kissxthestarz

What was your first new release?

Guardians and alt blacks. By dumb luck (before there were lineage pages) I bred an alt black from two CB dragons.

I came here right after the Anagallis release. The first release I was here for was the birthday release, I think.

I was here for geodes and frills. I waited on catching a frill until a week later after the adults had grown and it was a long time before I could even trade for a geode. People were asking for a lot for them.

Then, I was here for Val '09s. I could not catch any and I wasn't on the forum to ask for help. So, I missed out on my first holiday release.

I'm really glad the singular cave is gone.

I was here for the Undine release!~ I still impulse-click on them, sometimes. ^v^"

Vampires at Halloween 2008. My first mad spastic holiday click fest

The Undines were my first release. If I remember correctly I missed the initial flood but managed to get mine after the fact.

I started DC about three days after the "Secret Friday" release in September 2011, so if you don't count my failed attempt at raising my first clutch of eggs- that would make it Golden-horned tangars and Spotted greenwings.

My first holiday release was Halloween 2011, with the haunted house event and the Shadow walker dragons.

Edited by Death-By-CatBurger

My first release was the Xenowyrms, though I actually didn't know about the release that day until I went to see if there was something new on the "Recent News" thing since there was no eggs in the biomes.

I managed to get a Chrono and Pyro, though it took me long enough

Edited by Joalexik

Lessee... I actually joined on the precise day they released the Two-finned Blunas, Canopies, Electric and Nocturne dragons (January 15, 2010), but I didn't know about it at the time. I didn't pick up my first Canopy until January 30 the same year.

The first new release I was actually aware of were the Sweetlings on Valentine's day 2010.

I can't remember the exact day I joined, but from when I picked up my first dragon (in Jan 05, 2012) i'd just missed the release of Winter Magis. The next release would be the Prize Dragons but since I was completely oblivious to the forums back then, I had no way of knowing they'd even been released (or existed.)

I hadn't joined the forums until over a month later, which means I completely bypassed the Royal Blue Dragons and Golden Wyverns release. Thankfully though, I didn't miss the Heartseekers release, which were my first CB holiday dragons. happy.gif (they remained my first until October 31, 2013, when I came back to find Grave Dragons being released.)

My first new release was the Frills and Geodes. I missed the Yulebucks by about 2 days.

My first new holiday release was the '09 Valentines. They're not my favorite holiday sprite but they'll always be special to me for that reason.

I... don't remember, at all. I vaguely remember the Vampire/Fall seasonal releases, but I wasn't on the forums at that point, so I didn't know about the fuss at the time.

Edited by elynne

My first was... Guardians, I believe, way back in '08. And then right after, Seasonals. My first holiday release was Vamps and I was upset because I could only grab one and it gendered female and I really wanted a male because they looked cooler. xd.png This was back before BSAs existed. All the kids these days don't know how hard it was back then. No influence, no incubate, you didn't know when an egg would hatch because you had to try and figure out the view ratio...

*shakes stick at all the young'uns, in Cave years* Get off my lawn!

I joined right during the guardian release, but I definitely was affected more by the summer seasonal release that came next. I couldn't grab a single one, and had to wait until summer came around again to get one! So I ended up getting all my other seasonals before getting those lol.

I joined on January 13th of 2014, so my first release was technically RAs. Unfortunately, I was still very noobish and didn't start actually playing until about march of the same year. The first Holiday release I was active for was Desipis, and the first regular release I was here for was the Howler and Glaucus Drake. I've done pretty well in my year+ of being here though. I've gotten my Gold Trophy, I have a pair of CB golds, two of CB Silvers. I'm still working on my dino collection, but my first real Valentines I got three of every past Val, all second gen. I'm very proud of them. :3

The first release I ever attended? Hmm...might've been the Pillow/Swallowtails. I forget if I ever attended a release on the account I forgot the details to. I remember when Skywings were new, but I don't think I was there for the actual release. xd.png

Seasonals, apparently! Though I remember Geodes and Frills better (and Yulebucks, technically; I knew they were released but didn't get any, events back then were stressful and I didn't think it'd be worthwhile). Been a while. smile.gif

That being said, the first release I was actually excited about was the release of the Ochredrakes. Those were super pretty and they're still some of my favourite sprites to date.

Similarly, the La Femme release, which I was also super excited about - that was when a lot of dragons got dimorphism! That was really fantastic. (What was less fantastic was that at the time there were very strict anti-spoiler rules on the forum, so La Femme could not be properly discussed, and a lot of work the community poured into documenting the changes was simply binned back then. Thankfully it's very different now!)

Edited by pinkgothic

I know for a fact that BBWs and Sunsongs weren't my very first release.........but that's as far back as my memory recalls, considering that I started playing DC in 2010, and that I was only 11 years old... xd.png

I also vaguely remember the Nebula release, what chaos that was.

But I remember being in the IRC trying to get some via FFAs, and taking part in the old-school trading via dropping things into the AP and trying to be there to catch 'em. laugh.gif

My first release was the Vampires... and the Vampire I caught was my 13th dragon ever. That seems appropriate somehow biggrin.gif