kolodragon

The Island of Hope OOC

Yeah...the OOC...I tried to avoid making one..

Rules for the OoC board:

Stay relevant to discussing the RP

Nothing above PG 13

No new forms here, only edits to existing ones. (I like to have a database of the forms.)

No flaming

No spamming (There's an 'edit' button for crying out loud!)

Feel free to tell us about inactivity here.

Character Sheets

kolodragon

user posted image

Name: Sapphire

Breed: Seasonal, all four.

Personality: Sapphire is a spunky and moody dragon, her ability causes this, and the more she changes, the more violent and tired she gets, this can cause large outbursts of power, leading to quite a bit of carnage. Around the newborns, however, the young dragoness is caring and usually overprotective.

Other?: As far as abilities go, the ability Sapphire possesses two quite an unusual ones. The first is the ability to sense when an egg on the island is hatching. The second is the ability to alternate her form, from a spring, summer, autumn, and winter seasonal dragon, though she prefers the latter. Rapidly changing forms can easily disguise Sapphire's scent, yet it comes with nasty consequences. Changing form can tire out the frozen hatchling quickly, and is capable of putting her in a short hibernation-like state. Also, energy is built up every single time Sapphire changes form, the hatchling has learned to hold in the power, but when she sleeps, the concentration weakens and a burst of energy is let out, this form of energy can differ from an aging wave, a frosty burst, a fire starting ripple, to a plant mutating pulse. This usually causes Sapphire to have sleepless nights, and long trips out to the ocean to let the bursts of energy out. Also, there is a bark blue birthmark on her wing that looks like a heart engulfed by a wisp of wind.

Rainbow_Joy

user posted image

Name: Kyitei

Breed: Pygmy

Personality: Kyitei is a bold and curious dragon. He likes shiney and pretty things and is attracted to anything that looks nice. He loves to play and he likes being around others. It makes him feel safe.

Ælex

user posted image

Name: Ashur

Breed: Grey

Personality: Adventurous is one way to describe Ashur, but reckless is more like it. The grey simply has too much energy to spare and is always curious about what he doesn’t know yet. He has a very odd philosophy about friendship though... “Why fight someone when you can use them instead, right?” –Ashur was as if born with this conclusion in life. Independent to the point where he’d let someone else take the fall for him, regardless of the circumstances, Ashur initially makes friends so he can abuse their trust later on. Rarely does it go that far that he would consider someone truly his friend and actually go out of his way to be helpful. Despite his breed, the grey is not fond of flying all too much. He has an unnatural hate for seagulls.

Other?: When he does sleep, Ashur will tend to have flashbacks of unknown origin. He cannot explain them, and they bother him… He was born with a tainted left claw, baring signs of contamination, but otherwise fully functional. It will change as he grows. He eats only meat, and would never willingly try plants, seeing as they upset his stomach.

user posted image

Name: Varaug

Breed: White

Personality: Bi-polar is the word best to describe Varaug. His mood shifts frequently, and as a result, he angers quickly. In social situations, he is talkative, a tad distant and at times paranoid if questioned too much. He has a bad habit of thinking out loud.

Other: The white’s past is shrouded in secrecy, Varaug simply refuses to talk about it, nor think about it. He is unlike other whites in both eating habits, and use of magic. He has a signature glyph on his shoulder, yellow eyes, and carries around a large book, slung over one shoulder and held by a chain attached to its spine. Within it is all the magic he knows and uses, though most of the text is written in a cryptic language only the white understands.

haptic

user posted image

Name: Sparrow

Breed: Swallowtail Dragon

Personality: Sweet, docile, and shy as a baby. Will become more confident as she grows older.

little lost dragon

user posted image

Name: Tashrin

Breed: Magi

Personality: Starts off quiet and shy. Though may change as RP goes on.

Other?: When he hatches he just like any normal magi hatchling in looks. When he gets to stage 2 his wings come in over sized and when he becomes a adult the frill on his head is next to non existent and seems to have gone to his tail where its gone up half of it.

user posted image

Name: Hazzon

Breed: Ribbon dancer

Personality: Starts off protective and can get motherly but also a bit playful at the same time.

user posted image

Name: Vrans

Breed: Gold

Personality: Starts off shy. Almost hides due to others before wanting his scales. Thinks every one is out to get him.

user posted image

Name: Vellinsit

Breed: Coastal Waverunner

Personality: Starts off a bit on the confused side. A lot of things will confuse her. She is outgoing though but careful. You'll stop her in her tracks if say you something that she does not get right away. She can be slow to add things like 2+2. But don't tick her off cause if she's in danger she won't care if what you say makes no sense she'll defend herself and friends.

Durppie

user posted image

Name: Nexote

Breed: Daydream

Personality: Calm and enjoys being in the air. It may take a long time to

make her angry. She believes that the best way to solve things is by peace, and sticks with the belief. She likes to collect things that catch her eye, such as a shiny crystal, oddly colored leaf, or even parts of eggshell, and decorate her nest with it. If she likes a dragon enough to consider them as a friend, Nexote will give them things from her hoard of miscellaneous objects and try to protect them as well.

Other?: Loud noises scare her greatly. Nexote, for the time being, can float in the air on a pink cloud that follows her everywhere. She can control the cloud's actions and size. Her mane is a slightly darker shade of pink than normal daydreams.

user posted image

Name: Xerana

Breed: Shallow Water

Personality: Acts on impulse, bold, and is more of an adventurous type. New things of any kind intrigue her. When confronted with a problem, Xerana will stubbornly pick at it until it goes away, and is not one to back down easily.

Other?: Has a silght hatred (or fear) of gray dragons due to a clan of them tormenting her and her companion, a male black stripe, on their way to the island. The clan attacked because they thought the two were intruding on their territory.

user posted image

Name: Tekunin

Breed: Black Striped Dragon

Personality: Charismatic and honest, even to the point of where it would offend someone.

Lato_Dato

user posted image

Name: Ne'Fai

Breed: Seawyrm Pygmy

Personality: A young dragon who likes to look before she leaps, Ne'Fai is more likely to take an observers role towards any hostilities that may pop up on the island. Highly loyal to those she considers friends, if she trusts and respects a dragon enough said dragon will get a certain amount of obedience from Ne'Fai. Otherwise, she will listen to requests and suchlike when it suits her. If she fees she has 'observed' a situation for too long and needs to take action of some kind, she will most likely do so suddenly, rashly, and may in fact make things worse than they actually are. Not prone to panic, she is only truly scared of pitch black darkness - mainly because she can't see her surroundings, and believes there to be 'monsters' out there in the dark.

Other?: Her fins, while they should be a light cyan, are much darker than usual. Is scared of the dark - prone to panic

Lila

user posted image

Name: Venarria

Breed: Magi

Personality: Quiet, blunt, and objective, but softhearted and motherly to young dragons.

DragonTrainer101

user posted image

Name: Kiara

Breed: Black

Personality: Outgoing, brave, a true warrior, but still has a sweet side.

Backup77

user posted image

Name:Star

Breed:Nebula

Personality:Independent. She will always try too do things by herself, and does not like to accept help, but she is too little to do much without help. But she is very protective of others and likes friends. It can be difficult for her to have fun in the day, because she is usually half asleep. At night she is full of energy and has a hard time sleeping.

Other?:She has four legs and two wings, instead of a two legs two wings.

Azteck

user posted image

Name: Drako

Breed: Alt Black

Personality: Surprised often, kind, caring, adventurous.

DragonFriend

user posted image

Name: Requiem

Breed: Silver

Personality: She's an egg but I'll write it now: She prefers to be alone, but she is a nice dragon. Sometimes, she is aggressive for no reason. Because of her aggressions, she has almost no friends. At every full moon, she climbs on a tall tree to cry out her sadness about her loneliness. But her biggest dream is to have a live mate and eggs.

Other?: Her dream is to have a live mate and eggs. Her hair color changes at night from emerald green to light blue.

orange

user posted image

Name: Cryo

Breed: Thunder

Personality: Cryo is quick to make decisions, and loves to shock other dragons. He also is very kind to other dragons.

Other?: He has striking blue eyes and blue lightning. He always carries an emerald with him. Also, his scales are gold and silver.

Ryujin13

user posted image

Name: Isserdel

Breed: Ember

Personality: As is common with her breed, Isserdel, or Izzy, prefers to find a defensible location and stay there, only venturing out to get food. She is very shy, and isn't very good at making friends. That doesn't mean she is afraid of other dragons, she just doesn't know how to communicate what she is feeling well, and that makes her self-conscious. Once she makes a friend though, she is loyal to the end.

Edited by kolodragon

Q&A

Q: So how will breeding work?

A: One RPer or two can decide that their dragons will want to breed, DO NOT RP THIS IN DETAIL (obviously). After this, they place the egg in the Underground Cave, and one of two things will happen. Either one of the RPers of the parent can negotiate the gender, breed, name, and so on and decide who will fully RP the dragon. If none of the RPers / the RPer choose to RP the egg, it will be put under a list of dragons currently RPable for others. The list will include the egg's name, gender, and breed. The parents can fill out the sections but still not RP them if they wish, this gives new RPers and others the chance to RP as an Island Egg.

Q: Does this RP even have a plot?

A: I've already gotten a generation of events for me to slip into the RP when it starts getting dull, half of the first post's plot was taken straight from the first TIOH. If you want the history behind the RP, ask.

Q: Can I ask you more questions in the OOC?

A: Sure, go ahead.

Q: How does aging work?

A: After three RP days since the dragon has hatched, dragons are allowed to advance to stage two. Stage two allowance with be reminded during the day recaps. By the fifth day, they must have grown to the second stage. On the sixth and seventh day, the hatchling must age into an adult.

Q: So then what about freezing?

A: Freezing is actually allowed, as long as an adult magi is available. All the magi need to do is cast a freezing spell, which they are automatically allowed to know. The cost of freezing a hatchling is a large drop in energy for the magi.

Q: Oh no! I'm going on vacation for x amount of time! Are you going to delete my character?!?

A: Of course not! I only delete character after a whole month of them not posting in the OOC or main thread without telling me they'll not be available. Tell me on the OOC thread if you are going to be gone for a while, and try to tell me for how long. I'll put you down on the 'Unavailable' and try to fill you in after you come back.

Unavailable

kolodragon - July 30-August 7 - Going to China, might bring a laptop.

Lato_Dato - ??? - Eye problems.

Edited by kolodragon

Yaaay, It is finally here!

So, I'd like to make a suggestion.

It is a well known fact that all the hatchlings have no knowledge what so ever of the uses of either magic, or means of construction and crafting, or even proper speech! Pulling knowledge out of thin air is a bit... unreal, even for an RP. (but that's just my opinion)

I had my character, Ashur, 'remember' his speech with these random flashbacks... however, I do feel it is necessary to add some kind of source of knowledge. Some way for the young, or otherwise, dragons to learn what they can do, and how to do it.

In another RP that is sadly no longer among the Literate RPs, we had a library. It was great. The dragons who had healing abilities could 'study' there and gradually develop, become better through means of actually researching and not... "gaining experience" and 'somehow' managing to pull new healing methods out of thin air, be that for diseases or hexes, or other such afflictions.

The Magi, one that I RPed myself had sections to chose from, individual forms of magic to study. It was pretty fun describing the different spells and their effects. We even had the "occult" section, that I fabricated myself, where the books would only be readable by a select few, and instruct them in the forbidden schools of magic.

So, yeap, that's my suggestion, more or less.

P.S. Also Kolo if this post is in the way of a reserved post you were planning on spot #2 I'll delete it, gladly.

Edited by Ælex

For the hatchlings learning things out of thin air. for me I have Tashrin learning how to talk from others. the more he's spoken to the more he learns to speak. As for power he can only move and badly shape water. Aside from that he does not know much.

Considering the original actually had tree houses, and I tried to make the RP more uncivilized, I don't think I want a library, though I know a spot where one could be. Also, how would a dragon be able to figure out how to read?

As for a healer, Sapphire's adequate at best, Vena could probably know a thing or two, and I have a healer planned for when we're deeper into the RP.

Also, how would a dragon be able to figure out how to read?

Yes, that is the only bump in the road...

Still, a few texts wouldn't be a bad thing. I am not talking a HUGE MASSIVE library full of all the knowledge in the world (like the one we had in that RP I mentioned earlier).

Something limited, then. smile.gif

I think hatchlings should simply just learn through adults (Who we're lacking very badly) or through instinct.

Maybe, but bare in mind, that means those who play the adults will likely be pressured into frequent and rapid posting, were they to become the main source of knowledge.

Also, I'll write up a sheet for an adult, if ya want. I like to have two characters per RP anyway.

Go ahead, adults don't have to teach hatchlings, it's just a way to teach hatchlings.

I don't know how else hatchlings could learn...

Oh maaannnn I forgot to write about Elixir for the plot D:

Oh maaannnn I forgot to write about Elixir for the plot D:

Who's Elixir? I can make an adult if you'd like, Kolo.

I'm going to wait for the others to at least prove they're alive first before I post anything else. Let's just say something involving combat comes next wink.gif

Anyone want to add any questions to the Q&A, or update their forms?

Edited by kolodragon

Combat?

Really?

..awesome!

I love fight scenes.

P.S. Sent ya my Adult's form. Is it okay?

Edited by Ælex

I'll still edit his sprite, (eventually) it's great spriting practice. smile.gif

Edited by kolodragon

Noting to edit on my little guy yet. That comes after he starts to mature or when he gets a injury or something.

I updated the RP's rules, sorry for all those people in a rush, I want this to be semi-litt at the least.

Bump, and done with Varaug's custom sprite :'D (It looks weird because I forgot to add shadows.)

user posted image

Edited by kolodragon

I need some one to come along or something. Tashrin seems to be getting ignored to sad.gif

I'm waiting for Durppie to post right now, then I'll post.

Just saying, I don't think newborn hatchlings can manage to walk from the clearing to the beach (About less than half a mile) in a post, let alone see across it, it's not flat. Though it's probably my fault for making nests and stuff really big on the map :/

Considering a day took about 10 pages, not any time soon. I'll probably write a section in the Q&A answering your question though.

Its raining is pouring dragons raining...... ok that failed lol. But right now I'm sure Sapphire is wondering why every one is cashing on the inland atm lol.

And if I can say anything ahead of the time Welcome to the RP Ryujin13 (though I can approve of your char though)