Aquenee

Minesweeper

^this. Unless you clicked restart, then there's the chance on clicking on a mine on the first try.

Did you know that if you click with both right and left mouse buttons on a number square, while having the same number of flags as the number on the square around it, it'll click on all the squares around the number for you? I mean if you stick a flag on a wrong area you blow up everything, but it's useful when you're on a 1 square and you're certain the mine's over there so you clear everything around you faster.

Also there is fic about Minesweeper. I remember I read one long ago, where the smileys were all separate "people" with their own personalities and such; clicking on a mine meant that the smiley whose turn was up would die, and the latest smiley who survived all through Expert mode was the king. The king could choose which smiley to go up, or he could pick a lotto, and there was this new king who was so nice he couldn't choose who had to take the chance to die, so he did the lotto thing and a young smiley ended up being picked, who incidentally had been friendly to the new king. So the king couldn't send her out on Expert mode and he ended up freezing the computer in the outside world. If the Player got too frustrated he'd reboot the computer, which would reboot the smileys' reality and the king went to some holy smiley council and something something I forgot :[

Oh look at that rambling

I'm assuming this would go in video games, and I found nothing on the search.

Minesweeper, the one game I can play for hours when I am bored out of my mind. xd.png

My fastest time for beginner is 10 secs.

I rarely ever play Intermediate(I usually do advanced or beginner) so my time there is only 132 secs.

As for advanced, I have come very close but I haven't won a single advanced game just yet >.<

So, any sort of strategies you guys use?

I've got 15 as my general record.

<.< Then I found Solitaire and play that instead of Minesweeper.

When I do play, my strategy is to click all four corners, then work.

i hate when u play a new game and ur first click is a mine its happened a lot to me fml

And yes, in response to the earlier comment about 1 click mines. I HAVE opened up the game and my first click (in a corner) is a mine. It happens often. dry.gif

Edited by SkylerFarrier

I actually find that starting on a corner/edge square leads to losing much, much faster. The chance of running into a forced-guess scenario is much, much higher at the sides than in the centre, because when the same patterns of numbers appear in the middle you can usually work your way around it and solve it using the other side of the clump.

Edited by Lythiaren

I really love this game! X3

I usually play it on the side when I watch things on YouTube.

I don't know my exact records but Beginner is around 9 and Intermediate is somewhere around 134.

I've never won Advanced though. xd.png

On Topic:

I usually just get really close to winning and then boom. I blow up. Failure. Lolz.

Off Topic: Notice how more people reply to topics if it's simply easy to answer or just has a bunch of people who already replied. Mostly because it's easy to answer and such.

that game is so addicting! I like to create customs then complete them though I've never seen 8s only 7s a few times..

I play minesweeper when I'm in the mood to really suck at something, lol. I think I've won maybe 2-3 games of minesweeper in my entire life.

If I tried making a minesweeper guide, how you guys react? wink.gif 'Cause I'm thinking of it, but it's time consuming and frankly, college life doesn't allow much freedom.

my best for beginner was 7seconds

intermediate i don't remember since the last time the file was erased

expert is currently 195, I actually just beat my old one on last friday the 18th

i like to play minesweeper when i'm thinking of what to do or waiting for friends to get online

lately i've been doing it at night when i'm deciding if i want to go to bed or not, if i play a couple games and my actions make sense i stay up

but when i don't feel tired and my hand just keeps misclicking i just go to bed

i hate when i KNOW that a spot is a mine but my hand thinks: "you know what? i'm going to left click this spot haha"

Oh dear Heavens.. Minesweeper.

I don't know what to say about it; the game had managed to bring much frustration upon me. I'm not very good at solving puzzles or the sort.

Though I suppose it's quite a way to spend time if you're good at it.

Ah, I used to like putting on some good music on my headphones and just zoning out playing Minesweeper or Bejeweled. I haven't done it lately, though.