Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

To tell you all the truth, I really do miss the single cave...

I just found it MUCH more enjoyable. :/ I agree with Cinnamin Draconna. The biomes seem really broken to me

I don't understand all the biome hate. I love biomes! I've caught two cheeses and seen about ten more, caught a cb ice and a cb magma and seen handfuls of those and thunders around. I've seen papers and a dino or two. I've seen a black. I've caught nebulas, a red, and pinks again, and seen multiple more of those, too. Those are basically all things I have not seen in cave for quite a long time and certainly not caught. I would be quite sad to do away with them again. We may have more places that can get blocked, but we also have more places to look and quite a few more choices of eggs available at one time.

I'll agree I'm a mite confused on vamps, though. Lyz asked TJ about it and he said nothing was wrong. I asked if there might be some problem with four code vamps biting five code vamps and he said nope. I would be interested in knowing how vamps work. Is it a ratio or is it a rate? That's as specific as I need right now. o3o

I personally am not a fan because whenever I come on the biomes, they are either empty, or there are 3 common eggs that the 3 or 4 other people on the page are unwilling to take. When there were 200 people on the main cave, this wasn't a problem and the commons would be picked up in a few minutes. Now, it's hours...:/

I have absolutely no need to hunt for eggs anymore, and can only see myself breeding or trading to get some new eggies...

Oh, yeah. Breeding isn't successful right now either... Or biting...

Swell. sleep.gif

I miss the site when it was fun.... :'(

Edited by AllieCat

I personally love to breed my dragons - and gift those I don't need so I wouldn't want to get rid of breeding.

However - I know people are upset about how hard it is to breed now. While I can understand that - it HAS gotten better. I am able to breed things (not as much as I did before - but as TJ said that it was really easy to breed dragons then) Which I agree with. Gold and Silvers and Tinsels are more rare now because people can't breed them. But while 3 weeks ago I was fed up - I am not so much now because breeding seems to be getting better - slowly yes but it is getting better and that is a good thing.

I would think that Tinsels are so much more common than regular rares, because my two golds haven't ever bred a single other gold and my two silvers have only bred true once. Whereas my first Silver tinsel has bred about 5 others in about 3 months and its son has bred one other tinsel in as many months.

I would think that Tinsels are so much more common than regular rares, because my two golds haven't ever bred a single other gold and my two silvers have only bred true once. Whereas my first Silver tinsel has bred about 5 others in about 3 months and its son has bred one other tinsel in as many months.

Yeah but if you think about it Golds and silvers have been here for SO long that there has to be so many other people breeding them - where as tinsels a lot of people don't have them... at least that's how I see it

I personally am not a fan because whenever I come on the biomes, they are either empty, or there are 3 common eggs that the 3 or 4 other people on the page are unwilling to take. When there were 200 people on the main cave, this wasn't a problem and the commons would be picked up in a few minutes. Now, it's hours...:/

I have absolutely no need to hunt for eggs anymore, and can only see myself breeding or trading to get some new eggies...

Oh, yeah. Breeding isn't successful right now either... Or biting...

Swell. sleep.gif

I miss the site when it was fun.... :'(

A couple years ago the cave was clogged with old pinks and blacks. It really doesn't matter biomes or one cave something will block it.

Still, at least things were moving....

Now... It's a waiting game, not a catching game.

If I ever do decide to waste 5 hours refreshing the same 3 common dragons.... Well, I probably never will.

I've been on this site for years... And if things don't get better soon, I may as well quit.

Like I said, I miss hunting.

I have been on this site for years as well, and have seen the cave go through its ups and downs with the ratios trying to keep a balance, while watching different species go from common to rare in the space of a year. That aspect of the game is not new, and what constitutes a blocker changes based on us, not the ratios. Dragon Cave to me has always been a waiting game, based on the fact there is a limited amount of slots, at least two days for an egg to hatch, at least two more days for a hatchling to grow up, seven days in between breedings, and cooldowns on the BSAs.

What I have learned, thanks to TJ's post in the Forum Feedback thread, is that we have the power to make the ratios change. If we don't want to see blockers, we should take some and raise them. There are many incentive programs in Site Discussion that encourage people to take the common breeds, and many people are participating. Those kinds of programs are also helping to shift the ratios back to normal. Things in the game did not get like this overnight, and things will not be fixed overnight, but with enough player effort, the ratios will even out and breeding will return to normal.

Biomes are working for me. Breeding is fine, but to me it seems that the desires of breeders subdued the needs of people who are not into breeding and need CB eggs. In the entire year 2010, I have seen one - only one - CB Gold in the cave. Since the introduction of biomes, I have seen four. With CB silvers, that would be 3 in 2010, 7 since biomes. This is a huge boost of morale for me.

I can understand that breeders are frustrated, but this is how players who need CB metallics felt like a long time. Biomes made the game much more interesting again for me, and I am sorry, but: often enough I saw scrolls with four bred gold hatchlings and five bred gold eggs. This means the chances for just seeing a CB gold were zero to none (not to mention cathcing it). I agree with Renorei here. Breeders had their utopia for quite a while - it's only fair to level the field.

I caught the nebula, red, and pink all in the same drop, along with seeing a cheese, a paper, and one of the trios in the same drop (although missing them). Oh! I also caught a sunsong in that drop.

Just a suggestion:

Since breeding pixels is so upsetting to members. 

Perhaps we should do away with it and just get eggs from the cave. That way we wouldn't have to worry about ratios and members would just enjoy the game.

For me, that would take away most of the fun.

I like the biomes!

I think I'd have to agree that breeding is better. I just bred an Ice, a Red, a Hellfire Wyvern, and yesterday I bred a White.

Thanks for adding TJ's quote, Sock. What thread is that from?

Edited by Classycal

Still, at least things were moving....

Now... It's a waiting game, not a catching game.

If I ever do decide to waste 5 hours refreshing the same 3 common dragons.... Well, I probably never will.

I've been on this site for years... And if things don't get better soon, I may as well quit.

Like I said, I miss hunting.

Things move plenty well when people like me are using their newly-extended egg limits to pick things up. *points to most recent 5 eggs, which are all neos and spitfires that are ALL being kept rather than dumped into AP*

Maybe if we hadn't chosen to condition ourselves to be so stingy with our slots things would move faster.

Edited by Lythiaren

Maybe if we hadn't chosen to condition ourselves to be so stingy with our slots things would move faster.

i have to agree with that.

hunting with the new biomes has given DC even more of a strategic feel. i've developed a strategy with myself where i try to stay at least two eggs under my limit, so that if i am hunting in the cave, and the cave i want to hunt the most in is clogged, i can pick up an egg to hopefully get it moving again, as well as get something i want.

this game is all about patience, and i don't think that could possibly be stressed enough.

Just a suggestion:

Perhaps we should do away with it and just get eggs from the cave. That way we wouldn't have to worry about ratios and members would just enjoy the game.

No trolling, Z.

Biomes are working for me. Breeding is fine, but to me it seems that the desires of breeders subdued the needs of people who are not into breeding and need CB eggs. In the entire year 2010, I have seen one - only one - CB Gold in the cave. Since the introduction of biomes, I have seen four. With CB silvers, that would be 3 in 2010, 7 since biomes. This is a huge boost of morale for me.

This very much. <3 biomes. (Though for me it's more "got my first ever cheese" and actually /seeing/ blacks and trios in the cave.)

Aaaaaaaah this this this.

I can appreciate that the ratios may be out of whack and may need tweaking to be fixed/corrected.

I recall one other time - back when we got multiple eggs from breeding one could get more then one rare in a breeding - two, three or even four golds/silvers. TJ tweaked it to correct the ratios and for a few months the rares were rare and hard to come by.

Then breeding was set to basically get one egg if any at all from breedings. That was fine.

Now we are told the ratios are out of whack again and rares are no longer rare again. But when I can breed twenty odd gold dragons a week and perhaps only get one gold from them - then yes in my eyes it is still rare because 19 breedings or more ended in no egg or a common one. 1 out of 20 breedings ending in rare. That sounds like rare odds to me.

Since the black stripe have come out - what three or four months ago - I have bred no golds and only one silver. I gift my rares to those who have trouble getting CB. Would be nice to get rares now that teleport is in but obviously must wait - for what another 4 months? A year?

The blacks and stripes are not breeding well either. Now the black stripe is a fairly new colour of stripe dragon. White/red/green/blue have been around. But still the black stripe is a fairly new egg but people can't seem to get them either. Is it because the stripe - black stripe though colour is not accepted as new just because it is different colouring?

Yes, black eggs used to fill the AP - but now what eggs fill the AP? - fog eggs, pebble eggs etc. ( Pebble now there is a common that seems massively produced in breeding and in the cave.) In other words remove one problem from the AP and another will fill it's space and there are many out there who fill the need to mass breed all their dragons clogging the AP up even though they have their limit.

Maybe, something could be done to limit breeding of dragons if you are at your limit of eggs? But then people would abandon first and keep what they want.

Edited by Ramica

It may be just me but it seems the desert is always being emptied out within the 1st 15 to 20 minuets of the hour drop. Its only when the top of the hour drop that it fills back up. All the rares people see and catch seem to come from there. I have yet to see a CB gold or Silver in another Biomes.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

It may be just me but it seems the desert is always being emptied out within the 1st 15 to 20 minuets of the hour drop. Its only when the top of the hour drop that it fills back up. All the rares people see and catch seem to come from there. I have yet to see a CB gold or Silver in another Biomes.

WB

Really? I have never seen a Black, Gold or Silver in the desert, though I have seen them in other biomes. I haven't been religiously stalking the cave, though.

WB

it's because there aren't many commons which clog the desert, and people pick up the ones that do to keep the desert moving again.. all rare eggs have an equal chance to drop in the hourly queue of each biome. the only reason we see the ones that fall in the desert, is because the desert actually gets cleared(it also helps that it doesnt have a whole lot of breeds which can drop there).

i've seen blacks and golds and silvers in other biomes, too, but the reason they aren't seen there as often is because it takes a LOT of patience to stay at one biome long enough too see one of those queued eggs drop in

i hope that made sense XD

ETA: and AlternateMew(below) has a very good point, there!

Edited by ParticleSoup

If I may add positive feedback? I really like how the biomes turned out. They have a style for everyone, in my opinion. The desert moving so fast is good for those impatient types that want eggs to cycle more, and the other biomes have varying speeds to suit those that don't want to be there at the top of the hour.

Also, perhaps this is coincidence, but when I think of "desert", I often think "barren, wide-open, near empty-looking space". And the desert is most often empty. When I think "Jungle", I think "crowded, hard to travel through". The Jungle is not often empty. I like this. It adds more dimension to the cave.

Just a suggestion:

That could be a possibility Z.

But you see I caught what CB metallics I need when I was on in my first year. Now there are so many others on dragcave- so many users that catching CB rares are almost impossible for many people.

I was shocked once when I caught a CB paper in one of the biomes - but have not seen any CB Silver, or gold in any biome.

I rarely see the ridgewing eggs and if I do manage to get it, it is a common purple. I have seen a CB black but once in the biomes.

The problem with CB if you don't have fast internet access you are not going get any of these rare eggs. I've heard that many rares show up in the desert I have been in hourly drops in the desert and not seen one. I can only assume my computer access is slower and therefore those with faster connections are getting them before they even show up for me. Poor luck, that is the way it goes - as the saying goes.

Breeding golds or silvers is a way I can at least give to those with slow connections who have little to no odds of catching such things, or trying to catch what they need for trades. I keep very few of my rare eggs. Since I have low gen and CB silver golds I can breed ( when breeding is good) eggs for others.

Used to be in trying to gift these silver, golds or other rare eggs there was a risk of someone else getting them off the AP because the transfer could only work by abandoning. Now with teleport one can at least be assured that rare egg will go to someone who has none, and not to someone who has a whole bunch to spare and was quick to click on it.

Now would be a wonderful time to give such gifts. My joy in breeding metallics is in gifting them - giving them away.

I can understand that breeders are frustrated, but this is how players who need CB metallics felt like a long time. Biomes made the game much more interesting again for me, and I am sorry, but: often enough I saw scrolls with four bred gold hatchlings and five bred gold eggs. This means the chances for just seeing a CB gold were zero to none (not to mention cathcing it). I agree with Renorei here. Breeders had their utopia for quite a while - it's only fair to level the field.

Yeah, just the other day I caught a CB silver (and a CB black the next day). It is the second CB silver on my scroll, but the first that I ever personally caught in almost two years of playing and hunting. I don't think this would have been possible without the biomes. I also feel like people having trouble breeding metallics lately is a contributing factor as to why it is actually *possible* to catch CB metallics now. Someone said earlier that the way things are now is biasing one playstyle over another. I disagree with this. I believe that things were previously biased in favor of breeding over catching, but now there is balance between the playstyles. People who want to catch CB metals finally stand a chance of being able to do so. Even if there is a bias in favor of catchers over breeders now, then like Rally said, it's only fair because breeders had their utopia for so long, catchers should have their utopia now.

Another positive feedback: The desert is wonderful. I see people complaining about it always being empty or that there aren't many breeds in the desert. This is a good thing. This means that every hour, the desert drop moves fast and the users actually go through all of the eggs, meaning that if there was a rare in the drop, it got seen and picked up. Whereas with the way things are in the other biomes and the way things used to be when we had one cave, there might be a rare in the drop but it might never get seen because we never got through all the eggs. Please don't add anymore breeds to the desert, or at least do so sparingly so that it will maintain its fast-paced nature. The only thing I would change is to make the drops for the desert a bit larger.

Edited by Renorei

Is it a ratio or is it a rate? That's as specific as I need right now. o3o

I think we are all wanting to know this.

Personally I love biomes and I think they work fine. What I like is that there are 7 total areas to hunt and 7 days in a week to hunt them. I know people don't like picking things up that they don't like, but after they watch, why not trade them for something better? With more slots there's more room for hatchlings so people are wanting to fill those slots up.

I like breeding my dragons now, but I think it's rather odd that I can breed a magi to another common and get a magi, but as soon as I breed it to a gold, I can't get a single magi. I've bred one of my golds to a magi since biomes came out and he has yet to make an egg. I also wish stripes and blacks are common like they are supposed to be, but that hinges on people not over breeding them when they get better on breeding again

Someone mentioned that more CBs is leaning to far to the non breeding play style. Before the "breeding drought" it leaned too far to the breeding play style. Which is why I am complete support of bbik's idea of separate ratios for bred and CB eggs, but it seems there is no recognition between the two and it may not be possible.

updates are fine but one thing ticked me off, I have to rename everything? Now names I had before I can't have cos someone else snagged them. Why have this restriction? Why not have people name their dragons anything (other than offensive things). For example, I had a red dragon named Raphael, he can't be renamed that cos someone else got it.

updates are fine but one thing ticked me off, I have to rename everything? Now names I had before I can't have cos someone else snagged them. Why have this restriction? Why not have people name their dragons anything (other than offensive things). For example, I had a red dragon named Raphael, he can't be renamed that cos someone else got it.

Er... you don't have to re-name any of your dragons ._. Unless you were gone for over 2 months, and in that case, the name-erase feature kicked in. It's been around for a very long time, and it's to open up names for active players who want them. It's pretty unfair otherwise.

I for one like biomes. Can't say my luck has increased much inregards to catching, but I saw a CB metallic for the first time in EVER. That's got to be something.