Oddsoxdi

How Have You Changed Hunting Techniques?

Just that. Have your egg-nabbing techniques changed since the Biomes came around, and if so, how? Do you stay in one Biome (like the Desert) til it empties out then march around to all the others in order? Or do you stay in one Biome all the time? Do you enter the Cave with a specific 'prey' in mind - or just go and grab what looks good (like at the deli)?

even with only 50 people hanging around I still have trouble grabbing those blacks..then again my internet used to be faster. Looks like it's time for an upgrade. I usually stay in one biome until it empties out, but sometimes I get bored and bounce around. My first biome I check is desert and then hop to the forest biome. I usually peek at the volcano and alpine too.

Right now the only CBs I'm after are rares, so I'll click all the biomes in order, it's easier than refreshing =P

My internet connection is pretty boggy. They've oversold for my area, so what should be zippy is freakin' slow. Knowing that, I generally pop into an area that moves quickly, like the desert, and catch what I can that looks interesting. I'm not snagging anything particularly rare though. I don't even see cb blacks and such.

I also figure that if I haven't seen anything interesting within the first two minutes, I'm not going to. If I had more time to hunt, I'd hang around longer. Another technique is to make sure I have at least two or three slots for eggs, because I can pick up a slow moving egg to get it out of the way. Before the new features I never had room to do that.

(and yes, I then drop it into the AP in five hours. tongue.gif)

I go for prey first, if I don't see what I want after a few minutes then I piddle around in random bios until something good pops up, or if I have room I'll take one of the eggs that have been sitting for a while. The Desert is almost always empty when I'm hunting...

I used to hunt at random times during the day, but now I only look on the hour for about 10 minutes. I've caught a CB black and a Leetle tree since the biomes appeared(and lots of commons). Mostly I check desert, alpine and forest.

I wanted to edit and say that I just caught a CB SILVER! I'm over the moon and love the new biomes. biggrin.gif

Edited by ValidityMarsh

I usually stay in the desert biome(mostly for reds) until it empties out, then I check the others. I will usually stay in the forest, as currently, it has enough that interests me without quite the problem of blockers that the alpine and volcano regions have. One of the major changes is that I actually hunt the AP. I rarely hunted the AP before the changes.

Edited by Nectaris

I usually hunt the desert unless it starts to lag badly, I also now properly hunt, the amount of cheese and chickens I have been able to catch and then gift/trade have been good for me. I am yet to catch the elusive black or metallics but an epic first for me is to have seen them as under the old system never saw a metallic. I like the changes and have changed my habits but wish I was a faster clicker

I quit stalking the desert because everyone stalks the desert... I've had better luck clicking between the forest and jungle, some nice stuff shows up there. Caught a CB black and CB stripe.

I also just generally click around, alpine and volcano, becuase I get trios.

The only biome I don't really touch is the coast, lol.

Never seen a CB metallic though.

I'm looking in all of them, and if i see something that someone else might pick up fast, i start refreshing that biome smile.gif I've got a bunch of really nice eggs that way :3

I usually stay in the Desert until it empties out, searching for the elusive CB black, then switch to Alpine to hunt for ices. I also click through the other biomes just to see what's there. When I'm looking for random CB commons, I hunt the AP for them first, since so many people are grabbing and dropping them to keep the biomes moving. And, as always, I pick up all the gray eggs I see in the AP looking for pretty lineages, especially even-gen silver x gray.

I like to hunt in the AP when I don't have a specific breed in mind, but if I'm looking for certain CBs, I'll have a few in mind and click between biomes.

I hunt in the AP and the Desert biome. I know it's the one most everyone hunts in, but I saw a CB Silver go through and a few CB Blacks, so I'm hoping to find a CB Gold one day.

I click each biome in order, over and over again. So far I've seen on CB silver, caughe a couple of CB blacks, lots of Glory eggs, and Dinos. I catch many more rares now. biggrin.gif

I usually check the Volcano first and then just jump around from one biome to another.

Have seen blacks, but so far no metallics.

I haven't changed my hunting technique at all and have seen more blacks in the forest biome than any other o.0

I haven't changed much since the biome change, mostly since I've taken a break from being on the hunt for rares, and just taking it easy by stocking up on the six pygmy families so I can make nice looking lineages.

I've yet to see a metallic since the change, but it has been painful missing those few CB Blacks. I've always had one male, and it'd be very nice to have a female.

I click each in order when I'm not looking for anything specific. When I'm hunting for a particular breed I click each biome that breed has been known to show up in. It loads quicker than if I stick in one biome and refresh, for some reason. I wouldn't say my technique has changed that much, though I no longer need quite as much patience to hunt. There are many more interesting eggs available now that the biomes have been implemented.

Edited by Goslander

I mainly stay away from the biomes. It makes me paranoid that I could be hunting one and a rare could come up in another. Then I start to switch between all the biomes so fast that I don't look at the eggs anymore. So I'm content to stalking the AP. >_>;

I usually stalk all the biomes till I find something good.

I tend to stalk the desert at the top of each hour. And stay there until it clears out, since it doesn't stay clogged with commons for very long.

After the desert's emptied, I jump around all of the other biomes to try and see if I can nab something good. So far that hasn't really happened though~

I apparently do what most of you do - hit the Desert at the top of the hour til it empties out - I've seen a LOT of CB Blacks etc there AND a Silver! The one Gold I've seen since the Great Change was in the Alpine biome. I've been able to snag a CB Ice (!) and hub has been lucky enough to grab CB Magma and Thunder. After the Desert clears, I click between the others. Since the Great Change, I've been more able to grab CB eggs than before - but, to me, the AP doesn't seem to be quite as 'rich' as it once was.

^Wow. :0 Ever since the biomes, I haven't seen any metallics, Blacks, or any legendaries besides Thunders in the desert ( which I have not yet been able to grab ;.=.; ).

Edited by Alpha Gryph

I usually use split windows of google chrome with an addition of auto reload and internet speed of 5 Mbitps, thats enough to ocassionally catch a CB rare, i caught 2 cb ice, cb magma and cb thunder during past two weeks, aswell as 3 papers, 2 chickens, 3 cheeses, a dino and a leetle tree

i commonly keep three biomes open, desert, alpine and volcano