Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

I agree that this has a lot of potential of breaking the game, if for a different reason that Marie19R expects it to be. At this moment the biomes are often blocked by 'unwanted breeds'. Fortunately, they do get picked up eventually by someone who needs a CB for a lineage.

If all AP eggs are lineage-less, that would mean there would be absolutely no more reason to take 'unwanted' breeds from the biomes. It would be easier to go to the AP for that, as the choice there is bigger. Which would mean the unwanted breeds in the biomes would be sitting there forever...

I know there was a thread about it somewhere, but I don't know where it is now...

Can we please, PLEASE get some indication of the freezing limit countdown? For all the other actions, it says "X was done recently and cannot be done again for another X days." But for freezing all we have is the message saying "you've frozen 16 in the last two weeks." It really makes things difficult, and it's constantly driving me crazy when I'm trying to trade for hatchlings to complete my collections - especially when I need to freeze one as a S1, finally get a chance to get my hands on one (like my current inbred Gold egg - took me forever to trade for it!), am out of freezes... and don't know if it'll be another day or another week before one comes back. :/

I know that it's possible to keep track of every time you freeze something, but it would really be much, much more logical to have a countdown on the action itself, like we do for pretty much everything else. Please?

I'm no programmer, but considering that the site obviously tracks the information already, and there are already mechanisms in place for such countdowns for other actions, it doesn't seem like it could be too difficult to implement.

Edited by Imbecamiel

Just wanted to say that I'm starting to really L-O-V-E biomes. I finally manage to catch stuff. (Okay, so I didn't get any metallics or trios yet, but I finally find stuff like CB vines, CB blacks, more ridgewings, nebulas and glory drakes, which were really hard to catch before biomes.)

I agree that this has a lot of potential of breaking the game, if for a different reason that Marie19R expects it to be. At this moment the biomes are often blocked by 'unwanted breeds'. Fortunately, they do get picked up eventually by someone who needs a CB for a lineage.

If all AP eggs are lineage-less, that would mean there would be absolutely no more reason to take 'unwanted' breeds from the biomes. It would be easier to go to the AP for that, as the choice there is bigger. Which would mean the unwanted breeds in the biomes would be sitting there forever...

What if we had, say, 2 slots to make eggs lineageless? Per year?

Completely agree with Imbecamiel.

Why is the freezing thing different?

"Breed This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 2 days."

"Incubate This dragon cannot warm another egg for 4 more days."

etc etc. Why doesn't freezing have an actual cooldown counter? It would make things so much easier!

Completely agree with Imbecamiel.

Why is the freezing thing different?

"Breed This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 2 days."

"Incubate This dragon cannot warm another egg for 4 more days."

etc etc. Why doesn't freezing have an actual cooldown counter? It would make things so much easier!

I suppose that would be because the others are tied to an individual dragon ?

ANYWAY - I know there was a thread specific to this - but still - there have been half a dozen more "OMG MY NAMES ARE GONE" threads in the last 24 hours.

PLEASE could scrolls where this happens get a note on that scroll to say "your names have gone" with a link to the TOS telling you this will happen ? It is such a waste of mods' time having to close everlasting threads about this. I know TJ said he would soon start to email people to warn them - but LOADS of people change emails and forget and so on - never mind that one major provider was recently blocking ALL dragcave email.....

Definitely support. It can be a shock to log on and see all those well-thought-out names gone, and after a long time away many people aren't going to remember the TOS and such, anyways. A little note on the scroll about it would help a lot.

Conversely, what do people think about me making the site store the lost linage information so that the lineage can continue past the tombstones, preventing people from "doctoring" lineages. To me, it seems disingenuous to try to misrepresent dragons, so...

does doctoring lineages to misrepresent dragons mean you are changing lassard back to being a CB alt as he should be?

does doctoring lineages to misrepresent dragons mean you are changing lassard back to being a CB alt as he should be?

Fixing a glitch is not the same as doctoring a lineage.

But on the same token, AP eggs losing their lineages makes sense for the same reason, because if you are abandoning an egg, how on earth would the person who picks it up know what the egg's lineage is unless you attached a note to the egg with a record of its lineage?  And if you are abandoning it, why the hell would you bother to do so?  Lord knows if this were real life and if I was abandoning an egg I did not want and did not care about, I certainly wouldn't bother to attach a note with its pedigree. 

I'm inclined to think we need two different types of abandonment--one that involves attaching a note with the pedigree and one which doesn't.

On the one hand, I agree with you. When I abandon an egg I know I'm giving up all rights or interest in what happens to it (unless by some miracle it comes back to me), but for the most part. The eggs I get from a breeding not going the way I want aren't eggs I really want to abandon. They also aren't eggs I want to keep either. I have a few crap-lineaged tinsels, and I'll say that twice so no one's mistaken . Their lineages are uneven, jagged, inbred, unmitigated crap.

This tinsel is useless for trading or even reasonable gifting, but it's perfect for making deadline offspring. However, what am I supposed to do when it throws the other partner's eggs?

That'd be the kind of egg I wouldn't tape a lineage to when I toss it. And I don't think I'm the only person who has to breed regretfully like that. I don't want to throw junk eggs into the AP, but there's nowhere else to put them. I'd kill them, but kills count and I'm saving those, vampires are now hideously unreliable for making even a useless egg borderline nice again.

Why can't I just toss crap eggs like that into the Wilderness directly (If we need a dragon to do it, let me know and I'll get right on the concept)? It'd be the same as abandoning to me, but without clogging up the AP and making other players clean up my mess?

Plenty of nice things get tossed into the AP, I toss a lot of them there myself. CB and 2gen BSAs, nicely-lineaged tinsels, deadline tinsel offspring, uncommons (CB or otherwise). But I don't want to toss my garbage there; give me a limit to how many eggs I can dump a week if you want, let it take an egg slot for 5 hours if you'd like. But I don't like other people having to be responsible because my dragons are being jerks.

Posted about this elsewhere, but figured it had more purpose here and didn't want this thread deleted due to inactivity.

It'd be nice if there was some method of others writing 'notes' on your dragon's description, just like it is before being accepted. I'm pushing for this even more now, since this would allow mods to write changes they may have made to your description, or what words they added and why. Not only would this bring the changes to the user's attention, but could allow for some discussion and explanation on their part for why such-and-such was written that way, etc.

Slightly violating to see your description changed without your notice, but the Description mods don't really have a way of contacting the user or stating reasons why (other than rejecting, which is a bit unnecessary for otherwise fine descriptions). I don't even think the mods know who the owner of each dragon is, short of clicking and seeing if there's a scroll shown on the dragon's page. I imagine the lack of viable communication between user, mods, and fellow reviewers is frustrating for each party, so I'd like to see those walls torn down so to speak =o

What Nine posted. YES PLEASE. I've gotten to the point where I'm writing, "Please do not edit this, just reject it."

I know why there are egg limits in place, and I am fine with the overall one, but why not remove the egg one and just keep the overall one? It would help a lot of people and shouldn't cause to many issues. Eggs and hatchlings both need views so why do we have a limit on the eggs, but theoretically you can have all of them in hatchlings. Additionally I think this would make eggs in the AP or the caveblockers more appealing, as the wouldn't block a valuable egg space on the scrolls.

Please see it as a suggestion.

I couldn't read the whole thread so please don't be offended if it has already been suggested

I know why there are egg limits in place, and I am fine with the overall one, but why not remove the egg one and just keep the overall one? It would help a lot of people and shouldn't cause to many issues. Eggs and hatchlings both need views so why do we have a limit on the eggs, but theoretically you can have all of them in hatchlings. Additionally I think this would make eggs in the AP or the caveblockers more appealing, as the wouldn't block a valuable egg space on the scrolls.

I couldn't read the whole thread so please don't be offended if it has already been suggested

What's to stop a gold-level user from just filling up all their slots in eggs then?

I honestly like the suggestion, really. But it's hard enough trying to find time to sit and hunt, but at least I know someone has to pick up the blockers, and they'll lock themselves out of hunting eventually.

What's to stop a gold-level user from just filling up all their slots in eggs then?

I honestly like the suggestion, really. But it's hard enough trying to find time to sit and hunt, but at least I know someone has to pick up the blockers, and they'll lock themselves out of hunting eventually.

OMG. 21 eggs. What a vile thought.... sad.gif

Why would there be a need to stop them?

Good point. I was just feeling rather ill xd.png

I'm just going to come in and put my two cents in about the gold sprite update. I don't

like them. Nothing against the spriter, at all. On the contrary, they're very well done. I

just don't like them.

If anything I would *maybe* prefer that the total egg:hatchie ratio be adjusted, rather than the egg portion be eliminated.

Reasons:

1.) Hunting/breeding dynamics would again take some getting used to. Are people breeding/is the cave producing enough to satisfy all users if suddenly their egg slots are up near twenty? I doubt it.

2.) As someone else pointed out, this will make it more difficult for users with slower connections to catch rares. The longer user A with the speedy connection can grab whatever eggs they want from the AP, the longer user B has to wait.

3.) HOLIDAYS. Specifically Halloween. It would either need the old caps implemented or to have reduced ratios because otherwise the drama/pain we saw on Halloween this year would only be worse! Can you imagine people with 21 marrows? 21 new eggs? A lot of people found it hard enough to get one or two with our current limits, let alone if they change, and I just don't know if TJ could up the drops to satisfy everyone.

Now, if things were adjusted slightly so there were 5-6-7-8 eggs per level, I'd be okay with that. But I think that's unlikely, to be honest.

Say you're one of those super players who manages to grab all the CB metals/rares. Wow, you now have a scroll lock of 21 cb metal/rare eggs, that's not very nice to anyone else who might have wanted one that week. At least with an egg lock, you're stuck at only having a third of those for three days at a time.

But you're probably going to say that you'd never do that, and would instead use your newfound scroll non-restrictions to catch things you need for lineages/freezing/because I wanted it/ect. off the AP, and that's fine. I just sincerely doubt that 100% of the fanbase would follow that pattern to make life nice for everyone.

A goodly amount would just sit on the page, only clicking on a blocker when they absolutely, positively had to, because they're the only ones in the biome, and really not worry about the 5-hour lock because they were hardly likely to run out of room before they'd reaped what they wanted, or stalked long enough to just go ahead and dump the first things they caught anyway.

So yeah, I like the idea, and personally have no use for the 5-hour lock or scroll restrictions to begin with, but it's there. *shrug*

Edited by Amut un Rama

I never even thought of Hallowe'en. That WOULD be bad. But the 5 hours thing is good and should stay - even though it annoys me when I misclick.

A point to consider and a comparison to another collecting game...

MagiStream.. another very popular collecting game.. has egg limits and trading, but with different totals and stages that work VERY well.

MagiStream has a limit of 4 eggs (which I think is too low)

Dragon Cave has a limit of X eggs based on trophy level (which I like)

MagiStream has no limit on hatchlings (which I like very much)

Dragon Cave has a limit of X hatchlings based on trophy level (ok, but no limit would be better)

MagiStream allows hatchlings and adults to be traded, but not eggs (which is awesome)

Dragon Cave allows eggs and hatchlings to be traded, but not adults (which makes zero sense and causes problems due to eggs/hatchlings evolving in the middle of a trade)

So my point is.... why not try something different and see if it would work for DC?????

What do people pay for an adult? I'm not very active over at ChickenSmoothie but I know an old pet cost an arm and a leg plus your firstborn. Imagine someone selling a CB Holly. dry.gif

And it does make sense. Your dragons like you. They like you so much they refuse to get another owner if you release them. xd.png

3.) HOLIDAYS. Specifically Halloween. It would either need the old caps implemented or to have reduced ratios because otherwise the drama/pain we saw on Halloween this year would only be worse! Can you imagine people with 21 marrows? 21 new eggs? A lot of people found it hard enough to get one or two with our current limits, let alone if they change, and I just don't know if TJ could up the drops to satisfy everyone.

There are no caps on Halloween, unless I'm mistaken. And plenty of users ended up trading hatchling IOUs for shadow walkers last year. Quite a few members ended up with a lot of them, I got lucky and finished the year with 8.

Once the first 5 hours was done in the Halloween drop, they were relatively easy to catch, that wave of people who wanted to be "FIRST!" was already good and locked up. I checked back at many points 10 hours after it started and eggs across all biomes were taking a while to get picked up.

It's just plain unlucky if someone couldn't get any eggs for Halloween, especially once people started trading and gifting around. But scroll limits didn't have much to do with it.

What I would like, is that if the 5-hour lock on eggs was removed during Holidays, especially 24-hour holidays (not like the Christmas breeding season). I seem to be good at digging through the morass of players and claiming my full breed/scroll lock of eggs in the first 10 minutes of any new release, but I also like to gift, and would be happy to do so if I weren't tied up in cooldown. And seriously, they're Halloween/Christmas/Valentines dragons, no one's going to dump them to make something else appear, because it'll just be another holiday anyway.

It's easy for me to go back for more, but I would like to help the dial-up people too. I remember having dial up, I'd never play this game if I was still on it.

I just wanted to say how LOVELY the new (??) warning on the teleport page is - if it said before that

Any user who claims these dragons is under no obligation to give you anything in return; this is a one-way transfer.

I missed it - but that should remove ALL those PMs from people who say "you took my egg, you OWE me". xd.png

Thanks TJ.