Lightdragon4444

Red vs purple dorsal dragon

Which do you like best  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like how the red and black look together so Red Dorsals are my favourite out of the two.

Is it necessarily a case of 'being better'? One is Purple and one is Red - one is a little less common - period. They're both great candidates for hysterical names.

The only thing I thought to name my Purple Dorsal was "Purple Back"

I'm not the best at thinking up names for my dragons

Personally I like the Reds better. They`re rarer.

Edited by Zoroark77

Tough decision . . . Purple was my first, and his son and daughter were a reds . . . I like reds better. I think the shading and stuff on purple looks better, but the colors . . . red.

I don't like either. I only have one red dorsal because I refuse to get rid of it. I need someone so be my scroll doorstop. One thing I have noticed: I have not seen a single red dorsal on the AP for months. I know they are slightly less common, but I just find that odd.

Red's my favorite color, sooo...yeah. While we're here, apparently people breed red Dorsals with Alt Sweetlings, and abandon the purple offspring T.T. So I wonder which are liked more.

I used to like both, although I did prefer the look of the Red coloration, until I spent months trying to produce Red Dorsals from my Goths and Red Dorsals, (as have many others,) for a lineage based on these.

(This is how all the Purple Dorsals with Goth/Red Dorsal parents arrive on the AP.)

Someday, I may cease viewing Purple Dorsals, which I did really use to like, with distaste, after all the endless wrong colour results and the embarrassment of having to disappoint someone week after endless week, while the rest of the list waited, but at this point, I feel that I may never be fond of them again, simply because of the association...

I favor the red coloration; gives the sprite a sleek and uh... deadly look.

I've only raised one Dorsal to adulthood so far and he's red =) Was originally a misclick, though I quickly became attached and named him Sociopath. Appropriate, right?

This thread has renewed my desire to snag some more red Dorsals.

Glad I could renspyer. Hey I think I will start a dorsal linage but I need a CB red dorsal egg or hatchling if anyone has one maybe we could trade and work something out. I would very much appreciate it biggrin.gif Thanks^

I like them both. I have 11 purple adults and 13 red adults. I also have s1 and s2 frozens of both colors.

I found this beautiful 2nd-gen PB Red Dorsal on the AP.

Unfortunately, it turns out that I haven't room to hang onto it, and thought that this might be the most appropriate place to offer it.

Edit: I can't believe that this little beauty is still sitting on my scroll!

Well, if nobody who loves Red Dorsals takes it shortly, I'll drop it elsewhere, but I'll leave it up for a little longer...

Re-edit: thanks to, I'm guessing, Lightdragon4444 for giving the little one a good home!

Edited by Syphoneira

Thank you so much Syphoneira for the red dorsal egg ill take good care of it promise.

Also ill take any red dorsals anyone doesn't want.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

I fine that the red are more noticable then the purple dorsals. But I like them both the same. I'm making a even inbreed lineage with them. The few reds thrown in makes it nicer. biggrin.gif

I like both, although red dorsals are my preference.

Seems a lot of people agree with me, considering purple dorsals are what mainly block up the AP...

I really like both, although I tend to favor Red Dorsals just because I like the color red slightly better. Both colors look great with black though, and the color combos are part of the reason I really like dorsal dragons. It's been awhile since I grabbed some though, so I might start hoarding them soon.

I like both, and have collected 8 CBs of each colour to do a lineage with them. They were the first breed that I did an even-gen lineage with, without even realising it! And I think they were the first breed on my scroll to get a specific naming scheme - almost all my dorsals have the prefix "Keltic" in their names. smile.gif

(If anyone gets fail-purple Dorsals from alt. val. x red Dorsal, I'll adopt 'em! wink.gif)

I like both dorsal dragons. I think whether you like the red or purple depends on the color you like best, and perhaps how common each dragon type is compared to the other.

I like both dorsals, and I'd definitely have more if the new ones wouldn't interfere with the name scheme of the two I already have. sad.gif

I like them both, and wish the color distribution had been more even, because it seems the purple dorsals get "dissed" (or ditched) for no other reason than they are not the "uncommon" color. I like the "attitude" of their pose, too; it's like they are wearing their hats & high heels wink.gif

One of my alt Sweetlings has a red dorsal mate, and I wish there were a similarly good-looking and/or desirable breed & color combination for purple dorsals (other than PB).

When I'm out giving views at the fansite, I frequently check out the lineages, to get ideas for mates for my 2G dorsals (two are daughters of the Sweetling, and one is PB)... I'm a big "even-gen" fan, so I don't want to breed the red one with my other alt Sweetling.

I don't really care for Dorsals. Though I think that the Red one looks cooler. Maybe it's just because it is a little harder to find? I don't know.

i like the reds because the colors look nicer together and the red is brighter and more vibrant

but the purple is pretty cool to so its a pretty close call

Edited by blockEdragon

I hit the wrong button and nulled out my vote - but it was for Both.

Black and Red (and Purple) are some of my favorite colors...so having a Dragon that comes in both in a way is awesome to me.

While I do really like both of them, and two of my first four dragons are Purple Dorsals, my eye always gravitates faster to rich reds than any other color, so I guess I should say Red. <3