Lightdragon4444

After the Fire

Shrysta looked up from her water den, hearing somebody call her name. She walked towards where she had heard the call, then said "Oh there you are Lily! I think the egg's fine now, but could you take a look at it anyways?"

Lily nodded, smiling when Shrysta said the egg was okay. "Sure thing..." Lily followed Shrysta to the water den quickly. "So what was wrong with the egg?" Lily walked over to the medium sized pygmy egg and sniffed it curiously. It smelled fine. She tapped it with an ivory claw. A sharp metalic PING rang out. It sounded fine. She layed a paw on it. No fever. She examined it closley. Color was healthy. It was fine, the only thing she noticed was a small crack on the top of the egg, as though it was beginning the hatching process, it would take about a week or so. Or perhaps it was one of the veins that was on Lily's own egg.

Edited by Merryier12

(it's a pygmy egg, so i don't think it would be medium sized just btw)

"Should i take it out of that water den?" Shrysta asked. She'd much rather have the egg by her, where she could take better care of it, but if this was better, then she'd leave it here. Shrysta peered over to where Lily was looking at to see a crack on the egg. "Is it hatching? or is it just like that?"

((medium sized for a pygmy egg i meant, i'll edit))

Starlet nodded and followed Kip back to camp, dragging the bunny along behind her.

Lily frowned, "It's fine here, or out of the water, wherever you want really..." Lily looked closely at the crack, "I think it's beginning the hatching pricess... It'll take some time though, so don't expect anything too soon..."

"Yay. It's going to hatch, well eventually." Shrysta quickly lifted the egg out of the water, and placed it back in the nest she had made in her cave. She curled up next to it, and napped.Shrycil woke up with a start. She looked around, still half-asleep. "How long have i been asleep?" She asked Scout.

((sorry I haven't posted much in awile I've venn on vacation and a writers block streak))

Hey Kip your back I need to talk to you about something important. what is it Kip said. While we were scouting the lake two black dragons of the messenger landed thankfully they didn't see u's but they have my scent. I think we should be more careful in the future. Agreed I'll tell the others.

Not long swalleria everythings fine you should sleep some more it's been a busy morning. Scout lyed back down still enjoying the sunlight and swalleria's warm scales and company.

Attention everyone i call a meeting kip called. On a patrol scout and swallerina encountered two black dragons from the messenger i want everyone to be to be more careful and never stay out in the open to long, be as safe as possible and travel in groups of at lest two. Everyone for now just get a good meal and rest up meeting adjourned kip called.

((sorry Ive been gone on a vacation but i'm back now the story can continue)) biggrin.gif

Edited by Lightdragon4444

"Mmkay." Swalleria murmured. She settled back down, only to hear Kip call a meeting. She listened from where she was, then settled back down to sleep.

Shrysta was feeling restless at this news. She practiced her fighting moves just inside the camp on some trees and bushes, then went over to Swalleria. She asked "Can i join you too? I'm feeling restless."

After spreading the news of the two black dragons kip retreated into the cave. He always felt better in caves more secure. Kip walked to his nest avoiding other nests not to disturb them. Finding his nest he made three circles, padding down the grass and feathers. He laded down but accidentally hit the cave wall displacing a few rocks that filled kips bed. Getting up to clean the mess from his bed something caught his eye a sparkle of something shiny. He picked at the rocks to discover a smaller cave probably dug long ago. What had caught his eye was about ten gold amulets all with a different jewel. Kips heart skipped, he just discover a few of the amulets of the great four but they were stories, myths not actually real things. The amulets were told to have great power giving the wearer greater power, speed, flight but they would usually end up killing the wearer or seriously hurting them if used to much. They were only used as last resort means knowing the value of these he hide them back and covered the hole then fell asleep thinking.

Shrysta laid down beside Swalleria and basked in the warm sun. She yawned and thought about her dragon egg. She was only able to fall asleep for a little while, then wake up and turn around to fall asleep again.

Swalleria was fully asleep by this time. She had a dream about padding through a lush forest and hunting. She had gotten a lot of prey, and was bringing it back to camp. She heard a screech and saw an eagle. She ducked down, and felt claws fasten into her back. That was when she woke up and saw that she had a rock on her back. She removed it and went back to sleep.

((*hits self* I need to post here more.))

Dirimin heard Kip. "I'll just go get a bit more to eat, then I'll rest." he said. He ran off to go hunt a bit more, sniffing the air. He caught the scent of a rabbit, and followed the trail. It led to a ground hole, just big enough for him to fit in. Dirimin dove in, and grabbed the large rabbit the the neck and dragged it out. He quickly killed it before it could make a sound, and dragged it back to the food pile. He threw it on top of the dead deer, then ran off to go fishing. He swatted in the water, and continually got at least one fish. Once he was done, there was a slightly medium sized pile next to him. "That should be enough for today!" he exclaimed. He piled it onto his back, wrapping his wings around the large load. He walked back to the food pile cave, taking about 15 minutes. The threw the fish onto the pile, and ran to his sleeping area. He walked around a bit, and settled down, going to sleep.

((This should make up from my idleness.))

Now that we've collected a lot of food there's not much to do around here kip thought to himself. Practice fighting was always an option but everyone was off dozing in the warmth of the sun. Kip finally gave in and walked to the high rock to take a much needed rest. FIRE FIRE everywhere consuming the forest around kip screaming the taste of blood in the air. Ahh!!! kip woke with a start. Whats the matter kip scout said you were twitching like crazy. It was nothing. Another nightmare don't worry every things alright scout said comforting laying his head back down. Scout was right everything was alright he had his brother and everyone else backing him up every second kip laid his head back down and drifted off again.

Dirimin woke up with a start. The screams of his dream rang in his ears, and over the screams was the sound of another dragon speaking. War will come. You must train, grow, and defeat the messenger. it had said. He got up and ran over the dream again. He had seen blood; lots and lots of blood. In the blood he had seen the bones and skulls of dragons that had been murdered by the messenger. A deep red dragon had appeared and told him the prophecy. He ran off to find Kip. "KIP! KIP! SCOUT! SCOUT! Wake up!" he said, hitting both of them awake.