kissxthestarz

What was your first new release?

I joined the main cave right after the CB Hollies stopped dropping. >w> I caught one in the AP, but it died due to lack of views so I rage-quit and left for a few months. The first release I remember after I came back was the Skywings.~ (Although the ones I caught of those died too. None of my dragons survived hatchlinghood until 2009, when I discovered fansites. OTL)

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

My first release was the 5'th birthday of DC.

Didn't catch a Pygmie for 5 hours.

This one tongue.gif

I was completely oblivious at first (scroll lock), then I noticed that people were talking about and trading these 'new blue and orange egg' thingies. I freaked out, and had a huge spaz, trying to trade a bunch of my stuff for a blue and orange egg. Having succeeded, I then went to check the cave (as I always do when I'm scroll locked x) ). Which was full of the new eggs.

My first was the "New Releases" of August 09 with Horses, Neos, Waterhorse, Water Walker and Deep Sea.

First holiday release was the Halloween 09 Pumpkin Release tongue.gif I remember the struggle to get the vamps of last year, they were incredibly rare to snag in the AP. People trading metallics just to get their hands on one.

I think my first release was the Beat The Heat summer release. I'm not too new but I'm not that much of a veteran either tongue.gif

I was around for Halloween Vamps and Autumns, but I wasn't good enough at catching at the time - I was very new. The first release that I was around on the forums for was the Frills and Geodes. I didn't get any CB Valentine09's either - I just wasn't fast enough at the time.

I was around for Halloween Vamps and Autumns, but I wasn't good enough at catching at the time - I was very new. The first release that I was around on the forums for was the Frills and Geodes. I didn't get any CB Valentine09's either - I just wasn't fast enough at the time.

Same here. I was here for the geodes/frills and then later the valentines, but couldn't catch any valentines. I only had one frill for a very long time and geodes took me forever to breed any of them.

First New Release: 2008 Winters

First Holiday Release: 2008 Yulebucks

The first new release I was on the site for was the one actually called "New Releases", which gave us deep seas, water walkers, waterhorses, horse dragons and neotropicals. It took me a while to figure out that there were new eggs at all, and when I did I was like *shrug* "oh look, new dragons... meh". I mean, all dragons were new to me at the time. It's the only release that I've been on the cave for to date where I didn't go out and get CBs of the dragon within a day or two. Good think they weren't rares!

Yeah, I joined soon after the Skywing release which means that the Guardians were my first new release.

I remember how people thought that Skywings were so uncommon/rare back then because everybody was snatching them up...

Now I feel old.

Yea I hope this new release isn't going to end up being rare!!!!! Since it's my first, I want to get as many as I can which is difficult as I don't have my bronze trophy yet :/

I started september or october 2009.

my first holliday release was the pumpkins, literally hours to try and get one, at least 3 hours before the drop stopped (like 3 am for me) i got one, and got to bed exhausted.

my actual first release was the trio's but i only got a ice egg then like 4 days after the releasedate.

Next release (snow angels) dropped for 3 days so i could get my eggs easier and i joined the forums early january and learned alot.png about catching, now it's a peace of cake to get my eggies.

I love the hunt at releases, especially at holliday releases.

Lol... the Anniversary Pygmies release was my first considering I joined a couple months after the "Surprise!" release with swallowtails, pillows, and black stripes, and a month after the Nebula Alts release.

So this would be my second new release!

First holiday release: Halloween dragons

First release: Mod Mayhem ftw!

I started just days after the vampire release in November 2008. I was here for the Autmn seasonal release, but didn't know what was going on at the time so didn't catch many. My first where I knew what was happening was the Winter Seasonal and 2008 Christmas releases.

Then I left for ages in March 2009 and don't remember being here for any more new dragons until coming back just before the last one on DC 5th birthday.

I joined at the end of February 2010, so my first release should have been the "Guardians od Nature" one, but I didn't notice that at all.

My first real release was Mod mayhem at April 1st 2010: Bright-Breasted Wyverns, Hellfire Wyverns, Sunsongs and regular Nebulas

Of it, I regret not having caught any cb nebula, so I still have no cb regular ones of them.

My first holiday release was halloween 2010, the Black Marrows, and was very proud of me for having caught 2 after hours of attempts

I was around when...oh, guardians were released smile.gif Honestly, I didn't react. I was new enough that I didn't realize there was a release happening. At that time I remember eggs being very scarce and I was overjoyed to catch an inbred mint in the AP. So I just figured I hadn't seen those before and it was my lucky day lol And since I wasn't on the forums for a very long time after I joined, I missed some of my first holiday releases xd.png So the first holiday I ever caught was the yulebuck. I also didn't realize that was a special holiday thing until I joined the forum sometime later that year. I missed the first valentine's release and the vamp release, as well as leetle trees originally because i didn't know holiday releases were a thing lol

Hmm, I don't think I was around for Mayhem, though I seem to remember people complaining about how hard it was to get them even though they were relatively new. I must have joined right after that release. So my first release was the Terraes, Glories, and Shallow Waters. I was around for the Guardian release way back when, but those days (and that scroll) are long gone now. Releases sure have changed since then.

I'm more interested in people's favorite release. My favorite release since I've been here was the one that revealed the Harvests. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over the Embers while I was going spastic over those gorgeous yellow beasts. Even if they hadn't been so wonderful, the release of a common yellow dragon in the cave was simply epic awesomeness.

Edited by Goslander

It was the Valentine release '09. See my forum-joining date. The first regular release was the Frills.

Valentine was awful. The were very few eggs, only dropping among the normal eggs and were impossible to catch. People were freaking out, constantly at each other's throats. One party was out to hunt down anybody who managed to catch an egg and had the nerve to keep it for themselves, the other party was out reminding everyone in no uncertain terms about the spirit of Valentine. Both were going after TJ. TJ then changed the drops to Valentine only and people calmed down. I found it extremely funny at the time, the whole event was like a car crash in slowmotion. I just gave up on the eggs, too.

The Frill release was nice and calm in comparison. Geodes were the first breed-only breed that was not an alt (we all called them alts anyway xd.png), it was very exciting for newbie me.

Apparently I joined right in the middleor just after of the neo/deepsea/waterwalker/horse release but I didn't realise it at the time so it doesn't count. My first release was the pumpkin one which was awesome and crazy! The first regular release was trios and I caught a lot of those, also for others. It was a lot of fun! biggrin.gif

The Autumn dragons in November '08. I remember the Yulebucks being released soon after as well ;)

Edited by EeveeSkitty

For me it was the Guardians back in August 2008. I had just joined so I didn't realise what all the fuss was about until I read about the release here on the forums. Of course even then it didn't make any difference to me, as all dragons are new to someone who just started playing. ^^; The first new release when I actually had a clue what was going on was that of the Summer Seasonals in September.

Edited for repetitively repeating myself. *shot*

Edited by MissK.

My first regular release was the trios, and the first holiday release was the pumpkins :3

I joined waaaaay back in 2007, at the end of September(or was it the beginning of October?). My first new release was the Vampires. My first non-holiday release was the Autumn Seasonals in late November.

Uhhm the Skywings were out (I'm not really sure when the Guardians came out date-wise but I have some of those early ones too) so the next Release, and the very first Seasonal, was the Summer dragon! Quite the excitement for the newb-type!

ETA: Making the first Holiday Release the Vampires, which became very...uhm, opinionated, so that was kinda not nice. But I DID get my two Vamps and they gendered well.

Edited by oddsoxdi