Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

I don't freeze dragons. But I wish some people would, instead of breeding messy ones...

I've never minded freezing, at least that I can recall. I like to have at the very least one adult and one frozen hatchling of each breed on my scroll. Especially since some hatchlings are super cute! <3

One thing I won't do, though, is freeze s1s. There's a simple reason for this: there's a two-dragon-limit on holidays. If I can only have an adult and s2 of holidays, than that's going to be the standard for my entire scroll, because I am faux-OCD and like to have everything look neat and standardized.

I also like to think of frozen hatchlings as more snapshots in time than dragons that literally can't ever grow up. Usually the first offspring I get from certain pairings is the one I'll freeze, and then I'll describe that one as being the happy child of the adult pair. It's just too sad if it's really a magically crippled baby that can never be an adult someday. ;A;

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I am so happy about being able to freeze /anything/. I love to freeze whatever I find in nthe AP, and am trying to grow an army of frozen Spits and Albinos (Both of which are on hiatus due to my incredible lazyness and lockage, sadly. I'll get back to my whole 'disposition' naming scheme soon, I swear!) I'm also going to freeze a holly s2 two years from next Christmas, because I have IOU obligations, and I just want to see the fury on people's faces when they find my scroll and try to viewbomb the egg out of jealousy. My egg, my rights.

When I started Dragon Cave, I had an excellent set of morals. I was going to only have 1 adult and 1 female dragon of each type, never freeze, no deaths, no horrible vamps, etc.

My first freezing happened 1 day before my first month of here, when I had got my2d horse dragon in a short period of time, and not being a big fan (talented spriting, good design, jjust not my cup of tea, no offence to any spriters) I froze this dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/nF6Vh

Nowadays I freeze them, but I always find them a mate (an inbred dragon I will never breed, an unbreedable, or another freezie), and give them some Xfactor sob story about how they got a fever and had to be frozen to survive, how they needed to freeze themselves in order to fit through a small hole and save their friend, etc, and I have quite the collection smile.gif

There was a mass freeze one night, back in January I think, when I spent about 5 hours on the AP and picked up...around 15... low time eggs/hatchies...I was only on bronze then so had to freeze some to make more room.

I veiw freezing as simply preventing the hatchie from developing into an adult, not killing it or anything like that. I only freeze S2 Hatchies :3

I have no idea why I simply melt (haha) at the bright green eyes and side cocked head of the S2 Magma Hatchies. But I do. I knew that was going to be the first one I froze, but Magmas were so useful for so long that I waited until I had enough variety. I froze one of my own babies because anything else felt greedy.

I was very anti-freezing for a long time. I thought it was selfish and cruel. I was also anti-inbred snobbery for a very long time. And then I had to start sorting my scroll by hand when I had a few hundred dragons. I know thats a small amount to most people, but for me it caused me to flip out. I actually put off getting my gold trophy (only 9 left!!!) for 3-4 months because I decided the only way I could keep much order was to have mostly only even gens (a few stairsteps and spirals) and almost zero messy lineages. Then I got why people froze.

Some of the babies are just so adorable, and some of them you either have so many or you will never breed them, but you can keep that cute forever young joy on your scroll with freezing.

I will probably freeze more hatchlings in the future and I dont look at it as freezing either. Its not like I'm sticking them in Amber like on Fringe and they are forever trapped for eons and their minds still work and they are left to suffer. Some people want to collect all the sprites. Some people write stories with their dragons. Some people don't care because its just a pixel. Some people want some cute babies on their scroll. Some people think its cruel and will never do it. Great. We may all be playing the same game, but we all play it different ways. However people have fun, let them have their fun.

The reason this game is fun is because there are lots of different people. The reason we get dragon varieties and new sprites and new breeds is because different people get inspired and help to create them. The reason we have different threads and conversations is because we are all different. Save the lectures and arguments and just have fun because if we were all the same, this game would be BORING!

I have no idea why I simply melt (haha) at the bright green eyes and side cocked head of the S2 Magma Hatchies. But I do. I knew that was going to be the first one I froze, but Magmas were so useful for so long that I waited until I had enough variety. I froze one of my own babies because anything else felt greedy.

I was very anti-freezing for a long time. I thought it was selfish and cruel. I was also anti-inbred snobbery for a very long time. And then I had to start sorting my scroll by hand when I had a few hundred dragons. I know thats a small amount to most people, but for me it caused me to flip out. I actually put off getting my gold trophy (only 9 left!!!) for 3-4 months because I decided the only way I could keep much order was to have mostly only even gens (a few stairsteps and spirals) and almost zero messy lineages. Then I got why people froze.

Some of the babies are just so adorable, and some of them you either have so many or you will never breed them, but you can keep that cute forever young joy on your scroll with freezing.

I will probably freeze more hatchlings in the future and I dont look at it as freezing either. Its not like I'm sticking them in Amber like on Fringe and they are forever trapped for eons and their minds still work and they are left to suffer. Some people want to collect all the sprites. Some people write stories with their dragons. Some people don't care because its just a pixel. Some people want some cute babies on their scroll. Some people think its cruel and will never do it. Great. We may all be playing the same game, but we all play it different ways. However people have fun, let them have their fun.

The reason this game is fun is because there are lots of different people. The reason we get dragon varieties and new sprites and new breeds is because different people get inspired and help to create them. The reason we have different threads and conversations is because we are all different. Save the lectures and arguments and just have fun because if we were all the same, this game would be BORING!

No one is arguing, nor lecturing, I don't understand where the last part came from. But I digress, many people freeze because of the way the game is set up. You don't want a certain lineage? Freeze. it'll still count, you can do it basically as many times as you want, and it's easy enough to deal with. There's always a justification towards a game like this. /always/.

i,for one am against freezing.

i don't know why,i just am

perhaps you guys can give me a reason later

but any way

are you agents freezing?

tell me, are you? or do you like it? find it useful? because i cant help being happy when my dragons grow up.I've heard that people often freeze alt black dragons. why? you don't need to prove you had the alt if you have the adult, and who's not going to believe you?

so here,im gunna make some banners but they wont be animated,i don't know how to get the animated ones up here

and they will be both for and agents freezing

user posted image

http://i50.tinypic.com/2v29sef.gif

user posted image

http://i47.tinypic.com/30w9ilx.png

user posted image

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ywiceb.png

People often freeze black alt hatchlings because there are two different sprites;

'Curled' Alt:

user posted image

'Sitting' Alt:

user posted image

I myself don't freeze, but a lot of people like the hatchie sprites so that's why. Totally doesn't affect the hatchlings at all. I like gold hatchlings, so if I got a gold dragon I'd probably freeze one of it's kids just 'cause they are so cute. :3

Also, something is bothering me; Why did you misspell 'Against' in the banners and the thread topic? I keep misreading this as 'Agents', and not 'Against'. huh.gif

As for making animated banners, they need to be .gif files. .jpg, .png, and .bmp files cannot be animated.

And besides, aren't the hatchies adorable? You can't keep 'em forever though. That's why freezing was created. Also, some people have a goal to collect all the sprites and you can't do that without freezing.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Do you mean that you are against freezing or are you an agent of freezing? Sorry, with the bad spelling it's hard to tell. unsure.gif

People freeze Alts for collecting purposes, and in the case of Black Alts, because there are two different Alt sprites, so they want to show which hatchie it was. There are Sitting Black hatchie Alts, and Curled Black hatchie Alts.

I freeze because I really like certain hatchies (such as the Mint hatchie...they are adorable) and am not a fan of the adult. I just think of them as little Peter Pans; they are forever young smile.gif

Other people, myself included, are completionists, and we want every single sprite that can be collected. Eggs excepted of course, since we can't freeze eggs.

Edit: ninja.gifd by Silver.

Edited by CDM

-merging with existing topic-

I like to freeze hatchlings because I like to collect all the sprites. I used to only collect and freeze male and female hatchlings, but then I started freezing ungendered ones too since they have different sprites.

When I first started playing I didn't really care (or know much) about freezing. I just didn't really see the point in it so I didn't do it.

My first frozen was Lil Laggy. She was one of my dragons that survived the Lagmonster unscathed (I had one that died and was revived by TJ and two that disappeared that were also recovered) so I froze her and named her after it. Actually her and one other Black Dragon were the only two (growing dragons) to fight through the Lagmonster successfully. xd.png

After that I still didn't freeze much until a few months later when I decided to start collecting every sprite. I still freeze on occasion but usually only if I snag a messy lined hatchling in the AP or if I have a Chicken or a Cheese (I have a small army of those hatchies).

I don't usually freeze, unless it's for Zombie fodder. Although I think I did freeze some commons early for So You Want a Silver?

The only time I'm against freezing is Hollies.

Off the top of my head, I can only remember two hatchlings I've ever frozen. Both are very dear, and I can't say I regret doing that. My first was when at the beginning of joining DC, I couldn't get enough views so my eggs kept dying. I finally got a set of four to hatchling S1 and was going through the options and decided to freeze my skewing, fondly named Blue Corundum, because it was so hardy. The next day, I check back and all three hatchlings are dead, lack of views, but being frozen, Blue Corundum was indeed hardy, surviving to this day. My other was my first hatchling catch from the AP and coincidentally, it happened to be a Terrae, thus named Little Orphan Dear.

I personally don't mind freezing, but I'd rather if people want to freeze, they would do it on a messy/inbred lineage, rather than a CB, which could have the potential to become part of a wonderful lineage.

Though I understand many people want to freeze for all the different sprites, I feel that with those rates, aka metallics, metals, and holidays, that those wouldn't be frozen.

blink.gif I didn't know how long this was going to be...

1. What was your first freezing?

2. How did you feel about freezing before that?

3. How did you feel about freezing after that?

1. Sunstone Hatchling

2. I wasn't going to use it until I had breeding pairs of each dragon, but ended up freezing a lot of things.

3. I think it's useful if you wanna get a trophy quickly. But I'm still sticking to breeding pairs iof adults and frozen hatchlings (Some information in my profile, too.)

Furthermore, I decided to freeze my beloved Saign, which I put some thought into.

Edited by Ultra

I never freeze hatchlings, it seems to be a waste to me....why not let them grow? At least that way you can breed them(if they are breedables).

The concept seems a bit cruel too, as eternal youth would become a torture over time; plus it can never be undone. The only reason I see to freeze hatchies is for collecting all sprites or preventing severe inbreds from breeding. (I dont do either, if I get an inbred I raise it then release).

I have no idea which my first freeze was... probably a gray, because I think their first stage hatchling forms are adorable. Of course, I froze it back when freezing didn't stop the development at the first stage, so I ended up with a second-stage gray hatchling... cute, but not as cute as I'd been hoping.

I have a huge number of frozen hatchlings--well over fifty. Some I have frozen because I though they were cute, a few for sentimental reasons, and a few to use as dividers between sections on my scroll. Then I froze a bunch of CB caveblockers--that was when you could only have X number of hatchlings on your scroll, and I wanted to keep my hatchling slots open for dragons I actually wanted to grow up. When the hatchling limit was removed, I stopped freezing them and let them all grow up instead.

Nowdays, I'm in the "Save the Rares" project, and I'm specifically looking for and freezing hatchlings with messy/inbred lineages. I'm about to hit my two-week freeze limit, though, so not all of my StR dragons will be frozen hatchlings--I'll probably end up with quite a few adults as well. I'd prefer to freeze them as hatchies than let them grow up, but that's because I think the hatchie forms are cuter than the adults in a lot of cases (and also because frozen hatchlings are worth a whole point while adults are only worth a half a point each). And I refuse to have an adult balloon on my scroll, or any more adult albinos.

As for how I feel about it--obviously I don't have a problem with it! I really don't care about other people using it on whatever. I've had a few of the nicer dragons I've bred and released on the AP end up frozen as hatchlings, which I find a bit perplexing--like a third-even-gen silver x black, or a gold tinsel back when they were still super rare--but at least they didn't kill them, and I'd rather they be frozen than dead. I only really care about what's on -my- scroll. Though now I'm thinking it would be cool to have a scroll consisting entirely of frozen hatchlings, with no adults...

Edited by elynne

I realize that freezing is a great way to get trophies, but I really don't care about them. I've been active on this site for a year and a half and still have yet to get a silver trophy. Simply put, I like the adult sprites better. They're more detailed, and many of the hatchling sprites feel unfinished IMO. I realize this is because it is difficult to shade on that small of a scale, and there are many hatchlings I really like.

But more than that, I find it rather cruel, escpecially freezing S1s. They will never develop completely and will always be weak, the runts. They can't defend themselves as well unless they were frozen quite late, and many will never grow wings. I always feel sorry for frozen S1s for that reason. I think it's because of my quest to describe all of the dragons in my scroll. I've grown attached to my page of pixels, because each one has a story, a personality. On another adoptables site I go on, I use frozen common eggs as lables, but you can't describe your creatures on that site. The moment they have a story, they become not just pictures on a page but characters. And I can't help but imagine how they would feel to be frozen.

As of this time(many years)I myself,have NEVER EVER frozen any of my hatchies...when I caught the "LEETLE TREE" it showed up auto as frozen on my scroll stats tongue.gif ..but..thats it for me!I hope it stays that way..& I do NOT kill ibreds either...if you feel THAT strongly(There ARE places that ASK for messy inbreds)but if its push or shove...release the dragon! xd.png !!

Rockin' On

I have never and will never freeze anything that I have. Not even inbred dragons, which I actively seek out - I think they're much better than just short lineaged ones. They've had entire histories that're waiting to be read, and more that're just waiting to be written.

Hmm..I think my first freezing was a sitting black alt. I don't do it too often as, most of the time, I need my breeders.

I'm doing it only to complete a scroll goal, but that's fine by me. xd.png

My first Frozen was an Inbred Male Two-Headed. I gave him a description, which originally was horrible, but I have since become much better at writing~

Iced Dragon likes to steal anyone's iced tea. Iced displays those cute, round eyes, then steals the drink when no one's looking. He then goes to hide in the corner and drinks it all up, and paws at the cup or whatever it was in when the drink is gone.

Sometimes the two heads fight over the last few drops of tea.

I'm not against Freezing, as I do it all the time, and I have over 30 Frozen as of now.