Chiaki

Things that make you happy

This is a great thread. I was feeling depressed and I found it and it is making me feel better to concentrate on what makes me hgappy.

Reading novels. Being able to watch a whole show or movie without being interrupted. Playing mah-jong with friends and family using my mom's set. Having my bills paid, house clean and watching a fire in the fireplace as I just sit. Day dreaming. Chatting with friends. No pain.

Reading books.

Watching TV(anime, documentary, comedy show, anything)

Doodling something at note

Playing computer games

Being around horses, playing with any animal, reading a good book, succeeding at drawing something, re-rewatching TV episodes or movies that I like, cheesecake, salsa, finally sleeping after a highly stressful day, laughing at my roomie, "lecturing" about dimar, and derping around with descripdoomers online. biggrin.gif

Oh, and that *awesome* feeling when your Java code finally does what you wanted, after hours of screaming at the screen and desperately trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with it.

Thunderstorms. I love the sound of rain, of thunder, and the smell of petrichor. I love those days when it's rainy, but it's also sunny and warm. I love days when the air is cool, but the sun is warming. I love days that are quiet and windy, so all you hear is the sound of the wind rustling the leaves. I love going out in the woods and finding little animals--especially salamanders. I love wading through streams, doing the same thing. I love the feeling you get when a plan comes together and goes exactly how you want it to. I love playing video games and board games with friends. I love battling friends with the foam weapons I make. I love days when I actually have the patience to just sit there and watch my pets swim around in their tanks, the sound of running water from their filters the only thing I hear. I love when someone acknowledges how good I am at one of the few talents I have. I love when I'm writing something and it turns out better than I could have hoped. I love feeling included in something. I love when people talk to me, even though I'm not very talkative personally. I love Halloween. I love mythology (all of them). I love just sitting in my car on warm days. I love when something (like a show or comic book) is so good that it gets me really invested in it.

I like seeing things explode. And destruction. And pink. And death. And fire. And ice cream. And winning. And messing with peoples heads. And blood. And lightning. And running. And playing video games. And riding my bike

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's what comes to mind

I have a lot of things that I enjoy/ make me happy.

Like hugs and video games, thunderstorms, books, watching anime, reading manga and cats.

Finishing my Latin homework, NOT having copied it from the internet wink.gif

The nice, peaceful window right after a storm.

My cats.

Sleeping in.

A good book to curl up with.

Watching the sun rise.

Swimming.

Snowy days.

Birds in general.

Edited by DayGloryNightGlory

Sleeping Late

Anime

Partying

Going out with friends

Swimming

Cats

Finishing My Homework

Anything Paranormal

Sunny and windy days

If anyone at school asked me that, I'd say art, reading and writing.

If anyone online asked me that, I'd say art, reading and writing.

If my parents asked me that, I'd say art, reading and writing.

If I asked myself that, I wouldn't have an answer.

Why? Because I don't know what happiness is defined as. Is it contentment and joy? Is it feeling light and warm inside? Is it the the fierce pride in completing a goal? I'm not quite sure how everyone else can answer that question so easily, but it doesn't seem normal not to be able to answer. Do they substitute 'things that make you happy' for 'things that you enjoy'?

I do.

Do you?

Watch / read for the first time a detective story and understand the solution before the detective does.

If that detective is Sherlock Holmes... well let's say I just saw The Problem of Thor Bridge with Jeremy Brett, and I feel like Leonardo di Caprio on the prow of Titanic at the beginning of the movie tongue.gif

Laying in the snow is really nice. It's so calm and peaceful.

Swinging on a swing set.

Laying in the warmth of the sun.

Sleeping in late.

Fuzzy blankets.

Christmas lights.

Playing with animals.

-VERY good grades at school

-Junkfood mmmmmmmmm...

-coke/pepsi!

-my cat :3

-having no homework

-goofing around with my friends

-going out

-shopping O_O

-heavily raining/thunderous nights! (makes me feel cozy :3)

-watching the Walking Dead

-DRAGCAVE!

Aside from the cliche human things like good food and great music and sunsets or whatever...

user posted image

This little bugger.

Just seeing a well drawn picture of him makes me happy.

My favorite Pokemon for now and ever.

Edited by Ælex

Fridays. Particularly Friday afternoons. Also, after I turn in a big project I worked really hard on, or better yet when I get back a big project I worked really hard on and get a good grade on it.

I like the rain the most in the world! And kitties and warm clothes. I like cute music and stories. I also like those perfectly warm not-too-hot afternoons. :3

•Good music

•Being alone

•Proving people wrong

•Getting good grades

•The colour pink

•The Internet (surprise, surprise)

And that's all I can think of for now.

user posted image

This little bugger.

Just seeing a well drawn picture of him makes me happy.

My favorite Pokemon for now and ever.

I have a plushie of him at home that I sometimes sleep with. <3

He's so huggable.

*ahem* To stay on topic,

Campfires, the smell of books, dark chocolate, having an eraser and nicely sharpened pencil when I need it. :3

Walking outside in the middle of the night, Only the street lights lighting up the street and the snow falling lightly from the sky with just above a half of a foot on the ground. I love playing in leaves. My boyfriend makes me happy with every word that comes out of his mouth, it's like a feather to paper. Lots of things make me happy. MUSIC makes me happy. Zachary Quinto makes me happy(oops fangirling)

But most of all... getting to be happy. makes. me. happy.