tridymite

Message that eggs will Auto=AP

I've done that before, too, but when that happens it's my own fault not remembering to check, and I'll just have to try next week for them instead.

Exactly. I just have to bang my head on the desk a lot, and again....

It's not handholding to have the message change when egg/total locked, and it's very helpful to those of us with short-term memory problems.

Bolding for emphasis. My reason for supporting this is primarily for younger and/or disabled players; I have a congenital brain disorder that affects my memory and attention (among other things), and I'm not too keen on needing to remember to open a new tab to check my status whenever I want to breed.

^^

Fuzzbucket's first sig line fits this problem prefectly.

I often breed mass dragons and so on. Sometimes I don't mind if I'm egg locked but the first time I got a 2nd gen gold it was auto-abandoned because I forgot I was locked. Not everybody has amazing memories.

And it's kinda like the summon BSA. It goes away when you're locked...

I've never accidentally bred while locked without the intent to abandon... until today. I would love a little note next to the 'Breed' link that reminds you that eggs will auto-abandon. Like others have said, we have it for Summon, and no one's likely to Summon carelessly.

I don't want a pop-up, I don't want to have to enter my password (like with much less 'harmful' BSAs), I just want a bit of text off to the side to let me know.

Personally, I like this idea. I haven't run into the problem much myself, but I can easily see how it would be useful. Even then it's just one less step I have to take when breeding and forget how many eggs I have. It doesn't really negatively affect anyone, so I don't understand the opposition to it. Sure, it keeps the 'accidents' from dropping to the AP, but there seem to be plenty of people who intentionally breed rares into the AP that it shouldn't be a problem.

I certainly wouldn't want to see it as a pop-up though, or anything else as intrusive. A message beside the breeding option would be good though, it's not something annoying to those who don't want it while still letting you know that you're locked.

I still really want the Actions page message to change when you're locked. It wouldn't hold you up when breeding, and it serves basically the same purpose as other notification messages. Do you really think it'd be excessive hand-holding to have

"Breed Breed this dragon with a fe/male, potentially producing eggs."

change to

"Breed Breed this dragon with a fe/male, potentially producing eggs. Any eggs produced will be abandoned."

when you're locked?

Since there was another topic about this, bumping to bring it to attention, along with quoting what I support.

I would despise a pop up. The message option seems very unobtrusive while helpfully giving people that bit of info they want.

yes - it still allows those who are breeding for the ap to hit breed without all those annoying messages, but it will allert a person their slots are full and avoid an accidental ap drop

The change only to the line on the breeding page would be enough of a warning I think. And it will not hinder those people that already know they are at their egg limit.

Absolutely support the message when breeding.

I've noticed that more and more often, I've picked up an egg while getting a 'sorry' message, and if one pops into the Cave or AP for a break in the middle of an unsuccessful series of breeding attempts, it would be too easy, especially in the wee earlies when you're too tired to sleep, to forget to check just in case you'd picked up an unheralded egg/hatchy - when, of course, a long-barren dragon would finally produce the egg you've been waiting for...

Yeah so two pairings that never produce eggs just produced eggs. Of the right breed.

If we had this message, I would be so happy. I would probably even sacrifice my 7th egg slot for a breed slot. The little notice seems good, especially if it's long enough to hit a new line and make the breed action look different. I'm one of those people who notice the number of lines in a certain paragraph, not what the sentences say.

Lol, I autoed an egg today.

Yeah, I sorta checked my scroll after a futile AP hunt to make sure that I hadn't picked up anything on the AP while getting the 'sorry' page, as I very often find happens, of late.

But somehow I missed a little plain, brown speckled egg that in any event was a bred of a mix I wouldn't have kept, if I'd noticed it.

Luckily for me, the Shimmer egg that autoed was, as usual, a common of the mate's kind - they haven't produced a Shimmer yet, although I'm amazed they didn't, since it autoed. rolleyes.gif

But a lot of us are insomniacs and not always very aware, and some of us miss more than others, more at some times than at others, and perhaps if I'm tired enough, I could also miss a warning message...

But I'd like to think I wouldn't, if one was there, lol.

~Bump as an alternative to choosing to abandon another egg or the one you just bred if you're at your limit~

I think that TCA's suggestion from the top of the page is pretty much the best way to do this. It will still lead to accidental auto-APing because people just don't read - but, really, that's totally their own fault then. (It still is anyway because they could have checked, but sometimes - with certain site hiccoughs - things tend to get a little confusing at times.)

I still really want the Actions page message to change when you're locked. It wouldn't hold you up when breeding, and it serves basically the same purpose as other notification messages. Do you really think it'd be excessive hand-holding to have

change to

"Breed Breed this dragon with a fe/male, potentially producing eggs. Any eggs produced will be abandoned."

when you're locked?

Woop woop still best solution.

change to

when you're locked?

Though I'm in favor of players managing their slots carefully, and maintains that accidental autos is part of the game, I find this an acceptable compromise.

The joke's on you if you still somehow manage to accidentally auto something with this implemented.

*nods with CNR* I like TCA's example. I'm wholly against suggestions to get rid of Auto-AP or add an extra slot for breeding, but a warning like that on the Actions page seems like a good middle ground. Much better than pop-ups, too.

I support this idea, with the Breed message changing to warn you that eggs will be abandoned. I have luckily rarely (if ever) been the subject of the misfortune of breeding while locked, but I do tend to read things and I would love a message to warn me if I was about to breed without being locked.

That being said, I do keep my hatchlings and eggs at the top of my scroll, and can easily count whenever I need to. smile.gif Other people might not do that for personal reasons, which I can understand. There is also a Filter By option that lets you show only your eggs/hatchlings (or dragons who are available to breed! I can't believe I never noticed THAT before laugh.gif), as well as the egg limits page in the help section (although that's something that doesn't usually come to mind when I'm worried about limits).

Support from me<3

It would be helpful. And yes, I like TCA's templet.

But..any chance the auto-abandon is kinda punishment to whom are careless? You know you are responsible for it,right?

Maybe, but it's a punishment that can be difficult to prevent if you have memory problems or an executive dysfunction (both of which are pretty common brain issues). I do try to keep track the best I can, but given the number of pages between breeding and my computer's general crappiness (meaning not enough tabs!) I do accidentally breed to the AP more frequently than I'd like.

I don't see the harm in TCA's idea of a simple line of text on the action page.

I guess as i see it, if an egg I breed autoabandons, talking of rarer stuff here, well, it sort of gives the newbies a chance at something they might have a hard time getting otherwise.

I just noticed this message in my trios:

"Summon This action is not available because you are at your egg limit."

and I think it's awesome! Yes, I'm egglocked at the moment so if I try to breed any dragon I will lose my egg - and the Gon egg can't be abandoned so the action is not available.

I've seen so many people losing their eggs by accident so I thought that if we have a warning message like this when we are going to breed, maybe less people lose their eggs by accident. I don't think the breed action should be disable because lots of people does mass breeding when egglocked to breed to the AP but a warning message would be nice.

Yes please. Though I haven't lost anything of major value, I have sometimes miscounted my eggs and bred something only to have it abandoned.

+1 Love the suggestions so far!

Nope, I am a meanie and am against all of this. It's a game, people, keep track of how many eggs you have! I've lost eggs myself but that's one of the little pitfalls of the game. If there aren't pitfalls, then what's the point? I've auto ap'd some awesome stuff and I know it's my fault for not paying attention. I feel like people are constantly pushing for this game to get easier and easier and in my opinion, a game has to have little drawbacks like this.