kissxthestarz

True Blood

I'm surprised there's not already a topic dedicated to this... well anyways, do we have any fans? I started watching the season from the beginning about halfway through the 3rd season. I loved it! Was a huge Bill fan, then switched to Eric<3 but after the 2nd episode, I don't really like either of them lol. Hopefully they will redeem themselves in tonight's episode. I'm not really as much of a hxc fan as I was in the past... maybe it's because of the year long wait between seasons and I just lost interest? Idk but we shall seee. What do you guys think about the show?

I think there was a thread sometime early last year?

Anyway, I like True Blood. It's not my favourite series, but I like that it's so daft and that it has many quirky characters, even though I'm not entirely sure whether I like where the storyline is heading.

I watched the first two episodes of the newest (fourth) season, and am not sure how much I like the fact that (highlight)suddenly, everything has skipped a year ahead. Unless they do some major storyline about the fairies. Man, those things are creepy.

I think there was a thread sometime early last year?

Anyway, I like True Blood. It's not my favourite series, but I like that it's so daft and that it has many quirky characters, even though I'm not entirely sure whether I like where the storyline is heading.

I watched the first two episodes of the newest (fourth) season, and am not sure how much I like the fact that (highlight)suddenly, everything has skipped a year ahead. Unless they do some major storyline about the fairies. Man, those things are creepy.

Can't see the last bit of your post b/c it's in white.

LOL I know my b/f was like "eww those aren't fairies, they're so creepy!" hahaha . I know what you mean though, I still don't know how I feel about the time gap :/ No time has passed for Sookie, but it's all weird now with the other characters. I wish I could see everything they went through in that year.

Edited by kissxthestarz

I posted it in white, so that people who don't want a spoiler can choose to NOT highlight/see that part of the post. :b

Yes, I also wish they'd give some pointers as to what happened, still, I think this season will be a wild ride.

Oops lol I should've thought about that... I fixed it so no one can see now lol. Yes, I hope you're right about it being a wild ride or else they're going to loose my view! When does the show air over by you? Over here in the US it'll air tomorrow at 9pm

Edited by kissxthestarz

I've been through all of the seasons and this one is looking even more interesting than the last...which was super interesting and mildly psychotic...the only complaint I have so far is that they put out two episodes OnDemand and left it at such a spot that I've been tearing my hair out for two weeks waiting for the episode that comes out tomorrow evening! Its been cruel!

Oops lol I should've thought about that... I fixed it so no one can see now lol. Yes, I hope you're right about it being a wild ride or else they're going to loose my view! When does the show air over by you? Over here in the US it'll air tonight at 9.

Honestly, I don't know, I got to know from a friend that they aired True Blood on a local paid cable channel, but since I don't watch TV in the first place, I torrent pretty much everything. /flees from bricks

So I usually watch the newest episode on Monday, whenever it's convenient.

I tried to watch it and couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the episode I was watching.

I haven't tried since.

It gets a bit easier on the amount of sex scenes after the first season, if that's what bothered you. I know many people find that part disturbing.

I actually just found it boring. smile.gif If something doesn't catch my attention quickly, I don't tend to watch it.

Honestly, I don't know, I got to know from a friend that they aired True Blood on a local paid cable channel, but since I don't watch TV in the first place, I torrent pretty much everything. /flees from bricks

So I usually watch the newest episode on Monday, whenever it's convenient.

Check out my post about watching movies/tv shows for free here. That's where I watch True Blood. I don't watch it on HBO. I watch everything on that site actually lol. No illegal downloads or anything like that required. It's kind of like Youtube for movies and tv shows. I explain everything in the post. As long as your computer runs Flash then you're good to go.

...no one's posted on this thread for a month but I just want to say I love it! I started out as a fan of the books (the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire series) which are surprisingly different from the show and should be given a fair shot even if you don't like the show.

As far as the overload of sex, it does get a little much but I think the plot and characters are so captivating that it doesn't bother me. It is easier sometimes to watch it on demand so I can fast forward...

Bleh, I actually stopped watching it after s04e06, when I understood that the plot is getting too deranged/senseless for my taste.

I'll wait for my friend to finish watching the season and then decide whether it'd be worth revisiting it. /shot

Edited by lightbird

*growls quietly at the show*

I read the books first and just fell in love with them, Charline Harris is a really great writer and the story is just so engaging and funny, and I was real excited when the series came out and was immediately disappointed when they'd changed SO much.

The seasons are bases loosely on each book, and the 4th book is my favourite ((massive Eric fan)) but I have to say I've lost all patience with the show, the original story line of Eric and Sookie has been reduced to like 10 minutes an episode while the rest is filled with characters they've invented and I have no interest in.

/rant over tongue.gif

but on a final point I'd like to say that in my opinion the show doesn't hold a candle to the books

That's one of the main reasons I like the show so much. I still love the books and think they're amazing, but I don't want to just sit through a show that happens exactly like what I've already read. The show makes it a new story. I even have my own little game where I pick out the differences, but it doesn't bother me.

As far as the Sookie and Eric part, I was a little disappointed but again, I knew already that it wouldn't be like it was it the books and I think what they did with it was very amazing and intimate.

For me, Sookie is what the books were all about, and she's an awesome main character, but the show isn't all about her and focuses on other characters' stories evenly and that's what draws me to the show. They shouldn't be compared to one another, but both held in their own light.

Edited by rainbowsmile

Lol, I just read over my comment and I sound like such a censorkip.gif*y fan girl! rolleyes.gif

I know the show can't be the same as the books as that would be boring for people who've read them and practically impossible to make a good show out of them because they focus so much on Sookies story line.

But I don't like the other story lines they've come up with, they're so convoluted and don't really add anything to the show. I just got so frustrated with the pointlessness of them all. Though I do love the guy who plays Eric, if anything could get me watching them again, it'd be him happy.gif