Rockin' On

"Lets Make Some Magic"

Thanks Rockin'On, "it's so nice to have Rockin'On back in town"

And now I have got a Majix, from set #4, with a choice of mates

just waiting for him to grow up.

WOOT 2 Xs!!

ANOTHER SURPRISE GIFTING>>> rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

PM ASAP If you want to claim an egg from pair # 5(please refer to first page of thread) for all the names & numbers of starting pairs!

I Have a Dragon to Donate!"Magic" starter egg

Breed:MAJI

Owner/Breeder Donating:Rockin' On

Link:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/RtSXl

Claimed by Jayme !! WOAH! A good day for new eggs!

Edited by Rockin' On

HEAR YE MEMBERS!

NEWS FLASH!!

A BANNER DAY!! WHOA!! IM DONE AFTER THIS!LOL! FOUR STARTER EGGS TODAY... xd.png

I Have a Dragon to Donate! "magic' egg

Breed:Sunsong(pair # 3 offspring)

Link:http://dragcave.net/lineage/pVOAA

Jayme has claimed & been gifted this egg! biggrin.gif

Edited by Rockin' On

What sort of different theme would the swallowtail have? Maybe Magical Familiar or something on that line?

I Have a New Dragon!

Breed:Daydream

Owner/Breeder: Sir Barton

Name of New Dragon: Meconomancy

Link: Meconomancy

My vote was first to be counted, but when will ending of vote be for tally-up?

And thanks for Perfect Mate for Daydream... will be anxious for her to grow up.

Edited by grammydragon

waiting to see how interested /and/or how voting goes LOL biggrin.gif

ALSO WE NEVER DID GET ENOUGH VOTES RE: SKYWING AS LINEAGE BREED..AND WITH POLL,I APPRECIATE ANY POSTS/FEEDBACK FROM MEMBERS! THIS MAY AFFECT YOU!

HELLO?? ANYONE OUT THERE?? NO OPINIONS ON LINEAGE?? I CAN MAKE ALL DECISIONS IF YOU ALL ARE BUSY...

just in case, because sven64 does not have separate forum account, the

poll does not accept his vote.

He wants to vote YES on Swallowtail as is.

He votes YES on Skywing and also YES on Shallow waters.

Edited by grammydragon

I would have to argue that skywings are as magical as waters, so why not include them? I mean in all honesty we are talking about dragons; by their very definition they are magical creatures. Personally don't see why deep seas couldn't be included.

Hi, sorry I'm late "Voting" (and I didn't give an opinion on the previous breed selections either tongue.gif)

Like Sir Barton says, all dragons are Magical and if the criteria is peaceful then it's probably easier to make an "Excluded from Lineage" list with those?

I didnt like the idea of the Bluna's or Shallow Waters (as that would have included their parents by default) but didn't voice a "No" as some others clearly wanted to add their magic biggrin.gif and I don't want to spoil it for anybody.

Nebula's to me are some of the most magical - will they possibly be included at some stage, or was there a decision not to?

So back on Swallowtail topic, if they were included it would be fine by me; I can't see why they should have special conditions though...

~GF

Edit: Before I forget I wanted to mention, I don't inbreed and I know the lineage rules here also state No inbreeding. so been thinking, if all the lineage dragons are descendants of the 6 Starter pairs it makes it very difficult to swap (same breeds) eggs with members as they will be related? We might need more "Pairs" RO! biggrin.gif hehe Wouldnt it be easier to have A descendant of a starting pair as Entry to the lineage and from there continue with Cb's appropriately named? - just a thought.

Edited by GForce

I have a 2nd generation "perfect mate" egg to donate!If you need a Majix 2nd generation to breed to your starter/or misc ....PM ASAP!Thx!

I Have a Dragon to Donate!2nd gen. Majix egg

Breed:Majix

Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/LNc1I

CLAIMED BY SIR BARTON..in teleport!! YAY

Edited by Rockin' On

GForce, I am a little confused by your posting on the breeding/sharing. When

I am receiving or giving a Magic bred egg, it will not be mated to another

starter Magic egg. The new breeder would use his own grown mates. So there

should be no inbreeding at all.

Or am I missing something?

congrats Sir Barton, "fastest PM on the DC"

Edited by grammydragon

Maybe I'm Confused... Rockin' On asked me to clarify as well so I thought best to do it here biggrin.gif Example:

"Starting Pairs - These are the founders of the lineage. All other dragons will be descendants of these."

Lineage Member 1 Receives Starter Eggs from the following Pairs:

#6 -White Pair (Guineveire kept the Faith x Faithfully kept the White Magick)

#1 - Daydream Pair (Lake Lady kept the Faith x Petal to the winds)

They Breed and produce 3rd Generation Egg C

Lineage Member 2 Receives Starter Eggs from the following Pairs: As Well..

#6 -White Pair (Guineveire kept the Faith x Faithfully kept the White Magick)

#1 - Daydream Pair (Lake Lady kept the Faith x Petal to the winds)

They Breed and produce 3rd Generation Egg D

After doing this for a few generations Lineage members want to swap eggs, perhaps from the same Breed and Colouring etc. as to personal preference = Egg C, E, D,F etc. will be Related = Inbreeding?

Grammy, even if one mates with an "own grown mate", surely at least from One side of the Ancestry there has to be a Starter if the above is followed strictly, so even if you and I swap 5th Gen eggs from the Same Breed - As in White x Something else, they are both respectively guaranteed to be related to pair #6 Guineveire kept the Faith x Faithfully kept the White Magick ?

Or what is it that 'm understanding wrong, maybe having a momentary lapse of reason, I'm not sure - but Very possible! biggrin.gif

However, if we don't have to follow as I understood it - "All other dragons will be descendants of these." and can collect, name and pair ANY Non descendants (without pairing to a Descendant EVER) then there clearly will be no problem.

That means though that a Starter egg is only to gain "membership" to the lineage (if you will) as NOT ALL dragons will be descendants, Will they?

~GF

Edited to add Non descendant bits...

Edited by GForce

That means though that a Starter egg is only to gain "membership"  to the lineage (if you will) as NOT ALL dragons will be descendants, Will they?

Okay, Read the Update - thanks Rockin' On for the Edit on the front page. It might just be me but then I can be compulsive about stuff, so sorry! I understand / actually understood before too - but my problem was / is that this:

"....with time & using other allowed breeds its obviously not possible to keep ALL offspring as direct ancestors"

Contradicts this:

"....All other dragons will be descendants of these..."

Chapter closed, Draggies open for Breeding smile.gif Sorry for quoting and double posting, but I thought the previous post might become too long if I didn't. tongue.gif

No more wonky lineage breeding fetishes today..it SAYS,ALL of the beginning lineage will have these ancestors UNTIL..ETCETCETC...VERY CLEAR to me..but its a bit like telling why the sky turns from blue to black...day & night?

No,I didnt SPELL it out at first,I said the breeds would be able to be introduced,and everyone KNOWS its impossible to keep a REAL lineage going with a few starter eggs..I would be breeding every single breed of egg,and the topic would be soooo complicated/convoluted,it is a simple lineage I wanted to have..but,sometimes it is not everyones understanding of YOUR(MINE actually!) psychic wishes,so Ive tried to make it more clear for anyone that is a bit "confused" by the few rules we have..and I would LIKE to KEEP it as simpe & FUN as possible,but any questions will be given due consideration,regardless of what or why they are asked...please,raise your hand if any questions! Otherwise youll never really KNOW,right??! biggrin.gif

Its all good..hope the edit helped!!? unsure.gifsmile.gif

Rockin' On

PS..And YES,I ABSOLUTELY expect that members USE/BREED & have offspring with any/all of their STARTER EGGS(MAGIC eggs as it were)! So..no,its NOT just to gain membership,its for breeding your first eggs,etc..AND to be a good member by wanting the starter pairs as a part of your lineage...ANCESTRY as well,obviously is VERY important! I have my first FAITHFUL lineage dragons & cherish them!

Edited by Rockin' On

I Have a Dragon to Donate!

Breed: Sunsong

Owner/Breeder Donating: Sir Barton

Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/RgZk0

Second gen PB sunsong that would make a lovely mate for some magical dragon. laugh.gif Please PM me if you want to give the pretty new baby a home. Thanks.

CLAIMED by Grammy! Enjoy. *hugs*

Edited by Sir Barton

<snip>

After doing this for a few generations Lineage members want to swap eggs, perhaps from the same Breed and Colouring etc. as to personal preference = Egg C, E, D,F etc. will be Related = Inbreeding?

GForce I think you are misunderstanding. You could collect other dragons from the Magick line but you wouldn't breed them with each other. Well you could if you want to "muddy" their lineages with inbreds.

I have many Dorkface and Thuwed dragons but I certainly don't breed them to dragons with Dorkface or Thuwed in their lineages as that would cause inbreeding.

Haven't been over here in awhile, guys--sorry about that. Rockin' On, please know my Faithful eagle eye will be on this thread in the future full time if you need anything. smile.gif

For now...I want to announce that (since my husband is a professional magician) I've decided to name all of my dragons from this line after famous magicians. smile.gif So here we go!

I Have a New Dragon!

Breed: Sunsong

Owner/Breeder: Trekwriter

Name of New Dragon: Magic of Michael Ammar

Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/7Jap

BTW, did I mention that I promise to follow all lineage rules? (Surely there's no one who would join this thread that wouldn't or face the wrath of the mods.) But just in case. wink.gif

And YAY we have banners--LOVE IT! :: runs off to snatch one ::

I have an egg request. smile.gif

I was not able to get an egg from my Magic this week, but would be interested in receiving a White egg from anyone who has one from Rockin On's starter pair. (I think she has already bred for the week.)

Can anyone else breed me one?

In return I am open to breeding requests or can offer an egg from my Magic Sunsong next week.

Just an update..not an absolute!! At this point,I am thinking that the breed "Swallowtail" would be fine in our lineage just as they are..like all other allowed breeds,right?

I dont want to get things to difficult with wierd rulesmwhen its fine to leave things basically as they are..am I hearing "agreement" or BOOS!??

Let me kmow any thoughts on skywing breed,and also swallowtail...we are looking to add one and or both...so,say what you think!! LOL! laugh.gif

Rockin' On

Sorry Trek..cant breed for another 2 days on the white dragons... sad.gif Hope you get a egg from another member..if they are breeding,you should have no problem..also,Ive listed WHO has WHICH egg on first post,so..your donors are on THAT page..LOL!

Edited by Rockin' On

Trekwriter,

My White Starter and White perfect mate have had "no interest" every time

I try. They are going to be changed as soon as I can get another 2nd gen white

mate ready.

Rockin'On, hearing agreement from both of us.

you have agreement from me.I do not have the white pair egg yet but I do have a daydream which can be bred if someone would like my others are not grown yet.

Well,Trek..if nobody can get an egg for you,it shouldnt be long before Ive got breedable dragons..AGREEABLE? Well..thats not for me to say as of yet wink.gif

Im sure an egg can be gotten sooner than later..and ..that is so hilarious that your hubby is a MAGICIAN@!!! ROFL!! Things happen in funny ways in life..but,Ill be trying to find a breedable pair ASAP!

And thx to grammydragon & Jayme for their votes in agreement..**runs to make a checkmark on wall of lists!! ** Not realy...my walls are too full of STUFF to write on them! biggrin.gif

Rockin' On