Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

I've never liked freezing at all, to be honest. I mean, I can understand why others may like it to, say, complete their sprite collection, but I just can't bring myself to freeze. I prefer adult dragons anyway, they just look nicer to me smile.gif

But my biggest pet peeve? When you find a hatchling on the abandoned page, but someone else takes it first, and you go to see who got it, and they've frozen it and released it to the wilderness. It's like, if that's all you're gonna do with the hatchling, then why not let someone else take it who will actually care for it and raise it? dry.gif

...Can't say I'm that emotionally opposed to the idea as some, since I don't invest emotions into the game.

I still don't freeze often though, unless I really like the sprite. I try to keep invreds off my scroll too, so I'll often just raise an inbred egg then abandon it when it hatches.

My first Freeze was a Terrae. I froze it because I liked the idea of having a miniature plant-like dragon, and adut Terraes seemed too huge and bulky. I then froze a Water Walker because its s1 sprite looks so funny.

I don't like freezing. It kinda makes me... I dunno, feel bad? wink.gif

I kinda want to freeze a female Gold hatchie someday, though. The sprite is really cute.

I've never frozen anything. I don't have anything against it, but it's just not my play style. biggrin.gif

I'm nowhere near the point in my collection where I can start freezing, so all I have is my leetle tree marked as frozen so far.

Honestly though I can't say I'm super interested in freezing unless I love the sprite and actually do miss seeing them on my scroll when they grow up. (Both stages of the Bluna hatchies are the most adorable things. Needless to say if I do decide to get some hatchies just for freezing BLUNA'S GONNA BE FIRST ON MY LIST.)

I have (at last count) over 140 frozen black hatchies. Some of them even CB. Mostly when CB blacks were a lot more common... I freeze stuff that I don't want to breed or collect.

They pixels. I treat them the same way as any of the other pixels on the site. I want to collect them all.

I've recently started freezing hatchies. After 4 years of collecting just adult sprites, it feels strange to be freezing hatchies now. I'm trying to convince myself that collecting hatchies in addition to adults is just another way to expand my collection & isn't something to feel guilty about. tongue.gif

Most of my frozen hatchlings are blacks and vines.. :[

From my alt hunts a few years ago, i feel really bad about how much frozen vines and blacks i have, but dont want to release any of them. (that would make me feel even more horrible x____x)

I'm sort of against myself freezing things now.. :b unless i absolutely need to, ofc.

like when im hatchling locked during a event drop or urgent trade.

I froze one of my first four dragons, so it's nothing I ever "grew up" as a DC player ever being against. I had no idea some people found it offensive or anything until I joined the forums.

I don't really like freezing because....I don't know, it feels weird to see a little dude among your big ones. tongue.gif I guess.

In all, I probably have about 5 frozen...3 as black alts, one as a zombie, one for no apparent reason...and I'm sure another for no reason either. (I think I was saving them for Halloween to make into zombies.)

I'm fine with frozen hatchlings.

My goal is to have at least one couple of every breed and 3 frozen children (male, female, ungendered). I only wouldn't freeze a holiday dragon xd.png

I don't like the idea of freezing and would prefer to either abandon a hatchling or raise it to adulthood.

Oh my... I don't even remember what was my first frozen hatchling or if I have released him/her into wilderness.

I myself feel indifferent about freezing really. While some people have reason of collecting the hatchling sprites, I like to think about there being deeper reason behind it. But I do admit, the hatchies are too cute.

I think about this from roleplayer's point of view, thus there would be a reason like sickness or something. Anything that can help later in writing description for the dragon in question.

I think my first freeze was a S1 Two-Finned Bluna, because it looked like it was screaming. So I named it "HELP ME IM STUCK".

I've been Neutral about freezing before, after, and during freezing her.

Edited by Dracoscar

My first frozen hatchling was a magi, because I liked the S2 hatchling sprite. Spark has her own little story of how she got frozen in her description, and it ties in why there’re other frozen hatchlings in the ‘clan’ from an RP point of view.

I’ve never felt that strongly about freezing. When I first joined I thought it was pretty pointless as I just wanted adult dragons at the time, but I never thought it was ‘wrong or ‘cruel’ or anything like that. I gradually changed opinion as my collection of adults grew as I also like the hatchling sprites. In some breeds I like the hatchlings better than the adults (nothing would please me more than an army of the new prize dragon S2 hatchlings but that’ll be a long time coming).

Normally I can’t resist freezing valentine dragon hatchlings as the hatchling sprites are so adorable. I kind of wish I froze a yulebuck and snow angel hatchling as those also had really cute S2s.

My aim is to finally have one frozen hatchling of each stage for each dragon sprite (and I'm quite far from it rolleyes.gif )

I almost never freeze an hatchling if I already have it as frozen and I really prefer to freeze bad lineaged ones. Really hate to freeze CBs (I consider it a waste) and never freeze holidays if I can only have 2 of them

Edited by Iside

I'm not really against freezing hatchlings, but I've never done it myself.

I'll likely eventually start collecting hatchling sprites (except for holidays of course) once I grow tired of raising dragons to adulthood. Though right now I can't decide if I haven't started yet because I like having a scroll full of adults or if I feel bad for taking away a hatchling's ability to grow up. xd.png

my Scroll goal is to have as many different Sprites as possible, so I freeze anything, if it is needed for my Scroll goal ^^ but the only thing that makes me sad is the 2-per-Scroll Limit (why can´t it be 3 per Scroll...), I would love to have a S1 Hatchling for my Collection, too...

I used to freeze quite regularly whenever I hatched a messy lineaged dragon. I like collecting the dragons in their different stages. Recently though, I can't really bring myself to freeze certain breeds. I'd rather raise the dragons to adulthood than freeze.

My goal is to have each sprite, so I freeze hatchies of every breed, except for holidays. If they are common, I'll freeze CBs and if they are rare I'll trade for messy ones.

As soon as I learned you could freeze hatchlings, I fell in love with the idea! Some of the hatchlings are just so cute I couldn't not freeze them smile.gif

Now frozen hatchlings sort of fit into my cave's "story line" and each female I have will eventually have a male, female, and ungendered frozen hatchling with her!

I don't remember being strongly against it. When I was a newbie dragons were so hard to get ahold of that it wouldn't have made much sense to me. I wanted adults of every kind and I spent a lot of time breeding and abandoning so that other people would have a chance to own pretty dragons too.

I don't remember when I became aware of freezing, nor when I first considered it. I don't actually remember my first freezing at this point. It may have been my first alt black ... or that may just be the one that I remember the most. I know I had a few hatchies that I thought were far too pretty to lose that hatchie stage.

When I first started freezing I thought of frozen hatchies as somewhat magical creatures. Forever young, forever unchanging. Imagining a small group of dragonchildren running around their adults was (and still is) a very interesting image for me. smile.gif

Now, I do it quite a bit for commons with lots of inbreeding. I try to choose what gets frozen with care, and I release a lot of things rather than holding onto them if that seems like a better plan.