kissxthestarz

What was your first new release?

My story is quite messy: I joined DC on May 2009 or so (I grabbed my CB Frilled on that date), created an account on this forum later but I wasnt active on this forum so I really didnt noticed new relases xd.png

So, my first official relase is this one :/

Edited by Pisps

It was a long time ago, but I -think- it was the frill and skywing geode (silly me!) release. I wasn't very involved with the forums back then, if at all, so I only glanced at the news and went 'meh'. Now that I've been here for a few (a lot!) more releases, I'm much more excited about them and make sure to get enough of the new releases asap to complete my collection.

Edited by Kangaroowings

I'm really enjoying reading all of your replies! It's fun seeing when people joined, and it's interesting b/c everyone's experience was a unique one smile.gif

Mrrrr... I feel old.

July 2008: Skywing Dragons

This was my first release too. smile.gif

I don't really remember my first release but I believe I arrived not long after the first winter seasonals were released. My first holiday release would be the Yulebucks. I'm not sure about my first normal release.

Urrr.... I feel like a newb, my first release was mod mayhem lol. ^^;

My first new release was the Guardians. There were much fewer breeds around back then, so it was an absolutely massive thing.

My first release was the one that had Albino, Orchedrake, Original Pygmy, Purple Dino, and.... Cheese, I think. in them.. /goes to look up name.

Oh yeah, the 'Moar Eggs' Release, way back in Jun/July 2009.

Then for Holiday Release, it was Pumpkins on Halloween. I also created a Zombie that day as well, although that's technically not a release.

Anyways, when the Moar Eggs came, I was fairly excited. The only thing was, was that i was impossible to get one of each egg at once, since their were different egg/hatchie limits back then. I remember it took me quite some time to get ahold of the new dino, but I managed to nab a cheese pretty fast.

Edited by tinakhal

I joined September of '08.... And I believe my first new release was the Autumn and/or Winter Seasonals. There were only Summer ones at that point, if I'm not mistaken.

The Yulebucks came shortly after. smile.gif

(I think) My first new release was the yulebucks. I was, well, younger at that time, and I was so frantic and desperate for an egg "covered in bright, festive stripes" that I was practically tearing my hair out every time an egg was taken by someone else. I'm glad I'm not like that anymore xd.png

I guess it was the Valentine'10; the Sweetlings.

I'd been obssessing quite a lot about this (my first) adoptables site, so I had already read the wikia and knew there was a Valentine's special release coming up. I got only one Sweetling for some reason I can't remember. Maybe I didn't think I'd stay so long and thus thought that one CB was good enough.

The first regular release was the first wyvern release, I think; the nebulas, Bright-Breasted wyverns, Sunsong amphiteres, and Hellfire wyverns.

I first joined ages and ages ago, but then left, so the first release I remember being online for was actually the Ember and Harvest release.

The first time summers were released. They were there a short time before the season changed and the fiasco that was the first autumn release.

I don't remember. D: It's been a long time. But I know I've got holiday dragons going back to '08... ^-^;

First Holiday release- Valentine '09. Had to get a catcher to help me out. xd.png

First general release- Frills and Geodes. I was like, "Gonna wait until the excitement dies down..."

Next day, I was attacking the cave trying to get a CB Frill. xd.png

Looking at the earliest dragons I remember on my scroll... my first release must have been the Yulebucks. (o_O) It looks like I joined early December that year.

Looking at the earliest dragons I remember on my scroll... my first release must have been the Yulebucks. (o_O) It looks like I joined early December that year.

I joined RIGHT after the skywing release, apparently.

Why do I remember this? Because DC was down for at least a week the first time I came across it.

Of course, this caused me to make a scroll grab a few eggs and then run for it because it was always down or lagging.

I think I came back right immediately after the yulebuck release.

*pokes*

The first release I was active during and aware of was the frill/Geode.

I joined around the skywing release (don't remember if it was before or after)

I got two of them that month but xd.png I am pretty sure I didn't know they just came out

I joined just before the Valentines' '09 release, & was woefully unable to catch a single one... the Geodes & Frills were my first regular release.

I joined just before the '08 Vampires. I don't remember there being any drama though blink.gif I must not have really been paying attention to what was going on in the forums.

How do you get new releases? Do yo have to go somewhere special, or just hope you get one when you pick an egg in a desert, forest, etc...?

How do you get new releases? Do yo have to go somewhere special, or just hope you get one when you pick an egg in a desert, forest, etc...?

For forum users if there is a new topic in the "News" section that normally means something is/was changed in dragon cave aka new releases. If you go there and check it out you can see if it's new eggs or a cave update. If it is new eggs look for a clue on where it is - or see what people are saying. (For the biomes) Normally when new releases come out they are the only eggs there

I think it was the Beat the Heat Summer Release. I'm pretty sure.

My first reaction was to spazz about for a few seconds before missing every single egg I tried to click. :D

The first new release I was here for was the Vampires on Halloween '08 - and it was utterly insane. If you think it's hard to snag new eggs now it was next to impossible then! And all the drama and rumors about the eggs (it didn't help that at the time TJ's new release posts were coded in Saurian) was hilarious now that I look back at it. laugh.gif