Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

I personally dislike freezing. I would like all dragons to grow up, mate, and have more dragon babies! Freezing sounds a bit cruel to me, and I really don't plan on using it.

It's worked into the story of one of the dragons on my scroll -- he's a red dragon who was brought up next to a holly and thought they were siblings. When he realized he wouldn't grow up to look like her, he asked to stay a hatchling forever.

I have exactly 184 frozen dragons. All are long-lineaged, messy, or inbred except for the vamps, cheeses, papers, and chickens. I want one of each sprite, so my collection will continue to grow until I hit that goal. The only ones I don't freeze are limited holidays because they're so pretty and I want all the adults I can get. So no, freezing doesn't bother me in the least.

The only frozen I have is my Leetle Tree. I'm just not comfortable with the idea of freezing, and I adore watching my dragons grow up into the adult sprites.

My first frozen was a regular Vine. I freeze hatchlings ever since in order the get all the beautiful sprites^^

Also I have a frozen CB Silver on my scroll. I don't regret it as I don't care about lineages - I just find it very amusing laugh.gif

I feel like I couldn't justify freezing a dragon as it wouldn't benefit it in the long term as dragons have almost unlimited lifespans. Of course, they are pixels. But they're MY PIXELS and I want them to be HAPPY. I would just feel bad for freezing it. >.< So no freezing for me... Except the leetle. wink.gif But it's a tree... so it's fine.

I view freezing as..."messy" when it comes to my scroll. It just doesn't look right to me to have frozens all over the place. I find that dragons not able to breed are just kind of useless anyway when it comes to breeding. I am a breeder so I would naturally hate freezing. It has nothing to do with making dragons "happy" either. In my opinion, the only good thing about it is that you can get rid of hatchlings faster and/or you get to keep cute pixels on your scroll. They are just pixels to me otherwise so...yeah.

I freeze when I feel like it xd.png

I'm not really opposed to it, but I don't like it that much, either. The first dragon I've frozen is a male Pillow, because the sprite looked just adorable wub.gif

I feel like I couldn't justify freezing a dragon as it wouldn't benefit it in the long term as dragons have almost unlimited lifespans. Of course, they are pixels. But they're MY PIXELS and I want them to be HAPPY. I would just feel bad for freezing it. >.< So no freezing for me... Except the leetle. wink.gif But it's a tree... so it's fine.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. And my leetle isn't 'frozen'....it's a Bonsai! tongue.gif

At first I thought I would never have frozens but they never bothered me on others scrolls, Then as time went on I decided I would like to have frozen of the stages on my scroll, so now I tend to get my hatchlings to freeze when its low time and I have extra space to grow them, I like them and Id be freezing 1 egg of each if I could as well. I do not freeze Holiday Dragons as we can only have 2 so I let them all grow into adults

I personally dislike freezing. I would like all dragons to grow up, mate, and have more dragon babies! Freezing sounds a bit cruel to me, and I really don't plan on using it.

whats cruel about giving a dragon the ability to stay young forever? do u know how much a human would pay 4 that? lol xd.png

For a really long time, I never wanted to freeze my hatchlings. I just didn't see the point of freezing them when they could grow up to be adults! But, now, I have a new scroll goal to get an s1 hatchie for every breed. It really doesn't bother me that much anymore!

I like having a S2 of each breed and each gender if the sprites are different. Really glad I have S2s of a frill and an old pink. And I... I freeze 1 of 2 holiday dragons. >.> I just like having continuity on my scroll.

I only have frozen one hatchling. I really dont like freezing. Its not because I think its wrong or anything, I just dont like it for some reason. Maybe I will change my mind later on. tongue.gif

I mass froze Hatchlings as part of Save The Rares. I used them to earn 3 CB Vines, which I then used to start a mass breeding experiment to try to get one Alt Vine.

Hasn't worked so far, but I remain optimistic.

I Have NO frozen hatchies...never want any.

Ive been a member for several years...I also ask people i gift to please not freeze any gifted(especially if I BRED them)eggs/dragons of mine...just my personal feelings.

I dont like them.

Rockin' On

The only thing I have not frozen is a hollly, I just like having all the different sprites. Also the majority of my frozens are cbs, coz well.....I like cbs!

Edited by Karobb

When I joined, I hated freezing - it sounded so cruel, I thought it was meant literally, and I always imagined it would mean freezing the hatchling in a block of ice that would be standing in some corner of my cave - so freezing was like killing for me. I also remember finding that one of my dragons' babies had been frozen on another scroll, and I was really shocked and angry at the person who had done this (well, since I didn't know about lineages back then, I guess it was really messy or inbred).

I don't remember why I finally chose to freeze one of my own hatchlings, but when I saw the "You cast a spell on the hatchling that stops any aging" message, I was really relieved that it wasn't frozen literally. And I felt really stupid for having been angry at people who froze my dragons offspring xd.png

After I found out that freezing actually means "forever-young-spell", I completely changed my mind about it and froze a lot of hatchlings. Collecting all the sprites, including hatchlings, is one of my scroll goals now (although I'm not working much on that at the moment).

Edited by Ha-Ki

When I joined I thought freezing was horrible and inhumane (or the dragon equivalent smile.gif ) or something like that. As time went on and I spent more time on the cave, I saw certain lineages weren't really wanted and blocked up the AP. As I began to be picky about lineages, I started freezing (or freezing on the way to releasing) and want one of each non-holiday sprite on my scroll eventually.

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure which was my first frozen, thinking it's probably the purple horse one. I'm not overkeen on freezing unless the hatchling is prettier than the full grown dragon and I rarely freeze mine tongue.gif

Well, just froze my first dragon as requested by the gifter. A cute, very messy lineaged female Black hatchling, and it actually wasn't that bad! And now she's a cute little thing sitting up at the top welcoming people to my scroll. tongue.gif I feel a lot more comfortable doing it again sometime

The only dragon I can remember freezing was my two Frilleds' one offspring. It was right around the time that it was announced they'd be discontinued.

Too bad I was too late to freeze a baby bright pink, since I just have one adult of those.

This is not meant to break down the freezing fanatics, or those who really like freezing. But...

I HATE freezing. Don't like it. At all. Period. I am a silver trophy and I don't have one frozen dragon on my scroll(apart from the Leetle tree). I think of it as cutting off the dragon's life-think back to when you were 10. How would you feel if somebody put a curse on you and made you stop growing? You'd never get to drive. Or graduate. Or go to college. Or get a job. You could be forty inside of a 10-year-old's body!