kissxthestarz

What was your first new release?

What was it? How did you react? What happened?

The new release of the blue/orange glow eggs was my first, and it took me wayyy too long to realize what was going on. It was an experience! So I thought it would be fun to hear other peoples stories about their first new release so I don't feel as dumb lol.

I was in the cave AND on the forums at the time of the first drop. (Just didn't realize it yet!) I was hunting for eggs and thought there was something wrong with my computer/site because there were no eggs in any of the biomes. So I picked up 4 CB eggs from the AP. I was wondering why there were so many different, good, uncommon (for me), CB eggs in the AP...

Then 3 eggs appeared in just the desert and I STILL didn't pick up on it. I read the description and tried to find it on wiki. Looked up and down the list seriously 5 or 6 times, before it hit me that it might be a new release. DUH. Wasted all that time mad.gif Then I saw the post on the forum and quickly abandoned one of the eggs I had just gotten for a slot. Since this was my first new release, I was super slow lol I would click on one and wouldn't get it, but it wouldn't disappear either so I thought there was a glitch or something instead of realizing they were quickly dropping and people were quickly grabbing them.

I finally managed to get my hands on the orange one and was jumping for joy... but then I saw in the forum post that there was a blue one too, so I abandoned one of my other eggs. Unfortunately, by that time the drop had ended and I was too tired to wait for the next and do it all over again.

Mind you, this was all at 2am so that plus the fact this was my first ever new release... not a good combination lol

Edited by kissxthestarz

The first autumns and original vamps back in ~Oct 2008.

First Holiday Release - Vampires, Oct 08

First General Release - Autumn Seasonals, Nov 28 2008

The Vampire release was a mess. Someone figured out how to cheat the system and figured out what the new dragon was before TJ's grew up. Their scroll was burned and many people paniced, because they weren't sure what was going on. I didn't know exactly what was going on and only kept 1 new egg, because there was a rumor going around, that if you had more than one new egg, your scroll would be burned.

Autumn release had a glitch at first. TJ stopped the release, took away all the eggs and attempted to fix the problem. Tried again, still glitched, stopped again, eggs went bye bye, and he tried another fix. Second fix worked, and the release proceded as normal.

When I joined DC it was back in Feb of 09. At the time the 09 Valentine dragons where out. I didn't join the forums until March so I missed out on my chance of getting a CB 09 V-day dragon. I still really regret that too.

WB

The original vamps were my first, too.

And don't feel bad about taking awhile to figure out the new release. I was on last night when they were released and did not realize anything was odd until someone posted in Help about an egg they caught that they could not find on the Wiki! laugh.gif I was locked so had not looked in the biomes.

I joined in September '09. The first release I remember is the trio release. :3

The first autumn seasonals were my first new release (like many others here, apparently). Back then most eggs were plain solid colors, so the dappled autumn eggs blew my mind.

You just alerted me to the fact that there is a new release. xd.png And for the first time ever I'm actually NOT completely locked!

My first new release were the Night/Day Glory Drakes, Terrae and Shallow Waters. I noticed that something was weird because the AP was flooded with Magi and Water eggs from failed attempts to breed Shallow Waters.

My first new release was the invasion of electrinocturnecanopies aka the Midwinter Madness. For more than a month there were nothing in cave but limestones/sparks/leaves. Because of that, my oldest dragons are all AP catches.

Mine was February 9, 2009 the Geode Dragon and Frilled Dragon. It took me forever to breed a geode. I had only started a little while before this release and had one rock and no greens.

First Holiday Release - Vampires, Oct 08

First General Release - Autumn Seasonals, Nov 28 2008

The Vampire release was a mess. Someone figured out how to cheat the system and figured out what the new dragon was before TJ's grew up. Their scroll was burned and many people paniced, because they weren't sure what was going on. I didn't know exactly what was going on and only kept 1 new egg, because there was a rumor going around, that if you had more than one new egg, your scroll would be burned.

Autumn release had a glitch at first. TJ stopped the release, took away all the eggs and attempted to fix the problem. Tried again, still glitched, stopped again, eggs went bye bye, and he tried another fix. Second fix worked, and the release proceded as normal.

ohhhh my gosh that must've been crazy chaotic! It's a shame how 1 person can ruin something for everyone mad.gif

And don't feel bad about taking awhile to figure out the new release. I was on last night when they were released and did not realize anything was odd until someone posted in Help about an egg they caught that they could not find on the Wiki!  laugh.gif I was locked so had not looked in the biomes.

I'm trying to not beat myself up about it, but I just have his crummy feeling I can't shake dry.gif On the bright side however, I know what to expect for the next one!

You just alerted me to the fact that there is a new release.  xd.png And for the first time ever I'm actually NOT completely locked!

ahhh really? I feel special now biggrin.gif

Hmmm... First regular release was the MOAR EGGS with cheese, ochredrake, albino and horse.

First holiday release- Halloween of 2010. Harvest release.

Skywing release. ~July, 2008.~

I believe mine was the New Releases release; Horses, Waterwalkers, Deepseas, and Neos.

I wasn't very active on this forum, so I relied on a friend from another forum to give me info on DC things. I was pretty calm about it since my obsession hadn't quite kicked in yet. |D

Technically my first release would have been...Yulebucks and Guardians, but I don't remember those, so Frilled/Geodes?

I remember there was quite a stir about how to get Geodes.

It was amusing (because I really didn't care about new releases at the time. Still don't, in fact).

My first release was back in February 2009 ~ the Geode and Frilled release smile.gif

I miss the frillies..

Mine would have been the autumns, in Nov. '08 (like a lot of people >.< ) I had barely missed the vampires and I was very...very sad xd.png I remember the autumn eggs were so detailed compared to the other eggs...and I thought they were so pretty! biggrin.gif Since I was a newbie, it was really hard for me to get one but somehow I managed to get six of them in the ap ^.^

I'm still relatively new here. I joined last December so my first Holiday Release was the '10 Christmas Ribbon Dancer.

I had to specifically remember to leave my scroll unlocked so I could pick up the new eggs!

My first New Release was back in March with the Pillows, Swallowtails, and Black Stripes.

Edited by Onyx-Dragoness

I think mine was the vampire release too. Talk about a horrible time to lurk the forums; so much panic and anger about scrolls being burned and stuff, no wonder I didn't stick around for long =p I didn't get a vampire and don't remember much about the actual release, just the response on the forums.

When I rejoined, it was the Ember/Harvest release I believe. Even though it was close to Halloween, everyone was pretty chill and happy with those dragons.

My first release was the female Two-Headed Dragons. I was excited because at the time Two-Headed dragons were my favorite breed, and were extremely uncommon. With the new release, the cave was trying to balance out the numbers again, so I managed to complete my collection of Two-Headed Dragons much easier than I had started it.

My first holiday release was also the Vampire Dragons. I remember I managed to snag two eggs, and was extremely happy. (This was before "Influence" and somehow they managed to gender as one of each). I was a little nervous, though, so I kept checking my scroll constantly. I'll confess I hadn't heard the rumor that taking more than one would burn your scroll, but there was a rumor that once the hatchlings gendered they would kill all the other eggs on your scroll, unless they (the vampires) were kept fogged. Many people had actually abandoned their eggs for this reason.

I decided I'd rather have the vampires than the other eggs on my scroll, anyway, so I took the risk. xd.png

Mrrrr... I feel old.

July 2008: Skywing Dragons

The Flamingos/Ridgewings were my first. I remember thinking that they'd never feel like actual DC dragons, like they were just... different. Also, the s1 Flamingos looked ugly (-, spriters! It usually takes a while for me to get used to things. I like them more now xd.png ). Then I grew to love them. Except I later got annoyed with Flamingos hiding the Pinks, lol. That's all better now, thanks to biomes. Now they're cool again. cool.gif

And the only Ridgewing I got in the original drop was Tan. Man, am I glad for that. To this day, however, I have no male Ridgewing. By sheer dumb luck. And lack of male influence back when I got them.

First Holiday release was the Marrows/pumpkins. I was gifted a Pumpkin (technically 2, bless their soul for their patience with me. I missed the first because of mis-typing a catch-code...), and had to get a catcher for the Marrows. Again, super-nice person caught me two, even though I had no male pinks to make sure I got one of each gender. Luckily, they gendered opposite. laugh.gif I then vowed, however, never to take the risk of enlisting a catcher again since I officially had an irreplaceable scroll with CB Holidays. But I really, really didn't want to miss my first ever CB Holidays, and tried for a few hours before asking.

... But officially since getting my Leetle Tree (and Ribbon Dancers) I consider myself a worthy catcher. I can get my own now. First holidays and new releases are true experiences that put you to the DC test.

My first new release was the Vampire, way back in Oct. 2008. Oh, the DRAMA! Though the release itself wasn't really the biggest source of drama then. There wuz Other Stuffz going on too.

My second new release was really the biggest drama-fest. I don't know if others from then remember all the accusations of cheating and everything happening when the Autumn Seasonals were released, but there was such a storm of drama.

We a lot moar chill nao, yo yo.