NinjaPanther

The Wizard's Dragons

(( Starting. BTW I'm tired, so this won't be so good ))

Graia's light sea green eyes fluttered open to the sound of humans. She sniffled and whipped her nose with a paw. "It wasn't a nightmare" She told herself while getting onto her feet, shaking. It was freezing! There was only trees to keep her warm. She turned her little head and saw many people pointing at her and either laughing or talking in high pitched squeaks.

The little storm growled and flapped her wings. She looked up at the roof and sighed, her wizard had these, and they couldn't fly out. She yapped and looked over at the humans with slit eyes.

-----------

Sayna was already awake looking outside the glass windows and fences. She growled and suddenly heard yips of joy and spun her body around. A group of dragons were surrounding something. She trudded forward and tried to peak in, but all she smelt was meat. Me- Oh! Meat! She ducked her head in and took a bit, chomping it up as she left by zipping into the air with her magic. There was no way out.. The roof was too strong.

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Jimmy watched the dragons eat the meat he had tossed through the narrow slit into the cave. He could not believe that, not long ago, dragons were considered "mythical" creatures in the modern world. But now, here was this huge group of them, in captivity no less! Unquestionable proof of the existence of things beyond the comprehension of science. It blew his mind, and his mind was not a small one. Jimmy was smart, very smart. His poor grades in his last year of high school only reflected on his short attention span and even shorter patience with the teachers and foolish ideas they presented. There were so many easier ways to work that problem, to memorize that pattern, to word that sentence. But they couldn't understand that. Always by the book. Well, today, as the saying goes, "here be dragons." Completely NOT by the book. He smiled in spite of himself. Just the thought of dragons made him happy. What else had humans not discovered about the world? He sighed slowly. He could do nothing about them though. They were captives, much like him, in a world of people who thought they were their superiors. But they would learn...

-----

Moloch watched the dragons attacking the meat with something akin to quiet contempt. So soon they had lost all semblance of respect for themselves, some of them at least. He had not quite resigned himself to his captivity yet, regardless of how he appeared. He was patient, ancient, with more years than most of these dragons had ever seen. He could bide his time, wait for his chance. Until then, he would wait until these dragons finished ravaging their meal, and nourish himself off the remainder.

Callidus opened his crimson eyes and at the sound of the comotion caused by the feeding dragons. He looked down from his ledge jutting out of the side of this atificial cave. He had climbed up here to get away from the others and rest to get his mind straight. Now these other creatures who dared call themselves dragons sat squabbling over old meat like a bunch of vultures. An irritated hiss escaped his throat as he shook his head and spread his wings. "Apparently this is still to close," he muttered to himself as he leaped into the air and flew to a ledge as close to the top and as far away from the other dragons as possible.

Sayna was soon watching overhead from a ledge with a cave behind her. She sighed and watched as another dragon landed on the ledge 20 meters from hers. Her head plopped onto her paws as she sighed and watched with disbelief. "I miss him" She muttered and looked over at the dragon again, then back at the "vultures".

Drecard Cain watched as the others seemed to slowly lose their minds due to such a strange environment. He noticed that some of the smaller dragons seemed more frightened of the new realm that they were in.

He noticed young Graia as she seemed to become saddened by their state of being. He simply smiled and said, "Fear not little one, for amongst those humans are honorable hero's who wish to help us. I know not of a way out of here but seeing as my magic has been blocked I can not be of any help in getting us out. I can, however, provide stories of sorts to keep the mind from being intimidated by these hairless ape's. At least that is what they seem to act like half the time." Dracard Cain went silent for a time before looking over at Moloch.

"Well friend it seems that we are amongst the few who still have a solid head on their shoulders. May hap we can consult with each other to figure out a way to escape this prison."

----

Rogan was wearing his usual attire, Red shirt, silver pant's, and a Black Cloak. Yeah he stuck out like a sore thumb at a hammer convention but he felt that there was something going on at the local zoo that was FAR beyond ones own mind. He had managed to get into the Zoo and soon found out what all the commotion was about.

"Dragon's... HERE!!!... I never thought that I would see real dragons. So much I have read and yet there is much that I still do not know." Rogan began talking to himself but was being ignored by everyone around him. After looking at the faces of the dragons he could tell that some of them were sad, others of them were calm, while a few seemed to be furious about their situation.

"They don't seem to like it here." Rogan said looking over the railing when suddenly he feels the sapphire eye's of one of the dragons looking at him.

Turning his head to the left he saw a bright orange dragon with a strange rune like mark on the side of it's head. Upon closer inspection revealed that the dragon had Sapphire Eyes and seemed to be very old and showed vast wisdom beyond human comprehension. Rogan suddenly feels something in his mind snap.

Instantly he turns around and starts yelling at the people to go away and leave the place. He is yelled at by half the people to shut up and a few others actually move forward to haul him off.

Rogan glared at the people and knocked several of the people, walking towards him, down in his sudden rage state. A few seconds later he calms down and sees that everyone had left and Security was on it's way heading right for him.

*"Do not worry they won't do anything to harm you. Or to keep you out of this place."* Rogan shook his head wondering if he was hearing things when he looked back at the orange dragon with the Sapphire eyes and the strange rune like marking.

Rogan saw what he could only call a smile form on the dragon's face as it turned away to face another dragon near by.

"What just happened." Rogan said just as the security guards hauled off three people who seemed to have brought weapons with them into the Zoo.

Rogan saw the weapons and recognized them as Dragon Slayer swords from all the books he had read about dragons. Apparently there were some people in this world who wanted to kill a dragon and have a name made for themselves.

Rogan left the sight of the Dragon's Cave and started for the main gates when an idea crossed his mind. I should help them he thought and so he decided to hide somewhere in the Zoo and wait for nightfall.

((B-ringer or rider or whatever did))

Jack was still at the zoo studying the dragons. He walked near the front of of it and a grown man shouting. he let the security go but apparently they were going after the so called 'dragon slayers'. "good job. do not let anymore of those psychotic freaks in here."he said to the chief.He walked over to the food slit and put in what fatties called a delicacy. He put in some fried chicken and on the side, some macaroni. It was more of a test the a regular feeding but most would accept anything they could get. he noticed that some and others did not go after it and put in some raw chicken meat in the other feeding station to test that. He liked the dragons and at the least he could put a variety of food in there.

((super switch))

Elferd was starting to wake up from what he knew was a fake cave. softer rocks, small cage,and strange people crowding around. he walked out of the cave to see a lot of things changed but the one he noticed was that there was a new food in there.I haven't eaten in days he thought. he walked over to the raw food and took a bite, only to see a human.It obviously was not his master but he was very intelligent to know that dragons do not like humans. Cages are over rated. he took a bite of the raw food which was surprisingly better then he usually got from his master. He finished the bite he was on and flew to the top of the cave he was on. Staring at what most could call slave drivers but he knew better then that.

Edited by 9pmg5665

Jimmy watched the scene play out in front of the dragon cave with interest. If there were men who already sought to kill the dragons, is it possible dragon lore had survived past mythology before these dragons had shown up in the flesh? Were there still those who knew of dragons before this happened? "But where..." He thought, "Where could I find someone who can tell me more about them?" His thoughts changed into an audible mumble, "After all, how are we to learn from them if they're kept locked in a cage!" In his mind, he began to plot, the workings of a plan beginning to form.

------------

Moloch looked at this Drecard Cain fellow for awhile, trying to figure out what to make of him. Then he bared his sharp teeth in a wicked smile, pumped his wings and said, "If I were to plan on escaping this hell, I would not need your help to do it... youngling." He finished with a piercing growl. The assumption that the other dragon was his younger and his inferior was clearly intended as an insult.

Callidus watched as the other dragons began to settle down. He finally had a chance to think. "How could this have happened?" he wondered out loud. He left off his thoughts to watch the magi and hellfire dragons. They appeared to be speaking of escape but it seemed a rather one sided discussion so the green soon lost interest and preened at his massive leathery wings for a bit. He then noticed a commotion among the humans. Some were being drug away, clutching something in their hands. Dragon slaying blades! "Murderers! They mean to trap us and kill us all!" Callidus thought furiously, "Well I'd like to see one of those mammals try for my life!" He snarled angerly and rose to his feet, spreading his wings and roaring loudly. He then caught himself in his rage and managed to subdue it, settling back down on his ledge. Only then did he notice the tiny silver dragon on a ledge about 20 meters from his own.

Edited by Drakossozh

Drecard Cain shook his head at the arrogance of the other dragon knowing full well that there was one dragon back in their own realm who was FAR older than any of the ones here. His name was ELDER or at least that is what he went by. His age surpassed well beyond 700 billion years and he saw dragons who were less than 500 million years as mere hatchlings who were still learning of the world.

Drecard looked around the cave before getting to his feet and climbing up to a ledge higher up from the ground. This way he could keep an eye on everything that went on inside and outside the cave.

((I have decided not to use my human, and yes I accepted mal))

Lana awoke from her uncomfortable spot in the farthest corner of the cave. Graarl was already awake and was standing in front of her. He looked back at her, moving his head a fraction of an inch. Lana yawned then stood up and licked her claws clean, going through her morning cleaning routine. Graarl stepped back to let her pass, as usual not saying anything. "Thanks," Lana said as she passed him. He replied with an almost imperceptible nod. She walked outside onto a ledge, with Graarl following her. She saw that they had gotten food, and walked over next to a Magi dragon with a unique marking. "Hello," she said to the dragon as she started eating the meat left in the feeding place.

Drecard Cain heard the voice of a young female dragon and looked down from his ledge to see the little one as she began to eat.

Some how I must do what I can to at least help the little ones escape. I truly miss the face of my daughter Shinestra. That young man who seemingly lost his mind and started yelling at people to leave... Perhaps... Maybe he could be of use in getting us out of here and back to our own realm. He would deserve a reward for his assistance though.

Drecacrd Cain looked up from the feeding place and began scanning the milling crowd for the person wearing the black cloak. As he looked he did not see the unusual human anywhere amongst the crowd.

He returned his attention back to the other dragons and how he was going to save them from this place. That was when he saw the stone dragon Graarl standing close by to his granddaughter.

It always was hard to find him amongst natural rocks. Drecard shook his head and looked down at the young dragoness eating what was left of the meat.

Moloch unfurled his wings and jumped down from the ledge he had been perched on. As he landed, the smaller, younger dragons scattered. He snapped up a few pieces of meat before slinking off to a corner to think.

"These fools," He thought, "Settling into captive life as if they had nothing else to look to. Fools..."

his eyes drifted around the vast cave, past the natural rock outcroppings and to the grated fences which kept them in view of the humans. When they had first arrived, the dragons had pummeled the grates for all they were worth but it had not made a dent in the reinforced human construction. Moloch snarled. How could any pitiful human create something that would contain a dragon, especially a dragon as ancient as he and some of the others? No, it would not contain them for long.

--------------------

Jimmy wandered around to the front of the cage, looking at the dragons with interest. He eyed all the different types of dragons, as diverse as the types of cats or dogs he was familiar with. Large ones and smaller ones, all different colors. He was amazed. He tried to catch the eye of any dragon that wandered close to the grated opening, hoping one of them would hold his gaze. Perhaps they would understand that he wished to help.

Rogan had found a good place to hide but decided to wait till the zoo actually closed before actually hiding. He decided to head back to the dragon cave to see if everything was alright with them.

On his way back to the artificial cave Rogan saw a person admiring the dragons and looking from each one to another. Rogan was wondering what he was doing but did not question anything yet. He had already gotten three people thrown out of the zoo and he did not want to cause another commotion until he had to make his move to free the dragons.

Upon reaching the railing Rogan looked into the cave and instantly saw the orange dragon with the strange mark on it's head laying on a ledge watching everything inside and outside the cave. As if the dragon knew Rogan was there it looked at him then looked down at the younger dragons who had crowded at the base of the ledge it was on.

Rogan could only deduce that the dragon must have been telling a story to the younger dragons. At which Rogan was curious as to what kind of story it was.

---

Drecard Cain had been telling a story to the younger dragons about a young human and two dragons, who had saved an entire city of dragons from destruction's end by a fearsome creature who called himself The Oblivion Lord. It was right in the middle of his tale that he sensed Rogan approach the railing to their prison within this cave.

"What happened to the hero's next Master Cain?" one of the hatchlings asked with a wondering look of curiosity on her face. Dracard looked back at the young dragons and smiled and said in a slightly louder voice so that Rogan, and possibly that other fellow who kept studying them like some kind of experiment, could hear them.

"Well... Once they reached the Mount Kuragari they were faced with several creatures far stronger than any they had encountered thus far. The monsters wielded what would have been a two handed flanged spiked mace these creatures wielded them with one hand and the weapons glowed with a black red aura that spoke of dark magics. The young boy who was named Zereth stepped forwards with his sword that shined with an aura of silver. The two dragons stepped up beside him one named Mirathak the other Miran..." The story continued on to the end leaving the young dragons smiling, cheering, and stating that they were going to be like one of the three characters in the story.

Ah... the rewarding sound of an enthralled audience... Little do they know that story is a true tale... I wonder if that story has lasted to this day. Drecard closed his eyes and smiled before laying his head down on the rock ledge to think.

---

Rogan was speechless as he heard the whole story in the obvious tones of a male voice. He was entranced by the story and also knew the tale by heart after finding it some odd time ago on a strange web site called Ancient Dragon Lore and Stories.

It was a little bit before Fortuna awoke, long enough to miss out on most of the meat that was thrown in to them. However, when she awoke, meat was the last thing on her mind. The little pigmy dragon looked up, her mouth falling open in shock at seeing the unfamiliar surroundings. It was a cave of some sort, yet it didn't smell like one. It smelled of metal and cleaners and strange animals and humans. Strange humans she had never smelled before. Granted, the only one who's scent she had known was the wizard's scent. To smell so many new scents at once was overwhelming to the little pigmy. She spread her wings and flew for the opening of the cave.

Thunk! She rebounded from the glass covering it and fell to the ground in a small heap. Rubbing her head and groaning, she looked up. There was no way out this way, glass sealed them off. She took to her wings again, and began flying around in the artificial cave. There was little of interest. Here a barred vent, there a locked iron door, somewhere else a slit for passing food in through. There was a pool of water, fresh, but smelling unnatural. Yet for all her flying and searching, she could find no way out. Worried and fearful, she landed again, blowing a puff of smoke out from her snout. Was she a prisoner? A captive? Or worse, she didn't know.

Her belly rumbled for food, but there was little of the meat left, and the mean Hellfire Wyvern had taken most of what was left. Instead, she looked around to see who else was there. There were a few friendly dragons with her, and a couple not so friendly ones. She recognized one of them soon, a magi dragon named Drecard Cain. He always told good stories, and she liked listening to them while growing up. She still did really, only recently did she come to adulthood, and she still felt very young and inexperienced. Especially now. She trotted over to him, where he was telling an old favorite tale about the human and the two dragons. Still feeling fearful and worried, she lay down near Drecard Cain to listen to the story. She could use some cheering up, especially since finding herself trapped in the strange not-cave cave.

Lana finished eating, swallowing the last of the meat in the container. Belatedly she remembered that she was going to save some for the small pygmy who had just woken up. She listened in to Drecard's story, but she knew it well and couldn't help getting bored. Graarl nudged her gently from behind in the direction of the people, and she decided to go and see who they were. Head hanging low, she ambled over to the glass divider, which she had discovered earlier that morning when she had run into it. Stupid wall, she muttered, then tilted her head to the side, trying to get the human out of her blind spot. She stared, because the human seemed to be looking straigh into her eyes, as if he was trying to memorize it. She put her front paws up on the glass and said loudly, so that he and the other human could hear, "Hello. Who are you?" Graarl came up behind her and murmered, "It is not good to talk to them. They might consider it as an act of violence. Remember, we have no idea about humans except for Nutoner, and we didn't talk to him." Lana whispered back, "I know, but they look nice enough. I want to know if they can understand us. I'm not a hatchling any more!" Graarl sighed and looked down, wandering off to find a crevasse big enough for him that he could watch Lana from.

Elferd was staring very intently at the dragons below him.how could they be so calm. they don't know where they are!. Elferd thought that was a bit ironic but he was used to it. Elferd flew right next to the different food and ate a leg.GROSS. He spat it out at the wall so hard ,that if it was wood , it wood have broke in two."Stupid wall!" Elferd started to claw at it as hard as he could. it didn't do any good but make some screeches.Elferd roared in pain and could have scared any body. he tried to breath fire on the wall but something had stopped him and he couldn't. He kept trying many ways to break, all ending in failure.

(( Draconic Transaltor if you ask: ))

Graia sighed and muttered something to herself. The little, grey hatchling staggered forward with pain in her leg- oh, why did it hurt? She muttered again and lay down on a rock. She could see a human peering inside at the orange dragon, but she was right in front of him.

"da da da da

wer keefum di dout molik lingers shafaer ve jaka

wux re probably shafaer dout thran spical ekess dout okarthel town

si rigluin creol shelter di sia kurjh protection suorra

ekess qe mrith sio vur kihlek, clarity

martivir, serenity

si charis wux vucot, si charis wux vucot

batobot nomeno tepohaic ehis ekess tir mrith wux

coi ui|ulph urgthumnum, sio vur si

yth tepoha itrewica creol straightenin' ekik ekess tir

vur si mi gonna llewarin wux hefoc vi vrak misses asta blanket

shar si tepoha itrewica ekess itrewic vi move shafaer mrith sia tobor

coi ui|ulph tairais ekess qe vi turalisj fanol jaka

vur turalisj fanoli tir ti ulnot

tir ti ulnot

tir ti ulnot

tir ti ulnot

wer donoap batobot si mi walking

si zklaen gethrisj loaw

si zklaen clax wer suorra steps 'til si mi gliiwr grown, gliiwr grown

fairytales tir ti agantal tepoha vi lotoc sultair, tir astahii?

vur si foresee wer whedab ahead sjek si zexenuma

hefoc wer moxt chaswh rumag persvek wer chaswh yard

yth geou lehhav jacks vur uno cards

si geou qe dout bensvelkilti thurirl vur wux geou qe sia valentine

axun wux shilta jilg sia cha'sid sjek wux tuor ekess

'cause si tuor ekess jilg douta kiri

yth geou qe playmates vur lovers vur ashne hesi irthos treskriri

shar coi ui|ulph tairais ihk ve ekess gethrisj okarthel

coi ui|ulph itrewicir late, whedab ifnitot

si rigluin ekess qe mrith sio vur kihlek, clarity

martivir, serenity

la da da da da da"

Graia sang beautifully into the dark night as the moon rise up, replacing the sun. She looked up. The song was called Big girls don't Cry. She was a big girl... she couldn't cry.

--

Callidus watched the other dragons below for a while. The hellfire wyvern sulking in his corner, the mag dragon telling a well known story to the younger dragons, and the sunset dragon attacking the wall of the cave. "Pitiful," he grumbled as he dove off his ledge toward the raging dragon. "Calm yourself you fool!" he snarled and he landed and cracked the other dragon across the snout with his tail. "You are doing more damage to yourself than the wall so give it up already. A dragon can't rely on strength alone to overcome life's troubles. A dragon must use his cunning as well." He grinned as he finished, "My name is Callidus. I propose that we work together to free ourselves and the others from this prison. What say you?" The sunset dragon looked on seemingly still stunned by the smack on the nose he had received and blood trickled from one nostril. Callidus sighed. "When you are done sitting there and staring come find me and let me know if you wish to work together or not" he said as he turned and walked towards the other dragons.

As he passed through them he heard singing coming from the little grey hatchling. He listened to her song until it was finished and then approached the youngster. "You have a beautiful voice little one'" he said comfortingly as he lay down a short distance from her and curled his tail around his body, "Tell me, what is your name?"It would take every dragon here, even the brutish hellfire wyvern, if they were to escape this place.

Moloch had decided that the humans were easily manipulated after watching them for awhile. He flicked his tail lazily as he smiled inwardly, thinking about how to achieve his goal. Perhaps the humans had grown so unaccustomed to the touch of another's thoughts in the years between his time and theirs that he could influence them with his own projected ideas. But of course that wouldn't work, he snarled back to himself. Even a fool can recognize the difference between his own thoughts and another's. But maybe... just maybe, if he were to befriend the right human, or at least make him sympathetic enough towards the dragons...

Moloch looked around at the dragons wandering around the cave, some with dazed looks on their faces and other's with looks of despair. They needed help desperately, but he knew he was not the one to give it. He would have to find one who could lead them out of this place and against the pitiful humans who sought to keep them captive... but which one of these, he wondered, as he began to pace in and about all the different dragons, snarling at any who tried to interrupt his thought process.

((being technical, that was godmodding, but I will let it go this time. You don't seem to have many total posts.))

"fine. but only because you are right. so far, Everybody knows that we can't breath fire,fly away, or claw our way out, but anybody could see that." He was a bit stunned from the tail hit but he was going to be fine. he heard the singing comeing froma small one. he got distracted by it but refocused on the task at hand."well the elders and small ones seem relaxed in this place. The elders have wisdom and the hatchlings are to small to care. Do you have an Idea ?