Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

Recommended Posts

Sometimes some characters in codes can look the same. The use of a monospaced font like the one below would reduce confusion when looking at a code, as currently stuff like I, l and 1 are sometimes quite confusingly similar.

 

Monospaced font example.

1 l I

Share this post


Link to post

YOU can always choose what fonts your browser defaults to.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

YOU can always choose what fonts your browser defaults to.

Some styles use the browser default monospace font for the code boxes, but at least Default does not.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

YOU can always choose what fonts your browser defaults to.

It will probably then default to monospace for everything. Unless I use some styling extension, but TJ09 in his infinite wisdom doesn't put helpful CSS classes on stuff like codes and the ones which do exist are very obfuscated.

Share this post


Link to post

In my browser options I can choose all sorts of stuff, fontwise:

233544735_Image1.png.d5bd0264b29ed1855118660b113fce99.png

 

Will that not cover it ?

Share this post


Link to post

That would change everything and not just codes.

Everything on every website. All text.

Edited by osmarks

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, osmarks said:

 

Monospaced font example.

1 l I

 

I know very little about 'monospaced' anything, but I have to say the quoted text above doesn't look much different to me or much easier to see the differences then what DC currently has. The first two in particular, they both have lines across the bottom of the vertical line, and they both have little nub-lines pointing to the left on the top of the vertical line. This is just to say, I'm not sure a change to 'monospaced' would actually be much better...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

I know very little about 'monospaced' anything, but I have to say the quoted text above doesn't look much different to me or much easier to see the differences then what DC currently has. The first two in particular, they both have lines across the bottom of the vertical line, and they both have little nub-lines pointing to the left on the top of the vertical line. This is just to say, I'm not sure a change to 'monospaced' would actually be much better...

You may be right. It does at least make I and l more distinct, and other monospaced fonts do exist - this is just the one the forum supports.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

In my browser options I can choose all sorts of stuff, fontwise:

233544735_Image1.png.d5bd0264b29ed1855118660b113fce99.png

 

Will that not cover it ?

Almost, almost... It does not change the font of the link preview we use to read the codes before picking them from the cave. Again it's a browser/system thing and not something TJ can do anything about... I have tried some extensions but they didn't do anything, either. 

 

I kind of... see the difference but I have to squint - the lowercase L is slightly taller than the uppercase I and than other uppercase letters. Most of the hunts are blind shots though, one does not have time to squint before the egg is gone. And one cannot use the lineage trick anymore to check. 💔

Share this post


Link to post

Was recommended I take this relatively small problem here: there's a slight error with chicken eggs sprites. The outline of the hatching sequence is subtly darker than the whole and dead sprites.
latest?cb=20100328010108Chicken crack 1Chicken crack 5Chicken dead egg
(I apologize if these are displaying incorrectly for anyone else, my computer isn't cooperating and I can't for the life of my figure out what's happening)
Anyways, this obviously is a low priority issue, but the inconsistency is bugging me.

Share this post


Link to post

All old egg sprites used to have darker outlines. I'm going to guess there slipped through the cracks when the rest were updated.

Share this post


Link to post

The cracking sequence is an overlay, so it would affect all eggs which use the same sequence (in this case, all pygmy eggs).

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.