Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

My first was a rosebud hatchie. I hated the idea of freezing. But I really, really liked the hatchie and didn't care for the adult. So I mustered up the courage for my first freeze. I let one grow up, being my first CB valentine and all.

Second was a black hatchie. I needed room ASAP, and after my first time releasing hatchies, I didn't want to do it again. Bad memory. So I had no choice. I chose the gosh-darned cutest hatchie on my scroll and froze it. He is now one of my favorites.

Now I freeze what I please. Which means papers and non-holiday hatchies just too cute for their own good, like RBs and Vamps. I don't intend to freeze more limit holidays unless I get a repeat of my rosebud situation.

With one exception so far, I let them grow wings first. The exception is my s1 paper. It would never gender anyway. tongue.gif I also don't like freezing CBs, stair steps, or EGs, due to nice lineage potential unless I bred it myself and can easily do so again.

EDIT: I currently have 18 frozen hatclings. That's 2.28% of my scroll. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I used to hate freezing. Now I'm becoming freeze-happy.

Edited by AlternateMew

I have 404 frozens. (Ahahaha xd.png) My first frozen was a female silver (according to NDER). I never froze hatchlings before that (obviously o3o), like a lot of new members you don't see the point, but then you get into collecting ALL the sprites once you have most of the dragons, so freezing just ends up being a dimension of the game a lot of members discover later.

Obviously I'm fine with it now. :3 However I don't like that I have so MANY frozens. They make up 30% of my scroll. I feel like I'm cheating with so many, but most of them are frozen for the army at the back of my scroll to name-hold. I'd like to cut it down to 20% eventually.

I just froze my first two hatchlings yesterday; both male embers. I found both of them already in the hatchling stage in the AP - probably people clearing room for Valentine's eggs. I didn't care for their lineages and needed more scroll space so I froze and named 'em. :3

I don't have a problem with freezing, especially now that hatchlings don't count as much toward scroll locked limits. Some hatchies are just so gosh darn cute that I want to keep one that way. Sometimes, if I just think they're kinda cute, but know that I'll never breed them if they grow up, and I already have adults of that sprite, I freeze 'em anyways, but I don't do that all that often.

The first hatchie I ever froze was a marrow I picked up this past Halloween. I can't believe the description says "this hatchling can hardly be considered cute." I think they're just amazingly adorable, in a creepy kinda way. I also love the name I got for her: Lil' Grim Reaper.

First one I froze was a female split. I froze 3 of them cuz I was mad at them for being female when I wanted a male. I regret it though. The other one I froze was a Autumn seasonal hatchie and I'm glad I did. They look cute and when they put in the holiday sprites the one it got turned into was so cute. Those are the only frozen ones I will have for now. I may get a couple ungendered Royal Blue hatchlings.

I don't remember what species the first dragon I froze was. Although I didn't start freezing until much later after I joined DC. I just didn't see a point to it.

Now it's my goal to get a frozen S2 hatchie of each gender and a frozen S1 hatchie for each of my breed collections. smile.gif

I froze one because it was the first time I'd successfully forced an egg and for some reason wanted to commemorate it by having the "This hatchling was forced out of its egg prematurely" thing always be there, and the rest just because I found the hatchlings cute, or because I preferred the hatchlings to the adults of that species. My first was a Geode, I believe.

Well.... I don't actually mind freezing, unless the hatchling's been gifted to you.

I plan on freezing a Two Finned Bluna S1 hatchling because it's so darn cute >3< And a S2 Spitfire hatchling because I think it looks pretty epic xd.png That's about it... Well, maybe a S2 female Hellfire Wyvern, but that's it tongue.gif

I freeze any inbred creature on my scroll, besides the ones I was unable to and the ones that were my first four.

I have most s1 and s2 hatchies frozen on my scroll. I also always freeze my 2nd holiday ^^

So yeah, I have no problems with it. :3

I think my first freeze was this Summer Hatchie.

Never really had anything against freezing, the only dragons I wasn't sure about freezing were the X-mas and V-day ones because of the two per scroll limit. But after seeing the S2 Yule hatchie I changed my mind xd.png.

biggrin.gif FROZEN HATCHIES! My first one was a little ungendered nebula. He currently sits on my scroll in between my two full grown ones.

My first was a female Black Dragon. I wanted it to be a male, because I've about 3 females and only one male ><.

And a regular Vine, gendered male when I expected a female xd.png I was pretty upset, so i froze them. Later I was sorry :/

My first freezing was Our Lady Clairen. I was really hoping the hatchling would gender female, and of course it gendered male. So I froze it as quickly as I could, because I didn't want it as an adult. I'm still slightly annoyed, but not enough to make him a Disgraced.

I've never had anything against freezing, and I'm doing more freezings now, but they take time.

I regret freezing some of my little ones. For some reason, I thought you were only allowed 6 hatchlings and if any eggs hatched past that, one would be abandoned at random. So, I ended up freezing a few random hatchlings. I really wish I didn't. Especially my Purples.

I don't hate my little frozen ones, of course. I would never release them. They have their own place on my scroll. :3

I don't mind freezing my hatchlings, unless if it was gifted to me and I did not have the permission of the gifter.

My first was a CB Guardian hatchling named Mord'reith. I thought the sprite looked cute, so I froze him/her.

I wished I could have frozen another CB Guardian hatchling, so I could've saved him/her from dying. I put him/her on Dragonnery, and for some reason, it kept glitching and taking him/her off of the click site. Then I had computer problems, and by the time I was able to log back on, he/she was already dead. sad.gif

I merely thought, and still do, that freezing was a way of giving hatchlings eternal youth.

If it is a rare, I'll only freeze a bred hatchie. I have a male, female and ungendered of each breed (that we are allowed more than 2 of)... and a frozen hatchie of each holiday.

My first frozen was Saekura.

I have nothing against freezing, personally, so long as I have at least one adult (particularly in the case of event dragons) already. Sometimes, though, if I like the adult more than the hatchling, I won't freeze an event hatchling. For normal dragons, it depends. But most of the time, after I get a male and female adult, I'll freeze at least one hatchling. It doesn't matter if it's s1 or s2.

My first freezing was a gendered Albino. I love the hatchlings but...don't love the adults. I have two adult Albinos (one m, one f) regardless, so I wanted an Albino in each stage of growth. I have a fresh-hatched frozen Albino and a gendered Albino. As for my feelings on freezing, none whatsoever. They're pixels. If I like a certain set of pixels best, thats what I'm keeping. laugh.gif

What was your first freezing?

My technical first freeze was an inbred alt black that I named before I realized the "inbred" part. (I released it as soon as that feature was available.) The first frozen that I kept was a male paper hatchling. That was the first dragon that I looked at and said "Okay- I want to keep this as a hatchling forever." I followed it up a bit later with a female paper, because the little guy looked lonely. tongue.gif

How did you feel about freezing before that?

Kind of "meh". I didn't really see the point, honestly.

How did you feel about freezing after that?

Initially "okay- some hatchlings have really cute sprites. I wouldn't mind a small handful of frozens at the top of my scroll." How I went from that to 338 and counting, I'm still not entirely sure. (Though I think making a point to hatch and freeze normal blacks back when they were clogging the AP had something to do with it.)

I freeze a lot smile.gif my scroll goal is to have 3 frozen hatchies (s1, m and f) from each CB life-mated pair from my scroll, also to have the unbreedables in all their forms including frozen s1 and s2. also I often pick random low-time eggs from the AP and freeze when they hatch.

the first frozen of mine was an inbred Grey.

I've never frozen anything as of yet, but I plan to freeze any inbreds I pick up from the AP. Because I always feel guilty after abandoning anything. X3

My first freeze will be Jacqueline the 12th, a Rosebud, when she genders.

I've never had anything against freezing, but the concept did confuse me for awhile. I could never figure out what those little snowflakes meant in my early days, lol.

I froze 1 of my 2 holiday dragons for my first year, until I learned they were breedable the next. Now I only freeze inbreds from the AP.

The first dragon I froze was a Black Marrow and it was nearly two months after I first started. I decided at some point that I would like to freeze my dragons until I have all of the sprites that it is possible to have after collecting a male and female adult. I'd freeze eggs if that was ever possible.

Ok, My first hatchling was the first dragon I froze. unsure.gif It was at one day and no one had told me about hatcherys or click sites!

Edited by SilverMoonRain