Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I think the BSA help page could also use a small update. wink.gif

Missing BSA's:

• Bite
  • Expunge
  • Splash
  • Summon
And what happend to the graveyard? There are no cracked egg shells or tombstones anymore. I tried to access it at different times...but nothing. It's been like that for the last few releases. (I used go there to collect the cracked egg shell images of the newly released dragons)

Graveyard works for me (are you logged in? I don't think it works unless you are logged in)

Graveyard works for me (are you logged in? I don't think it works unless you are logged in)

I haven't seen the graveyard in several months, always checking while logged in, because I'm always logged in. rolleyes.gif But it does seem to have returned now. smile.gif

I can't see the graveyard right now. I don't check it often to know if it's been visible in the past to me.

Yep, I'm logged in. smile.gif The text I keep seeing is the following one:

"You traverse the forest in search of the rumored dragon graveyard, but despite your best efforts, you are unable to find anything."

I know there's a certain time span where no broken egg shells or tombstones get displayed, but that's not it...I just don see them any more. (cache and cookies were cleared, I even gave my notebook evil glares...didn't work)

http://dragcave.net/graveyard anyone can go there, but it doesn't always show. right now it says I find nothing.

While I did see it yesterday, I am not seeing it now. I have no clues to its random nature.

I checked one more time before adding the post, and it's there again. It really is random. blink.gif

oh, hey, you're right! It is currently visible again. after 6pm cave time so officially evening/night have anything to do with it maybe?

oh, hey, you're right! It is currently visible again.  after 6pm cave time so officially evening/night have anything to do with it maybe?

I think it was about 6:30 Cavetime, when I first looked, so I'm not certain that's the key. I'll keep checking for a while now. It's got my curiosity going now!

ETA: I just looked back at the times when rubyshoes and I both saw it before, and that was about 11:30AM Cavetime, so I think the night/day theory is shot. rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

I think the BSA help page could also use a small update. wink.gif

Missing BSA's:

• Bite
  • Expunge
  • Splash
  • Summon

Splash was never added because it's a joke BSA and Summon wasn't added since it's "secret". I think bite was never added since it's basically the breed action for vamps (this is my own conjecture, though!). I don't know expunge was never added (and why it still doesn't show up with the filter BSA).

However, I do support adding them to the help page. Perhaps summon just won't show up until a user has one of each trio? I'd be fine with that. But yeah, we do periodically get questions about splash and such in Help. o3o

Splash was never added because it's a joke BSA and Summon wasn't added since it's "secret". I think bite was never added since it's basically the breed action for vamps (this is my own conjecture, though!). I don't know expunge was never added (and why it still doesn't show up with the filter BSA).

However, I do support adding them to the help page. Perhaps summon just won't show up until a user has one of each trio? I'd be fine with that. But yeah, we do periodically get questions about splash and such in Help. o3o

I think that Bite should be added, as well as have it explained that it's basically how they breed: "Although Bite is classified as a BSA, it is really just a 'breeding' mechanic for Vampire Dragons." or something. Just for clarification. :U

I support summon only showing up once a user has a trio, though, or possibly has attempted to use the action once?

DC is far to big and wikia far to strong for aything to remain "a secret". Thus, i'd support just simply adding them all.

DC is far to big and wikia far to strong for aything to remain "a secret". Thus, i'd support just simply adding them all.

Agreed. There's not much to hide with a well-maintained off-site wiki, so just add them all in to make the help section actually helpful, instead of requiring the newbie to check wikia for the full version, because in that case the help section may as well be deleted for being useless.

Edited by CNR4806

because in that case the help section may as well be deleted for being useless.

or just linking to the wiki :P

Another option is to not include those BSAs, and instead include the text "as well as some hidden BSAs for you to discover!" or "there are BSAs not listed here - try to find them" or something. I think the best option is including all the BSAs in the help section, but I'd like something like this better than just leaving some out altogether while making it incredibly easy to assume that the BSAs listed are all of the BSAs.

Agreed. There's not much to hide with a well-maintained off-site wiki, so just add them all in to make the help section actually helpful, instead of requiring the newbie to check wikia for the full version, because in that case the help section may as well be deleted for being useless.

The wiki is not official and is NOT 100% accurate - and even, on occasion, when one user deletes inaccurate info, someone comes in AND PUTS IT BACK. mad.gif

So we need the info here.

An egg at 3d0h shows up in the incubation list as "not enough time" even if it has already been incubated (and I did a hard refresh thinking it might change to "already incubated but it stayed).

I just want to pop in and say I really like the little feature on my scroll that tells me when there is sickness or softshell. I remember how I used to obsessively check my eggs and hatchlings for it. Now, I just check the top of my scroll at every refresh and hope nothing appears there.

That little feature saves a lot of worry!

This suggestion is to have one page to show all of our growing things and the status for each.

The specific implementation I'm thinking of is:

*Eggs first, then hatchlings. Have everything there regardless of named or not, or hidden or not, or in teleports or not. Have the images be clickable, linked to the view page of the egg/hatchling

With columns for:

* How much time it has left till hatching / growing up

* Lineage

* Incubated or not (it could say "yes" or "incubated")

* Influenced or not (and if so, it would say incubated to be male or female)

(If possible, if something hasn't been incubated or influenced and it's still an egg, there could be a link to incubate or influence with a random (or the next one by the scroll sort settings) dragon, otherwise (and for hatchlings), the entry could be blank if it hasn't been incubated or hatchling

And potential additional columns for:

* Name (blank if not applicable)

* Hidden or not (this is if the sprite doesn't show as fogged. I'd prefer it didn't, but I could see how it would take some getting used to that there was a part of the site that showed the images for fogged things. Alternatively, the images could show as fogged and there could be a column for breed. Basically I would just want a specific growing thing to be identifiable as quickly as possible.)

* In teleport or not, with a link to the specific teleport if applicable. (blank if not applicable)

This would avoid:

* repeated opening of lots of tabs

* having to look at bsa pages for time left or influence/incubate status, which involves unhiding any hidden things and requires unused BSAs

* having to use fansites (some fansites will show time left, but sometimes it doesn't work for hidden things, and sometimes the fansite's time isn't accurate, and sometimes isn't reported in XdYh, but total hours)

Edited by diaveborn

I don't mind the "new " actions page layout, but" Abandon" should be first not "Kill" and

since the majority of us read left to right---there are going to be people who kill the limit and be scroll locked without realizing it.

Aren't we supposed to abandon before we resort to killing?

And could the general links be back at the bottom of the page, please ?

Personally, I'd prefer non-harmful actions on the left and harmful ones on the right.

Like this for eggs or hatchlings:

Hide..................................Describe

Name................................Abandon

Freeze..............................Kill

And for adults:

Breed................................Describe

Name................................Release

BSA...................................Kill

Of course, the problem is that not every dragon has a BSA - but I think we'll survive having only 2 actions on the left side for most dragons. Right?

Edited by olympe

i strongly dislike the new layout in two columns, but if it needs to be, then i'd prefer olympe's ordering.

Interesting suggestion, Olympe. For hatchlings, I'd switch "Freeze" and "Describe", though. Maybe for non-BSA dragons, "Describe" could be in the left column instead of BSA.