Flérida_Pagan

Dragons With No Children

I have a suggestion for a list option (not a sorting option, though I guess it could be made into one if people want it to...)

One of my goals is to breed two dragons together until they atleast have one living offspring each. However, it's hard to keep track if two dragons have an offspring and the owner kills the offspring after a while. Then I come across one dragon without a child ... but I can't remember who their mate was! I have over 800 dragons ... no way am I going to click through all of them.

So I propose an option that lets you see which dragons have no offspring yet. This way people that want to breed dragons with "fresh adults", they don't have to go looking for one the hard way. This option will mainly be useful to those with bad memories or people with hundreds of dragons.

Let me know what you think. smile.gif

Even if the dragon's only offspring has been killed, I think the mate of the dragon will still show up on the 'Breed' page. Not sure though.

I'm kind of neutral on this. It's not a bad idea, but personally I wouldn't use it. c:

Even if the dragon's only offspring has been killed, I think the mate of the dragon will still show up on the 'Breed' page. Not sure though.

I'm kind of neutral on this. It's not a bad idea, but personally I wouldn't use it. c:

I just checked. One of my dragons had a mate before their offspring was killed, but their mate was not at the top sad.gif

Edited by Flérida_Pagan

This is a great idea! It would definatly be easier than checking every dragon's pages for children etc.

I find this idea very interesting and wouldn't mind if it was implemented. Until if/when/or if it isn't implemented, Eggs around the world has a tool that shows gendered adults without progeny that might be helpful to you. http://dc.makegames.de/tool.html

I find this idea very interesting and wouldn't mind if it was implemented. Until if/when/or if it isn't implemented, Eggs around the world has a tool that shows gendered adults without progeny that might be helpful to you. http://dc.makegames.de/tool.html

I don't think this is exactly what I had in mind wink.gif I put the code of the adult dragon without children and the tool just showed the adult's parents.

Unless there's another way to use it ... if so, may I ask for clarification? smile.gif

I don't think this is exactly what I had in mind wink.gif I put the code of the adult dragon without children and the tool just showed the adult's parents.

Unless there's another way to use it ... if so, may I ask for clarification? smile.gif

Enter your scroll name where it says scroll stats and one of the options lists all the gendered dragons without progeny.

Use "scroll stats", not generation checker.

I wouldn't complain if this was implemented. I don't know that I'd use it, though. But okay!

LIKE!

I'm exactly the same way. I can't remember who I wanted to breed with who, and I am also in the 600+ range. It would be fantastic if there was a list of which dragons have been bred to a certain one. Maybe that could be a BSA, the ability to catalog it. Maybe that's what the useless, but pretty Guardians of Nature could do.

Oh, sweet, I had no idea this site had this! Man, this is very useful for me smile.gif Thanks for the link!

Your welcome.

I would still like your suggested feature to be "on-site" for DC. Fan sites come and go so we never know when that feature on the fan site might disappear.

Your welcome.

I would still like your suggested feature to be "on-site" for DC. Fan sites come and go so we never know when that feature on the fan site might disappear.

Yes, exactly.

I remember I used to use a certain site all the time to post my dragons, then it just went caput, with no warning at all! So having this feature in game would still be very useful. smile.gif

I like this idea. Wouldn't use it, but I like it.

Maybe there would also be a list of dragons with _ amount of children?

I keep all of my dragons on paper and each has a breeding page of it's own.

I''m starting to resort now, and my paper is sorted that way too.

If I breed a pair of dragons, they're considered mated for life, if they breed and

don't have an egg, then I note this on the breeding page. If I try to mate a pair and they refuse each other, this is shown on each dragons written sheet, so I don't accidently try to breed them to each other again.

Before I breed any dragon for the first time, I make sure it's either cb or I check the lineages very carefully, so I don't inbreed. I'm also trying to stay to no more than 4 generations, unless they're in a project I'm working on.

When I first started playing this game, I grabbed most of my eggs out of the AP and didn't pay attention to lineages of if they were inbred or not. Now in my old age, I

am being more careful with my breeding.

As I resort, I'm going to put all of my inbred dragons in one place, so they aren't bred again for any reason. There is an exception to this rule though. My reds, pinks and magi aren't bred in any particular fashion, as, I only use them for, reds to incubate, pinks to influence and magi to transport. I'm not interest in the purples for what ever they do. Thus I don't care if they're inbred or not.