Sunfeathers

Spiral Lineages

From what I've noticed, spiral lineages have been getting a lot more popular lately and I thought it was time to create a thread for them. (Now all someone has to do is create an arrowhead thread, and I think we'll have all the main lineage shapes covered. wink.gif )

What is a spiral lineage?

If you don't frequent the trading threads the term "spiral" lineage may be unfamiliar to you. Well, no worries, this thread is here to help.

A spiral lineage is kind of like a stairstep except that instead of all the CBs being one gender and all the bred dragons being the other, they alternate every generation. The Rainbow Project's Alternating Genders Line is a lovely example of a spiral lineage. My own Thunder x Guardian lineage is an example of a spiral with only two breeds.

Hey! I have a dragon with a spiral lineage!

Great! This is the place to share about any spirals you own. Feel free to share pairs that you think work well together or show your plans for your own spirals.

(If anyone wants to make banners, go right ahead and I'll put them in this post. Also, if you can think of anything else you think should be here, feel free to contact me.)

@sunfeathers

thanks for the examples. I'm still wrapping my head around staircases, spirals..i originally didn't think I liked them. but i'm really starting to love them! Also, your thunders in that spiral have great names! Made me laugh out loud haha

this is my flamingo spiral biggrin.gif

I am working on a PB nebula but it's not far enough along to "see" the spiral yet

Edited by dragonpuck

I'm currently in the process of making an epic spiral lineage where the end pair will produce Geodes, and the names of the dragons, read left to right, list all the songs in Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds.

This is the lineage plan. I have all the names reserved, and every dragon but the starting pair will be on my scroll.

@sunfeathers

thanks for the examples. I'm still wrapping my head around staircases, spirals..i originally didn't think I liked them. but i'm really starting to love them! Also, your thunders in that spiral have great names! Made me laugh out loud haha

Thanks! (Sorry for the horribly late reply) Naming my dragons is probably the most fun part of that lineage.

Also @ Sinnarn, I could help you continue that lovely Magi x Marrow line if you wish. I've got 2 Male Marrows and 1 Female.

Hello

I recently caught this spiral in the AP. I thought it was interesting, and want to try to continue it. I dont have any holidays but was looking for suggestions on what might breed might make a good pairing. What do you guys think?

I've got this pretty Tinsel lineage (http://dragcave.net/lineage/qf5NZ) from the F-bomb Bronze itself! Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to continue it, since I can't catch a female Vine. sad.gif

Argh! I see CB Vines everywhere, except for when I need them most!! mad.gif

Hello

I recently caught this spiral in the AP. I thought it was interesting, and want to try to continue it. I dont have any holidays but was looking for suggestions on what might breed might make a good pairing. What do you guys think?

You could breed it with a hellfire wyvern, then you could breed the offspring with a nebula, then a holiday, so the pattern would be holiday, hellfire, nebula, holiday...

I've just recently fallen in love with spirals, and last week I was gifted my first ever Tinsel, a spiral Silver Tinsel, and today I bred her for the first time and she gave me a shiny egg to continue the line.

I'm also working on a project involving Fogs and rainbow breeds, but my 3rd gens keep coming out the wrong breed so I have nothing to show for it yet. Who knew Fogs could be so hard to get?

I'm happy this thread exists! I love spirals more than any other kind of lineage. They're so dynamic - more visually interesting, in my opinion, than the straight-up-and-down lines you get with stairsteps or even-gens.

Right now I'm experimenting with several spiral projects. The ones that are doing best right now are my BBW/Sunstone, Fog/Moonstone, and Purple/Pebble lines, but lately they keep giving me the wrong color eggs for the next step.

Finally a thread for spirals...

I have this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6Ad08 continued like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/fHAtn

And I have this project which unfortunately stalled in winter/spring when I had almost no Internet. Will wait to continue until the season is right again and I can catch the needed CBs.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4VWF

All are on my scroll, the CBs are named after their code, the bred dragons are named after their very first parent (code iook) and their respective CB parent.

For now it's 8 gens Summer, 7 gens Autumn, 7 gens Winter, so 22 gens altogether. Really looking forward to continuing this. wink.gif

Edited by lilysally

Found a beautiful balloon/red dorsal Thuwed in the AP a few days ago. Too bad I don't have a CB red dorsal to continue the line. D: