Fortune86

The Power Inside

((Well at least he amuses someone tongue.gif))

“My cousins fiend wants us to go with him.” Imari spoke as she looked at Khaine. He wasn’t looking all the best to tell the truth but he seemed okey enough for them to go. “I think its an order from Ceil. He might want to see us.”

~~

Bastian looked a Diana, he could feel her pain for he wasn’t even sure if the island of Usi was still above water or not but he had to keep believing that their family will be alright.

“The god’s has a reason for everything Diana. Think about it, if you weren’t a summoner you wouldn’t have been kidnapped in the end which caused us to come and get you. And because we saved you we found out the truth of what was happening.” Bastian spoke giving her a little smile. “I know many have died, our loved ones might be gone but we stopped it. That is something to be proud of.”

Of course... Ceil was behind this... not even a moments time to rest and recover after clashing with the Titans... Khaine sighed and picked himself up, already expecting Ceil to have another mission or training exercise lined up.

Imari could see Khaine wanted to rest, heavens know she needed it as well. All of them had barely slept since Arthur and Bastian arrived.

“Come on.” Imari spoke as she extended her hand to him. “We better get a move on. I don’t want Areo breathing down my neck for no reason. As Imari spoke Drahual had maneuvered his way between the tents until he came to a halt where his summoner was.

Khaine stood and followed Imari, noticing Drahaul's large frame making its way through the group of tents... much to the annoyance of other summoners who had found their pathway blocked by his huge figure.

Diana swallowed, nodding. That was true. At least they had been able to save some people. It didn't mean she could feel happy in the situation, though. She sighed gently, glancing up every now and then at the door.

Imari walked out and saw that people were getting a bit upset but she didn’t mind. It’s something that just happens at times. Drahual bent down slightly giving them two a chance to climb on. Once both of them were on the blue dragon fiend stepped out of the area before it took to the skies. It wasn’t long when Areo caught up to them and led them to the tower where he circled it.

Drahaul lashed himself to the wall in away so that both Khaine and Imari could get off.

Arthur had settled down on the edge of Jyeh's desk to wait for Bastain and Khaine. After about ten minutes the lightning Fiend Drahual appeared at the hole in the wall behind him. Arthur turned to look as Imari and Khaine jumped down into the remains of the office.

"About time" muttered Ceil, his fatigue and injuries not helping his mood.

((Sorry Vang. Sera and Angelina were sort of poofed.))

“I wasn’t like we didn’t do something useless.” Imari spoke as she climbed off Drahual. Stepping aside she waited for Khaine to get off which will give her a chance to dismiss her fiend, he was rather attracting attention from his current position.

~~

Bastian and them were waiting patiently until the their little group had arrived at the same place. He then dismissed Areo himself seeing that it wasn’t necessary for the large fiend to be around. In the end Bastian broke away from Diana’s side and took a seat on one of the knocked over bookshelves.

Khaine jumped off Drahaul and barely managed to keep his balance as he landed on the ground. Ceils little remark didn't sit too well with Khaine, after all... they did just fend off a Titan attack... they were entitled to be a few minutes late...

"Well we're all here" said Ceil. "Now what?"

"Now we need to figure out what we are going to tell people" said Arthur. "For my part, I believe the truth may actually do more harm than good. Telling the general public that the military created the Titans and are responsible for everything that has happened in the past few days would cause an uproar. Rightly so perhaps, but people depend on the military. As I do not believe that every soldier was involved, causing people to distrust the entire force would be disasterous."

Ceil thought this over. While he disliked the idea of lying and covering up the crimes of Jyeh and hid followers, Arthur, as usual, saw the cold logic behind it. The military governed and supported pretty much everything in one way or another, from food distribution, healthcare, law enforcement and construction. Without them, especially at this critical time, everything would delve into chaos. If people turned against the military then what remained of order and civilisation would collaspe. Given there was currently a lot of homeless and needy people outside at the moment, that wouldn't be the best of options.

"Wait what? The military created the titans!?" shouted Khaine, complete and utter shock etched across his face at the shocking revelation. "That can't be true... why would they create something so dangerous and risk people's lives?!"

"Because my uncle was insane" said Arthur simply. "He believed he could create a new world without monsters, but only by destroying the old one first"

"What your uncle believed is of no importance now" growled Ceil. "It's what we do with the crap he left us that's important. I don't like the idea of lying to people, but I don't want to cause any further panic either."

“Then if you’re going to tell a lie, what will it be?” Imari spoke still basically standing where she was. “And who will take charge of this mess. The people would be looking for a new leader and that person might need to be informed as well.”

Imari turned slightly watching the people down below moving about and tending to the wounded. The light users have their work cut out for them today and the undertaker might not be to please about all the deaths.

"Most people already believe that the Titans were some new punishment from the Gods. They may see the Titans vanishing like they did as some kind of reprieve. It could give them hope if they think the Gods have given us another chance. Enough to start rebuilding" said Ceil thoughfully. "As for our new leader. No idea."

Arthur turned and looked at Ceil, as though weighing him up.

"What about you?"

"Huh?"

It took Ceil a moment to undertsand what Arthur was getting at. When he realised he visibly recoiled.

"Hells no!

"Why not? You've already spent the last few hours bossing half the military forces around. Why not continue? Most people know and trust you, even if they don't like you veyr much. Right now we could do with someone who would drag everyone together, whether they like it or not."

"Bastain" said Ceil turning to his other former student. "Tell your partner he's being stupid."

"We just got rid of one evil..." muttered Khaine, in response to the suggestion of Ceil taking up the role that Jyeh once held. He for one did not like the idea of this slave worker and 'bully' being in charge.... all the poor souls forced out of bed and dropped into a cold fountain while he ruled was just one of the potential evil he would introduce.

Diana had her hands on her hips as they discussed what would happen next. A lie would probably be the best way to go, even if she didn't like it. The next bit especially caught her attention. A new leader? Hrm... She'd look good in some leaderly clothes... Of course, she was snapped out of her fantasy when Ceil was put up as a contender. Key word being fantasy. It really was only that. And Ceil... He would be a great leader. Maybe strict and quirky, but still great. "I want you to be leader, Ceil," she piped up, ignoring Khaine. "I think you'd be the best choice. You can't give the role to someone who doesn't know about what happened. Otherwise I'll be taking the job, and you wouldn't want that happening to the people," she lightly jibed at herself despite the redness in her eyes.

Edited by Chicogal

Bastian sat and listened to everyone, thinking it over what was suggested. He looked at Khaine who seemed to be not grasping everything and why Ceil did certain things. Then he looked at Diana who seemed to agree with Arthur on the choice. Then his attention drew to Imari. He wasn’t sure if she purposely suggested a new leader in order to put Ceil on the stop. He knew she was a good judge of character but this time she didn’t say it in that many words.

“No he isn’t being stupid.” Bastian spoke after he gave a big sigh. “Many people know you and most of the summoners trust you, even those who don’t even like you. You have good heart even if you don’t show it. And like Diana said you know what happened which means you won’t blur out the truth on what happened. No of us can take this position Ceil, we are too young and inexperienced. It has to be you.”

Before Ceil could argue any further another voice cut across him.

"I agree. I think it's a splendid idea."

"Not you as well" groaned Ceil as his mother Odara picked her way across the rubble and entered the room.

"They all have a point you know" she said picking up a chair, righting it and sitting down. "Right now people need to know someone capable is in charge and besides, what else are you going to do? Your fighting days are behind you dear, you don't need a light Summoner or a doctor to tell you that."

Ceil looked down with his remaining eye at his missing digits, bloody clothes and bandages. He knew his mother was speaking the truth, but it was a harsh blow all the same. He had been fighting monsters daily for eleven years. Taking office and managing politics wouldn't be the same.

He stood and thought in silence, weighing over what everyone had said against his options. If he couldn't fight, what else could he do? Sit around and get in everyone's way? No...there were still things he could do.

"Oh okay" he said at last with a sigh. "But you might all regret this. Times are going to be harsh, so I will be too."

"If you can keep people alive and safe, then I'm sure we can rough it out" said Arthur.

((I want to write up a short, one year later epilogue to finish. If you have any particular plans for your character, please PM them to me and I'll write them up.))

Edited by Fortune86

“Then its settled, you’re the new boss man.” Imari spoke as she went to sit on the floor. The strain of standing and not really resting were taking its toll on her legs now.

“All we have to do know is work on this “little” lie and seeing that you are now in charge Ceil you need to inform us on what should be done.”

"First order of business will be to tend to the people. I don't know what Jyeh's plans were for dealing with the influx of people, but we can't just leave them all wandering around the streets. We need to ensure that anyone who needs medical care is getting it and we also need to start buidling some temporary shelters. All non-Summoner military staff can get started on that and we'll need some volunteers to sort out provisions. People will need food and fresh water."

"I can sort that out" said Odara getting back up to her feet. "Many of my friends will be happy to help."

She started to walk back out of the room, but stopped to give Ceil a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'm proud of you, you know. You've always been such a good boy."

Ceil waved her away and she vanished back into the corridor. When Odara was gone he continued to speak.

"We'll also need the rest of the loose animals rounding up and penning somewhere. Can't leave them trampling around either. We'll also need a lost child's tent. With all this confusion I'll bet a fair few kids have been seperated from their mothers. As for what we are going to tell people, I'll deal with that in the morning. We can give people answers once they have been treated, fed and watered and have had a chance to rest."

He looked around the room at his students, both current and former.

"I'm in charge now remember? No arguing."

Diana couldn't help the grin spreading across her face. Ceil as their leader. She wasn't sure whether she'd regret it over the next few years (or hours), but she knew he would always do what was best. Even if he was partially blind. Hrm... "Okay, so who does what?" she asked, tilting her head slightly. Her brief spell of rest had given her a little bit of energy, and she was feeling much better now.

Ceil looked at Khaine. As he was still very badly injured, he would be given the easiest job.

"Khaine I want you to set up the lost children tent. Crixius is tall enough to stand above the crowd and make a point of focus. Just grab a couple of soldiers to help and tell them I told you to. And then go and see a healer. A proper one who who actually knows what they are doing."

"Diana, I want you to help supply people with fresh water. Rain should be able to do that fine, and my mother will sort out the food. Imari and Bastain? I need you two to help round up and loose animals. I know some cattle are wandering around the streets and if push comes to shove your Fiends can just pick them up and carry them to a pen."

"Arthur?"

When Ceil turned to look at the pale teen he was only slightly surprised to see the boy had gone. Had he already left to help people, or gone on some errand of his own? Ceil wasn't sure.

"Okay. I'll see you all later. I'm going back downstairs and making sure people are getting what they need."

Ceil nodded and started to leave, but he turned back to face everyone at the door.

"By the way. You all did good today. Well done."

With that the former teacher left. There was still a lot left to do.

((Final posts now please people.))

Edited by Fortune86

Diana watched him, her former teacher turned leader of this world. An incredible sense of pride was welling up in her chest. She, Diana Sare, taught by who was possibly the best teacher that Wyhdori had ever had. The man who had no boundaries when it came to looking after his students, who would fight night and day until he was completely battered and broken to keep their wold safe.

She nodded, a smile tilting up her lips. She was glad, actually, to serve him. Although she might be the only one thinking like this, she felt she owed him a debt that could never be repaid. And maybe she could make up for some of it by obeying what he said. She... Wouldn't mind it, actually. Serving him for Wyhdori. After a couple of days she'd probably feel differently, but right now, she was feeling sort of patriotic toward Ceil. Perhaps she'd join the military after all this - give him a hand in a small way by giving him less to worry about.

Her bright blue gaze darted about the room, black hair just brushing her shoulders as her head moved slightly. All these people, even the ones she'd hated at times - they were family of sorts. The only family she had left, anyway. Even Imari, whom she'd quarreled with recently. Had it really been so short a time ago? And Khaine, the poor boy who was always dunked into the fountain, who was sort of endeared to her. And then there was Bastian. She still did indeed consider him attractive. And although they'd gotten off on the wrong foot... Well. She thought that they could be friends one day. A little voice niggled her in the back of her mind - You're thinking of more than that, aren't you? She quickly pushed it away.

As Ceil's back turned, she blinked out of her daze. A slightly amused smile, the sort of smile you smiled when everything was so wrong and yet so right, twisted up the left side of her mouth. There he went again. As always. Her hand came up to her forehead in a mock solute with two fingers that came away a second later. A chuckle escaped her before she spoke once more.

"Only because of you."