tridymite

Message that eggs will Auto=AP

Yeah, this would help loads. I always go on a cave raid, then remember I wanted to breed something, then remember I just went on a cave raid after the egg gets abandoned rolleyes.gif

This option makes it inconvenient for people who breed to abandon. I don't want to have to click another button for each egg I breed just to have it auto abandon.

As I said before, only if it's optional. I want a way to turn this option off.

Go read my first post. :v

This should be an option you can have that would check your lock before breeding and give you a notification/confirmation that any resulting eggs will be autoabandoned.

It would be a nice little convenience, yes. Sort of like the sickness thing - sure I could click every egg/hatchie every time, to see if any are sick, but boy is it nice to have the system notify me.

BTW, the egglimits page is fabulous and wonderful and thank you to everyone who asked for it to be implemented. I use it in lieu of counting, because it's really what the *cave* thinks I have that matters, not what *I* count. It'd be nicer not to have to go to that page at all, but at least we've got the option.

YES! PLEASE! That just happened to me the other day. I accidentally bred forgetting I was locked, so the egg was auto-abandoned. Very upset b/c I want all the children of any dragons I breed to be on my scroll unless I'm specifically gifting an egg.

I couldn't find any topic on the first three pages or with the search feature, don't kill me if I just missed it.

Anyways. I bred my Gold Tinsel earlier today, and what do you know!- she gave me an egg right off the bat. However, I forgot to count my eggs beforehand, and it went straight to the AP, where it was snagged instantly. I really wanted to keep the egg, and I'm not at all happy about it :/

I think there should be a notice whenever you try to breed an egg while you're locked. Maybe something like "You are currently scroll locked, are you still sure you want to breed this dragon? Yes/No." It would help with all the people whose pages won't load fast enough and the only see three eggs when they have four, or if they forgot to count.

Thoughts?

Not gonna vote, since I'm torn.

Part of me says yes, it'd be helpful--but part of me says no, it's our job to count our eggs beforehand. I've accidentally bred when locked and it is frustrating, but... I should have paid more attention...

I'm going to agree with KageSora, it's annoying sometimes yes, but it's kind of our job to check. Plus I intentionally breed when I'm locked so that they go straight to the AP (I think people like it when I do this with my CB splits, trios, and nebulas so there's only 2nd gens going out).

I think a simple warning message would be easy to manage, perfectly harmless, and a nice feature. I've accidentally bred dragons, unaware that I was locked, and they've been booted to the AP...very depressing. So a message like that would be helpful, and I don't see how it could have any negative effects. It will also help if you have a dead egg taking up space and you're not sure if the slot has been cleared up yet or not.

it's up to the scroll owner to keep track of their own dragons. It's part of the game. Not that hard to count 0-7 eggs yanno. smile.gif Or it takes a second or so to load the limits page up to check before breeding. http://dragcave.net/help/egglimits

I didn't even know that page existed before now, to be honest.

It would be so nice to have some sort of notification that eggs will autoabandon. I've had a few eggs do that in the past because I've been distracted, counted wrong, stuff like that...and at least one of those eggs died. It would be nice for me to be able to control where the offspring of my own dragons goes.

Thought there was a topic, I'm not surprised I missed it >w<

Sometimes I play the game with images off so the cave would load faster, and I think a lot of people do the same. I'll go and breed my dragons without turning it back on, because it would only be for like a minute and I can still (Please read the forum rules). If that happens, I'm definitely going to miss an egg or two while I'm trying to see if I'm unlocked, mostly because my computer seems determined to strain my eyes with its tiny print.

[EDIT] B-r-e-e-d t-h-e-m just turned into (Please read the forum rules). Uhhh...

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

I am glad it auto abandons. True, I just lost a beautiful silver tinsel because I forgot I was still waiting to accept the eggs I was giving to them. BUT If you bred it then you could breed it again. It might take FOREVER but it's still possible. You have the parents on your scroll. Plus it helps send rares to people who wouldn't get them otherwise. (I was happy that my tinsel went to someone with none.) I do breed for AP drops. I once breed all my reds and pinks to spread the BSA love before I started giving them out here on the forums.

Auto drop is a part of the game. If it was too easy it wouldn't be fun.

Edited by raistardragon

~!~'s post makes the most sense. I don't see why anyone would be against that.

I can totally understand why people do that, but if I was breeding my Tinsels for an IOU and had to explain to the person that I lost the egg, I would be extremely embarrassed. Yes, I'd be able to breed them again in a week, but they're really stubborn.

[EDIT] I like the idea of having the text on the page. My computer loathes popups tongue.gif

Edited by Xbcdrt8741

I'm against this.

It is your job to count your own eggs/hatchlings. Virtually everyone here should be able to count to 7 (or, worst case scenario, 21).

You can sort eggs/hatchlings at the top of your scroll to make it even easier to count.

You can visit the egg limits page if you have counting problems or if there is some other reason why you can't count clearly.

The game already makes it soooo easy not to lose eggs to auto-abandon. All you have to do is count what you have, or visit the limits page. If you still somehow manage to lose an egg due to auto-abandon, it's not really the game's fault. It's your fault, because you should have checked. Does this mean that you deserve to lose the egg? Well, no. But the outcome isn't all doom-and-gloom. Yes, you lost your egg because your were careless. But someone who needed that egg desperately might have caught it. That probably is not of any consolation to you. But I think it's important that this game have at least a few built-in mechanisms that ensure that sometimes valuable eggs will end up on the AP where people who could not possibly have traded for them might catch them. Vamp repulses is one of those mechanisms. The auto-abandoning of holiday multiclutches is another mechanism. As I see it, auto-ing that 8th egg is yet another of these mechanisms. I want it to stay in place.

Plus, as Wookie mentioned, some people deliberately do mass-breeding of nice things when they are locked so that they won't have to click each egg and abandon it. If there was a message such as the one the OP was suggesting, users who are massbreeding nice things to go to the AP would be inconvenienced and be discouraged from breeding.

Plus, as Wookie mentioned, some people deliberately do mass-breeding of nice things when they are locked so that they won't have to click each egg and abandon it. If there was a message such as the one the OP was suggesting, users who are massbreeding nice things to go to the AP would be inconvenienced and be discouraged from breeding.

Not with ~!~'s idea. No one would be inconvenienced. If people want to go ahead and continue with the breeding, then sure, they're more than welcome to. But for some people, they just don't want to do it. I know I would be absolutely devastated if I lost a 2nd gen tinsel that I had been waiting for WEEKS to breed because of a miscount. I never even knew about that trophy help page thing until it was linked here, and chances are I'm not even going to REMEMBER it even exists because it's out of the way and not what I'm focusing on. Or, if an egg died and I moved it to the back of my scroll and forgot it was there, and the timer wasn't up yet, and I was FINALLY able to breed that tinsel egg that I've been trying to get for someone. Having this message in the way ~!~ suggested would be far more beneficial than harmful.

I do think everyone here - even the youngest among us - can count to 5, 6 or 7....

I'm not against this, if it would just be a little added note and not a "must click to continue" thing.

But I honestly don't see the need for yet another way to make sure that people don't make mistakes. Maybe it's just because I hardly ever mass-breed, but is it really so hard to keep a tab open to your scroll-page, and refresh it every so often to make sure you aren't at your limit yet? That's what I do, and really, it's not hard. It takes maybe 3 seconds, at most. I just think that there seem to be so many ways that DC *could* be made a fail-proof game, and I don't see the fun in that. You actually have to think in order to play DC, make sure you aren't locked, etc.

I do think everyone here - even the youngest among us - can count to 5, 6 or 7....

It's not an issue of if we can count. Of course we can count, that's not the problem. But sometimes we can miscount on accident without realizing it. I've done it before because I was sick and tired, thus I wasn't as aware as I should have been. But that's no reason that I shouldn't be able to have a little note that reminds me that I've got a full scroll and that I may not want to breed, even though that tinsel was ready.

I don't see this as making DC a fail-proof game. I see this as giving people a little reminder that they might be doing something they don't realize. It's such a simple and easy method, too, and way more efficient than keeping tabs open or looking up some help section that some people don't even know existed in the first place.

I wouldn't mind this - but I don't think it should be a popup

What ~!~'s post sounds good smile.gif

I want someone to come in the morning and gently wake me up

I want someone to come and brush my teeth after Im up

I want someone to make me a sandwich and feed it to me

When Im drunk I want my car to prevent me from driving

I dont fell like clicking for breeding nor checking when can I breed, I rather have someone else do it auto for me

I dont want to go hunting in the cave I rather write down the eggs I want and someone will bring me a bunch of cb golds

I dont want to put my eggs into hatcheries nor check for sickness, I want someone else to do it for me

See where I am going with this ?

Boo hoo, I dropped an egg into an AP but its not my fault that I'm toooo damn lazy, why do I actually have to do stuff ???? It makes no sense rolleyes.gif

If you cant accept the tiniest responsibility of checking your limit when breeding, just dont play the game at all dry.gif the easiest soulution in my humble opinion...

Might be harsh but it is the truth....

Edited by The Evil Doer

you can check your eggs before you breed, simple as that. plus, your accident also allows some less fortunate people to snag goodies off the AP. so no, i don't believe this feature is "necessary".

It's not necessary, no, but the way ~!~ suggested it would work, it also wouldn't be an inconvenience at all. Therefore, if it wouldn't inconvenience anyone and would please some users, I vote go for it.

If we did have a simple message, not a pop-up/confirmation page, then you're just going to get people who go "Well, make it a pop-up! It's not my fault I was sick and tired and didn't notice the extra text!"

EDIT: Now, if there were a way to say "Yes, I want a pop-up reminder" or "No, I'll take my chances counting myself" then that would be good for everybody--use it if you like, don't use it if you'd rather not.

Edited by KageSora