Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

(I don't really think it matters since it's just an egg descrip, but something like, "This egg shines in the cool light of the moon." would get that across better. I admit, I didn't know what "shining coldly" was either. ^^;; Although, it wouldn't match the white lumina's descrip as well. "This egg shines bluish in the moonlight"? "This egg shines ethereally in the moonlight"?)

I loved it from day one. Just for the other POV. biggrin.gif It feels delightfully creepy...

They are sorted alphabetically as it is... I don't see that splitting them up would do more than make the page longer.

What I meant was that instead of having the dragons sorted as they are now, all the dragons that start with a certain letter would be place under a header for that letter. For example the "M" header and dragons would be below the "L" header and dragons.

I.e.

-L-

Lumina

-M-

Moonstone

-N- etc.

So actually just adding letters to the page - that was exactly what I thought you meant. It would make the page longer.

I have to say I can cope with scrolling down - they ARE ordered alphabetically as it stands.

I don't understand all the biome hate. I love biomes! I've caught two cheeses and seen about ten more, caught a cb ice and a cb magma and seen handfuls of those and thunders around. I've seen papers and a dino or two. I've seen a black. I've caught nebulas, a red, and pinks again, and seen multiple more of those, too. Those are basically all things I have not seen in cave for quite a long time and certainly not caught. I would be quite sad to do away with them again. We may have more places that can get blocked, but we also have more places to look and quite a few more choices of eggs available at one time.

I'll agree I'm a mite confused on vamps, though. Lyz asked TJ about it and he said nothing was wrong. I asked if there might be some problem with four code vamps biting five code vamps and he said nope. I would be interested in knowing how vamps work. Is it a ratio or is it a rate? That's as specific as I need right now. o3o

I love the biomes too! I've caught several rares in the biomes!

Spent time checking up my groups and noticed that we now can add two different breeds to one group. Nice, I can start my breeding project soon. biggrin.gif

Thanks for adding autoabandons to the action log. That should help quite a few people who think they lost an egg.... :)

... Fuzz? You are seeing auto-abandons in the action log? None of the auto-abandoned eggs that I bred for Sock's mass-breeding are showing in my action log... It just shows the "Bred (blank) with (blank)" like usual.

Oh - maybe they are only the ones from multiclutches.... I bred a lot of herald/celestials fpr Sock, as I have some pretty checkers.

In that case I take it back and can we have it show for everything ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

On 8/12/2017 at 5:07 AM, fuzzbucket said:

Oh - maybe they are only the ones from multiclutches.... I bred a lot of herald/celestials fpr Sock, as I have some pretty checkers.

In that case I take it back and can we have it show for everything ?

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

BSA section of help page seems like outdated. I think we have to add link to Stun(link is missing but content is there), Precognition, Ward. As the other BSAs are only affected to their own, I don't think we have to add them.

24 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

BSA section of help page seems like outdated. I think we have to add link to Stun(link is missing but content is there), Precognition, Ward. As the other BSAs are only affected to their own, I don't think we have to add them.

Thanks, should be fixed within the next week.

Any chance we could get artist credits listed in the Encyclopedia entries? Seems like it makes sense to be there, and would be a bit more convenient when looking for info on a breed.

I used to get a "loading" notice when adding a dragon to a group and then it would change one the action had been completed. This was useful because sometimes when the cave is a bit laggy or my internet connection is slow, it would take a few seconds to finalise the grouping. But now that I've added more groups, I don't see this anymore. I think perhaps it's because my groups menu is longer due to extra groups I've added. But either way, it was a useful feature that I now don't have access to for whatever reason.

Would it be possible to look into this feature and make sure it's working correctly? Thank you! ^_^

Scroll down in your groups list. (I used to get that - but now it's kind of off the bottom. Where it does still say "saved". Eventually.)

In that case, is it possible to make the 'saved' feature add on separately underneath the groups box, rather than requiring you to scroll? Especially since it only lasts a few seconds before disappearing, this doesn't seem like the most effective interface. Something for TJ to consider, hopefully! 

What I'd like would be for it to be at the TOP.

If it's at the top it could get a little annoying when you're trying to add a dragon to move than one group. It would shift the rest of the list down and could result in misclicking the wrong groups. Another alternative could be to have a loading symbol then then tick next to the group itself that you've added it to. So instead of being down the bottom, being next to an individual group when you add it there.

Edited by StormWizard212

I just realized I have a huge problem with having lots of DC tabs open. If I have a lot of DC tabs open at one time, I cannot see what the tab says - or at least, what's behind "Dragon Cave". I only have about 10 open at one time, but they shrink so much that I can't see past "Dragon Ca---------". I don't have enough tabs open for an extension that manages them, nor do I have enough to get that little "drop down" thing that Firefox uses to find a tab (I use Chromium browsers more often anyways), but I also have enough open that it sucks trying to cycle through them to find what I am looking for. I would propose that the tab names are shortened to just what the tab is. Like, "Your Dragons", or "Teleport - Active Transfers". Basically, just ditch the first half of the tab that says "Dragon Cave". I know it's possible because many other sites do the same thing, like Facebook, as an example. I mean, the icon is still a red egg, so we can easily tell it's a DC site. Do we really need the first half of the tab label?

Oh yes, completely agree with Metal-n-Monster! I often have lots of tabs open in my browser in general, and at least 3-4 DC tabs, and it can get very annoying to have to actually click on the tab every single time I want to remember what that page is.

Agreed! And the forum already handles tabs that way, so why not the main site?

You could also move the "Dragon Cave" part to the end of the title.

Yes! This is a great idea. I fully support it. It would make it much easier when switching between tabs. :)