Chiaki

Things that make you happy

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Watching Tango's 'wigglebutt' when I arrive at work. She's one of my shop's dogs, and her tail is short so when she wags it, her whole butt wags, too. It's a great way to start my working day.

this is adorable!

(and i'm actually a cat person....)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Watching Tango's 'wigglebutt' when I arrive at work. She's one of my shop's dogs, and her tail is short so when she wags it, her whole butt wags, too. It's a great way to start my working day.

I always talk about the once-per-day or so "butt under scramble of joy"--when a dog just starts zooming around for the thrill of it all--Jake the Dachshund is doing it RIGHT NOW!  :D

>Seeing my guinea pig smile when he eats grapes, or when he purrs and falls asleep on my stomach.

>Cold room, warm bed, thunderstorm outside.

>Driving alone at night through light rain with some Frank Ocean on the speakers.

>Late summer night trips to Walmart with a friend then sitting outside talking around a bonfire for hours.

The summer cottage my father owns. It's a very old place with a rich history, my grandparents used to live there and dad took me there almost every year ever since I was a small child. It's sitting in the middle of near-untouched wilderness, I feel so happy and serene when I'm out there, surrounded by nature in every direction.

finishing a crochet project and being able to wear it the next day :)

Going back to work after a month-long absence and *all* my co-workers telling me they missed me and they are glad I'm back. Like serious warm fuzzies there! Oh, and also, going back to work after a month's absence assuming someone was doing my tasks during that time, but then finding out there is a *huge* stack of stuff for me to do 'cause no one else did! (My main tasks are not time-sensitive, so I guess they figured it could just wait for me, and I'm soooo happy about that!)

The fact that I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight. Thanks, genetics.

(1) Food

Seriously, whenever I get super upset or angry, I can just eat some candy or munch on some bread and I will feel much better almost instantly. I also like milkshakes and smoothies a lot.

(2) Research

Let me explain a bit...I basically love learning about history, and researching things I like puts me in a good mood. 

(3) Madoka Magica

Yep, I even have the mobile game (Magia Record). Playing the game and watching the series makes me...wel, hopeful.

(4) Music

Largely metal, hard rock, and some 'emo' songs. I can listen to that stuff all day...

(5) My Mom

We literally watch over one another, so spending time with her makes me happy.