone had mentioned they're useful.

But then the veterans saw me joining in and told me that since there was a once-a-year holiday going on, I would be wiser to grab the special V-day eggs out of the AP since I wouldn't get another chance for those for a long time. So I did. .....Then they told me to take my newly-laid eggs out of my forum sig, because it was a place where traffic spiked unpredictably. Unsurprisingly, most of my first egg grabs died because I didn't realize they could get sick in this game. (One sunrise made it somehow through both my dumping of nonholiday eggs - I think the pinkish color threw me off - and the accidental overexposure, and became my first adult dragon.) And I was forewarned about having space to grab two cave eggs toward the end of the event, because I would never get 'originals' of that breed again.

All in all, a holiday release was a confusing period to start out. So much is unusual for the site. wink.gif

The first one I remember was the BBW/Terrae/Nebula release. I didn't have a forum account then, and I saw a nebula egg in the AP and nearly started crying because I was so excited for a space dragon!

I was close to making it for the Marrow release, but my first time experiencing a new release was the Ribbon Dancers, I'm think... In terms of non-holiday releases, maybe the Pillow, Swallowtail, and Black Stripe release then. Though I wasn't aware of the Black Stripes at all during that time. xd.png

My first release were opals and I caught my first CB Golds and a CB Silver while hunting for them after the initial rush c: I was a little late to the Fleshcrowne/Bleeding Moon release

As I joined DC in January 2013, my first release happened to be a Valentine's Day release, which was the Arsanis, and then my first general release was the Speckle-Throated Dragons in March 2013.

I too had the same experience as @Gryphonic - I discovered DC from another site, and people there had mentioned about the holiday event - since I was still a newbie by the time Valentine's Day rolled around, I unfortunately only caught one CB Arsani…I've always wished I had caught just one more lol xd.png

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Autumn Seasonals came out just a week after I joined DC. Summer Seasonals had already been released, but we were still in suspense about the other seasons. smile.gif After all this time, I still love and collect all the Seasonals, too.

The Guardian I think. Although might have been the Skywing, I don't remember if I created the cave account before the forum account, or at the same time. I was definitely active on the forum for the Summer Seasonal release a few weeks after that though - I thought they were pretty cool!I don't remember if we knew right away they would change with the season or not though.

First monthly release for me was two-head madness, but I don't collect two-heads, so first new release that I collected was Yellow Crowned Dragon and Red Finned Tidal. Edited by sh20000sh

I had just missed the Valentine release in 2009, so the first following release was the first one I ever attended. smile.gif Does anyone remember which one exactly?

I think it was the harvests and Ember dragons I was thrilled. I had just started to get a feel for the site and the hang of snatching eggs, when they came. I was so excited. The Ember dragons were some of the coolest I had seen yet.

Guardian dragons. I was just on the site long enough to realise that was an egg description I hadn't read before. Since I wasn't on the forums, it took me quite a while to find out about alt!blacks (and alt!vines) though. I do remember the whole "check your egg against this sprite to see if it's an alt" before it got shut down, but I never could tell anyway, my monitor wasn't good enough I guess.

Also because I wasn't active on the forums I missed Vampires, Yulebucks (I saw a couple of leetles but didn't catch one in their initial release), Valentines AND Pumpkins. I could theoretically own EVERY CB holdiday except Hollies, but I simply wasn't online during holidays. I mean why would I? It's the holidays. GRRRR - stupid thirty year old me.

I had just missed the Valentine release in 2009, so the first following release was the first one I ever attended. smile.gif Does anyone remember which one exactly?

Spring Seasonal.

And then the Egg Flood with Balloons, Daydreams, Dorsals...

Spring Seasonal.

And then the Egg Flood with Balloons, Daydreams, Dorsals...

YES, that was my first new release. smile.gif

For me, it was the Skywings. Back then, everyone wanted them, so they were really hard to catch. At least, that's how I remember it.

(of course the scroll i had back then was lost to the void when i forgot the username and stopped using that email. rip in peace old scroll.)

I THINK that mine was the Despis Dragon. But I didn't understand how important it was quite yet to grab new releases as you would never receive a CB of that dragon again.

The same happened with the 2014 Christmas Dragons...I still beat myself up over both of these things.