Lightdragon4444

After the Fire

Swalleria rushed off towards where she had seen Scout rushing off to. She saw a small mouse right in front of her and caught it. Finally, she saw Scout. "Hey.. Wait up!" she panted. "I have a snack for us!" Kip wasn't kidding, he is fast, she thought.

Shrysta heard Starlet calling for the hunters, and abandoned her attempt to find somebody to practice fighting with. She looked around; there were only 5 of them there, plus Starlet. "Maybe we should hunt alone or in pairs. I don't think that there's really enough of us for trios" she suggested

((kip=blue Scout=green matches there color of wings))

Hey Swalleria, thanks scout ate his part of the mouse, enjoying it all. Glad to have you join me i think we should start with looking around the lake. He began to start of towards the lake humming as he went.

I agree kip answered Ill go with starlet, everyone else spread out. We will take to the west. Bunching up his muscles kip easy made the jump to the nearest tree branch to start searching for some food.

Map:user posted image

Map of Camp: user posted image

Edited by Lightdragon4444

"Good idea." Swalleria said as they began to explore around the lake. There really wasn't anything, except some frogs and lots of insects. She got more and more frustrated with each step because the bugs were settling on her and they had itchy feet. "Get off!" she roared quietly at the bugs.

Shrysta prepared herself to go hunting, grabbed her "basket", and began stalking around the forest. She spotted and mouse but decided to leave it. That won't even feed me, let alone the rest of the hatchlings. Finding a bird pecking at something on the ground, she stalked towards it. Unfortunately, her tail brushed against some dry leaves, and the bird flew away. Feeling mad at herself, she walked towards what the bird was pecking at. It was a bundle of berries. Oh good. Berries are delicious, she thought, and put it into her "basket".

By the end of the hunt, she ended up getting a rabbit as big as she is, and a vole.

I should probably head back now, she thought and started to drag her "basket" home.

Edited by dragcave:D

Scout chuckled to himself as swalleria was attacked by hundreds of little bugs. He reached up to grab at some leaves on a bush nearby. Scout picked a few leaves off the bush and crushed them beneath his claws and handed them to swalleria. Here he said rub this on yourself, itll get rid of the bugs. He walked off hafe heartly swatting at fly that came to close. Lets keep going this way he called behind him to swalleria. Edited by Lightdragon4444

"Thanks," Swalleria said as the bugs began to leave her. Although she felt sticky from the leaf stuff, it was worth it. She followed Scout, trying to remember as much as she could about the area. This side of the pond is marshy, and there's a lot of frogs and cattails. The grass is soft and wet with morning dew... She kept listing things in her head. Later on, the pond was drier, with a bank that had small flowers on it. "Oh, it's nice here." she said

(( if you want nything changed about the landscape, tell me))

((i like the way you described it nice ^__^))

Scout had to agree this place was rather peaceful almost making him forget all the pain. He glided along the lakes edge felling the soft ground. A shadow moved in his peripheral vision quick as lightning he threw his claws into the water and pulled up a descent sized fish. Eying swalleria he shouted lunch anyone. Scout split the fish and ate hungrily at his half enjoying every bit.

Since Xalfer did some hunting by himself already he decided to stay here and watch the camp. While he was doing that, he took a rabbit he had caught earlier and started to defur it. It took about 5 minutes to do but it didnt matter. He was starving when he finished and started to "destroy" the rabbit. It took him a shocking 6 minutes to finish the rabbit! But after his face and hands were covered in blood.

"Man i need to go wash up." Walking to the stream, he washed his face and hands releasing a red blood trail in the water.

((thanks smile.gif it was fun describing))

"Me please!" Swalleria said, and grabbed the other half of the fish. She was only able to finish half of the half though, and gave the rest back to Scout. "Too big for me. We could bring it back if you don't want it." she said. "And, you have got to teach me that one day. I could fish the smaller ones i guess."

Oof, this thing is heavier without Swalleria helping me, Shrysta thought. I can do it though! With that mental peptalk, she began to drag her basket again, and soon, the camp was in sight. "There it is!" she said to herself. When she got into the camp, she dumped her prey into a pile with a few birds, and went to check on the egg. Hmm, i should probably get more fur and feathers, she thought. I've been out quite a lot, i should probably get some *yawn* sleep. She lay down on a pile of leaves, wrapping her warm tail around the egg, and dozed off.

ZZZZzzzz....

Starlet nodded to everyone and headed to Kip as the other's cleared out. "Where do you want to hunt?" She asked him. She ruffled her wings and flaxed her talons. She was ready to eat something, and all earlier sleepiness had left her at the prospect of a hunt.

Lily headed back into her cave and stroked the purple egg nestled in a bed of grass that she had gathered. She wished it would hatch, but it just sat there, unmoving. She watched it for a moment before returning to the mouth of the cave.

Dirimin got up and trotted out to go hunt. He saw a fawn zip by and ran after it. When he got close enough , he spread his small wings, threw caution to the wind, and jumped into the sky, and landed right on the fawn. It bucked, trying to get the hatching off of it. He clung tight.

I think we should take to the east forest Kip called from the tree branch he had leap to. Kip continued hoping from tree branch to tree branch until he spotted a group of plump looking rabbits. As he leap from his perch his foot got caught and Kip half leaped half feel to the ground landing on a rabbit killing it instantly. He got up and shook himself looking at the rabbit he fell on saying not a graceful kill was it. Kip took the rabbit and dropped it infront of starlet. Here eat I'm not hungry, you need to keep your strength up.

Thanks I'm starved he ate the rest of the fish, washed his face, and turn back to swalleria. I would love to teach you the move, my dad showed it to me one day. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it, the key is to not let your shadow fall across the water and scare the fish. A shadow quickly glided across the grass, acting on reflexes and the feeling that something wasn't right he pushed swalleria under a bush. Looking up scout saw two huge black dragons land right were scout and swalleria use to be. Scout began to here them speck to each other about some hatchlings that escaped the cave and that if they couldn't find them the messenger would have their heads. After they had their fill they flew off again but something caught one of their eye. It was the fish carcass scout had left, scout did a mental face palm at his Stupied mistake. The dragons study it for a bit then flew off. Scout waited for a while then desided it was clear to leave their bush.

((tell Me if you guys want the dragons to show up again))

"I wonder where they came from." Swalleria asked. Then she answered her own question by saying "probably the messenger's cave." When she walked over to the fish, it reeked of the other dragons. "ugh.. and what's even worse is that they have your scent now! You'll have to be extra cautious when you come scouting now." They walked back to the river, but Swalleria looked up at the sky and said "We should probably head back and report to Kip."

Shrysta awoke because of a burning object by her tail. She thought it was fire, and dashed to the other corner of the cave, but then she realized it was just the egg. "Ouch," she said when she touched it with the tip of her tail. She wrapped some moss around her tail and carried the egg to the medic's den. "I think there's something wrong with the egg!" Shrysta said.

(I assumed eggs could get sick, but wasn't sure what type of sickness.)

Sheila woke up, promptly falling out of a tree. How did I get here? she wondered. Then she remember. Midnight hunt, too tired to go back. Oh bother.

She ran over to the place where the prey was buried, but there was nothing. Oh well. There were other times. She started to run back, going at ludicrous speed to get back to camp.

Yeah ill be more careful in the future, promise. Agreed lets get back to the camp and tell kip. Scout carefully buried the rest of the fish then set a quick pace home. When they got back kip was nowhere to be found so scout decided to sunbath while they waited. Sunbathing had always calmed his nerves and right now they were on end.

Lyna followed the others as they left to hunt, but split off early on. In this one thing she was solitary and liked it that way. Hunting was her 'alone' time and it was nice to have something stable from her earlier existance still intact.

Hunting led her to catch a few rabbits which she ate quickly. As she continued hunting however she spotted something shining in the grass. It was very pretty and she moved carefully towards it, her species love of shiny objects coming to the fore. What she hadn't expected was the shape of a tiny red and gold egg in the grass. It was so tiny and helpless, her, although imature, motherly instincts came to the fore, telling her to take care of the egg.

She did, gently picking it up in her mouth and trotting back towards camp.

Swalleria noticed Scout sunbathing, and asked "Can i join you?" she looked up at the sun, and stretched, and yawned really big. Maybe i should go sleep instead, she thought. Nah, it looks more comfortable here. Anyways, it's nice and warm. She yawned again, and slightly swayed on her paws. She stood up straight, and then waited for Scout to answer.

Shrysta felt foolish when she noticed that nobody was in the Medic's den. She backed out, and went to find Kip, but remembered that he went hunting. She noticed Swalleria and Scout and went over to them. "I think this egg is sick!" she said.

((yay for page three biggrin.gif))

Lyna entered the camp to hear shouting, but she was much to concerned with her egg to listen very much. Instead she went about making a nest. First she found a secluded corner of the campsite where she could leave the egg without fear of predators finding it. Next she began to build the nest. First she build a little mud nest in her corner, then lined the whole thing with twigs and leaves that she found from the surrounding area. These she stomped down so they would lay flat. Afterwards, more grass went into the project, as well as some stones to surround the egg. Last went the egg, nestled in the center, surrounded by protecting grass and moss and rocks. She gently covered the egg with dirt, then snorted as much fire as she could onto the rocks, heating them so they egg would stay warm. Finally she lay on top of the nest and curled around her little egg, hoping it hadn't been left alone to long.

Yes you may I'm enjoying your company today scout said smiling. He streached and laid down next to swalleria enjoying her company and the suns warm rays. Scout looked up when he heard Shrysta's voice and agreed the egg didnt look to good. Are you sure lilys not in the meds den scout said in a concerned voice.

((and yes page 3 biggrin.gif also I've decided that at page 15 you can hatch your eggs if you want))

((yay. more posts to hatch egg lol))

Swalleria was sleeping on the rocks, but awoke when she heard Shrysta. It felt odd to her that the medic wasn't in the den, but then again Lily could be out getting something. "The poor thing. It feels hot, so maybe put it in some cool water?" she suggested.

Shrysta was feeling frustrated, nervous and scared. She didn't want the egg to die, and she felt frustrated that Lily wasn't there. She was also scared that the egg might be sick. "I guess i could try a water den, but only temporarily." She said.

((is a water den a bad idea? idk))

(Green is Xalfer, Red is Shela)

Xalfer wondered if Shela was awake yet so he took a rabbit and walked into the cave. "Shela you in here?" I brought some food for you.

Shela yawned as she heard the voice of Xalfer. "Is it day time already?" She stood up and stretched a bit. Walking near the cave entrance she saw Xalfer with a rabbit in his mouth. "Thank you." She took the rabbit and started to eat. "How is everybody else?"

"Fine except Shrysta's egg is heating up. It might be sick!"

"Oh thats horrible! We should go to them and see if we can help.

I agree with swalleria scout said, try some cold water it may help. Scout also felt it odd that lily wasn't in the med den.

((I think we need lily and starlet to post please)) biggrin.gif

((i agree))

As soon as Shrysta left, Swalleria began to sleep again.

Shrysta hurried off towards the big pond. She didn't want to make the nest directly in the river or beside the river because it was too far away, so she dug a hole in the ground near the cave in the camp. Next, she grabbed a leaf as big as she was. She filled it with water, and filled the hole until it reached the rim. She put some leaves at the bottom and around the edge, so the water wouldn't drain out. Then, she placed some moss inside just to provide extra padding. Finally, she place the egg in and drew a bunch of random patterns around that area. "That should do it" she said.

((DX I don't post here enough!))

Dirimin sliced at the fawn's neck. He jumped of, flew down and landed in front of the fawn, and jumped at its neck. He bit down hard itno it, and it collapesed. He finished it off and he dragged it back to the group's food den. "I got something to eat" he muttered, throwing it onto the small pile of food.

((recap, sorry D: this is my only rp in this section and i keep forgetting about it XP))

Starlet had snapped up the bunny Kip had given her quickly, it sated her hunger, but not nearly enough. "We need to keep hunting..." She scented the air and smelled a few rats, along with another bunny. She raced after the poor thing, leaping in front of it by accident rather than on top of it. Growling she turned and caught it before it could run away. She killed it quickly and dragged it back to Kip. She dropped it and said, "We should get back now."

Lily had just finished breakfast when someone told her of Shrysta's egg problem. She took off for the water dens, figuring that's where she'd go. Lily felt awful that she hadn't been there to help. "SHRYSTA!" She called out, having no idea wich den she was in.

Edited by Merryier12