Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

Apparently I froze the first dragon I ever owned (on a scroll). xd.png I have no idea why... I remember regretting it for a while, but now it doesn't really bother me. I still love the little minty. laugh.gif

I froze my first hatchling after less than two weeks on the site - a CB White male.

A glance at my scroll would tell you that I have never been against freezing - I have 295 frozen dragons. For each type of dragon, I try to get male/female adults, male/female S2 hatchlings, and a S1 hatchling. Even the limited holiday dragons are subject to freezing. I think most of the hatchlings are cute and sometimes I like the hatchling sprites more than the adult sprites. smile.gif

It never bothers me when others freeze the offspring of my dragons.

O..... Okay..... NDer's scroll stats shows, that my first frozen hatchling was a CB winter!! And no, don't ask me why I froze a CB back then, but I suspect the seasonals were so easy to catch that it was just as easy to freeze a CB than a bred one. ^^"

As for my feelings towards freezing, I don't think I was ever against it. It clearly showed in the description of freezing, that it 'stops the hatchling from growing', which in my own words I read it as 'eternal youth', which is a good thing, no? xd.png That's also why I didn't get when people said they feel sad for all those frozen hatchlings 'frozen in ice', 'immobile' or something rather... They are certainly NOT frozen in the sense of 'put into freezer for freshness' kind of freezing. laugh.gif

Mine is an S2 Albino hatchling with a terribly inbred lineage, and she's since been joined by other inbreds--they're the only ones I freeze. I was against freezing when I first joined, but changed my mind when I started caring about lineages.

After a while of collecting dragons, I decided to start freezing an s1 and an s2 male and female hatchling of every species. I still have a lot of breeds to begin freezing for though.

I freeze only long lineaged and inbred hatchies, as I will never breed them anyway.

I'm playing for over two years now, and still don't have anything frozen on my scroll. ohmy.gif I just don't like freezing. (However, I don't mind if others freeze their dragons, not even if they were bred from my scroll and gifted or something. Freezing is just not something I'd do.)

Edited by olympe

The first dragon I froze was a messy and super inbred Purple Nebula. I think I caught it in the AP as a low time egg and I didn't want to accidentally breed my other Nebulas with it so I decided to freeze it.

When I started playing I was super against freezing, no matter how messy or inbred they were. I would see frozen hatchlings in other peoples scroll and I would feel sorry for the hatchies xd.png *oh my gawd thats so mean, they froze so many sad.gif * lol

Now I don't really mind it, I'm actually collecting hatchies to freeze from every species possible. Only thing is, I try for them to be messy and inbred lineages, unless they are super common dragons, then I may freeze it if I can't trade it for a messy one.

When I feel a bit guilty I just think that all the hatchies can play with each other tongue.gif

My first freezing was a female spitfire hatchling, reason being, i already had one and intended to trade it to my friend, but my first magi was still an egg, so i froze it before i knew i couldnt trade frozen, then i got depressed and felt bad for the poor little hatchling, and ive never froze again, but i think its a cute idea to freeze the hatchlings to show how they both look when they gender, my friend froze some of his hatchlings and felt so bad they were trapped in the same small body that he killed them, i do plan on freezing again, but not right now

a water hatchling, because while im not fond of the adult, the hatchlings are like little dratinis. least, i think that's it. dunno how i remember why i froze the little guy, being that it was over three years ago that i did it

I froze all my first dragons cause I was so afraid they would die (and I thought they were cuter) xd.png

I have a lot of frozen CBs too cause in the olden days people valued lineaged dragons more than CB (what a regret now!)

My first frozen was a Green dragon about a year after I first joined.

I never had anything against freezing and I wanted a complete scroll with all the pictures, so of course I wanted to collect frozens of each species. I only started so late because I wanted an adult first and only froze seconds of a breed.

Back then there was no lineage view and I probably froze some pretty lineages and let the Inbred grow up because I got it first but hindsights 20-20 and all that dry.gif

An inbred S1 Mint was my first freeze. I froze it today. Here's the lineage link: LOLCatnip IB. It is a Silver-fail, so it is also quite a precious thing, even though it's inbred.

Edited by BlazingPhoenix

My first frozen was a BBW, because at the time I was participating in the holly contest. I needed it to count fast. As of today, I have two frozens, both of which are BBW's!

My first frozen was a CB Whiptail Hatchie. I had a lot of whiptails and I wanted to freeze something, so I froze it. laugh.gif

My first freezing was last year, and it was a Ribbon Dancer.

I originally had no interest in freezing, but it was when I saw users freezing Holidays (those that had a limit of 2) to preserve the sprites. I took into consideration the limit of such dragons and my freezing escapade started from there.

My only frozen till this date O_o : - egg spam removed- /view/EUB7[/url]

a lil chickie smile.gif so cute.

Edited by rubyshoes

I feel fabulously about freezing.

It's a great way to get huge hordes of adorable hatchlings.

My first freeze was a CB black hatchie.

(Which I have lamented about ever since)

Since then I've gotten 200 frozens or so.

When I first started i had it in my head that it wasn't good to have more than one of the same gender for a specific breed so i started freezing my gender duplicates. Thankfully once i realized there wasn't a limit dragon limit I stopped right then & there.

Now I try to stick to freezing inbred or sloppy lineage hatchlings, but ill occasionally freeze a CB common out of impulse.

The only type of freezing I don't take part in is freezing hatchlings to count towards my overall dragon total for the trophies.

I freeze whenever I get around to completing my scroll.

That means: 4 adults, 2 of each gender at the very LEAST. Then for the hatchlings, 1 male, 1 female, and 1 s1 for each species smile.gif

I freeze... I have no problem with it (unless it's a rare CB or something, lol). I don't bother with ungendered though, maybe I will one day but it's too much work for now.

When I first joined DC, I used to grab a lot of failed Alt lotteries and then freeze them (to prevent scroll lock).

But now I only freeze if I already have the adults for the species, or if the dragon has a messy lineage.

I'm not too sure which one was first, but I have a male Skywing and female Silver Y_Y from July 2008. If only click sites were more popular at that time sad.gif

Edit: Oh, did I mention the silver was CB?

Edit2: I tend not to freeze. The main reason I might freeze a hatchling is if I picked it up from the AP and it is really inbred.

Edited by DeathCry

The first hatchling I froze was a cheese dragon. I froze it because I liked the hatchling sprite way more than the adult. xd.png I do that with dinos too, for the same reason. I'm not planning on freezing breedables though.

i dont know what my first freeze was, but ive always loved freezing. at one point, when i wasn't so far away from a gold trophy, i had a burst of initiative, and stalked the ap for any and all hatchies. i froze every one i caught immediately. xd.png got up there quick! <3

i am strictly anti freezing ihave abandoned a water horse egg before