Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

My first was a little water hatchling. I still think they're so adorable. Looking back at my frozens, it seems like I did a whole bunch within a week or so back in '08.

Of course, there's always the "What was I thinking" freezes -

2nd gen Silver

and

CB Gold blink.gif

Mine was a Gray hatchling, I guess. I felt more like performing an experiment. After the first "treason", I stabbed this little dragon and it became a zombie. Another betrayal.

Drama? Yeah ^^! Killing and freezing makes me feel like a bad person... huh.gif No problem with who does it. I just don't like doing it myself. I know it must sound funny... After all they're just cute pixels. biggrin.gif

I like watch my dragons growing. It was the reason why I started playing DC. Now if I'm gonna freeze it, I choose an inbred dragon. (Big "if").

Edited by Yliah

I didn't have any feelings towards freezing, it was just another part of the game. I froze many messy hatchies before my gold trophy to add to the total count. Not sure what my first was. I don't freeze hatchlings much now that I have my gold trophy, but I do freeze not so wanted hatchies if I have a 21/21 lock.

Edited by EeveeSkitty

My first dragons were all frozen because I thought they were so much cuter (and I was secretly terrified they would have died! But now that I look back on it... they all had the stats to grow up haha).

So no, I have no problem with freezing. Why not enjoy the hatchling sprites as well? (:

I've the one dragopopiscle - a female silver. It was soo cute I could not help it :'D But I've never frozen anything after it though since I like the option of breeding too much.

I have a few frozen, and am working on getting a frozen baby of each breed, but I keep forgetting to freeze them and they end up growing up. xd.png How do I feel about it? I don't think about it. In my mind and imagination, I like to think that the one's that are frozen are babies I've given a 'magical elixer' to, and aren't literally 'frozen', but living out their lives with adult brains and young bodies forever, and are totally enjoying it. lol Who wouldn't want that? smile.gif

Baby Daydream, I think. *checks statistics on an open tab* Yep! My first frozen was a tiny Daydream hatchling, it's name was made up back then but now it's name is Bloomin' Feeling

Since Shifu, almost all of the hatchlings I have frozen have been inbred or those with MASSIVE, messy lineages. One of the rare exceptions is But I Really AM A Reindeer who hatched on Christmas and looked so cute in his reindeer suit that I had to write him a little story. Since Freezing doesn't seem to immobilize the hatchlings, simply preventing adult maturation, I have used this as a feature in some of their stories, and they can live productive and happy lives, even if they do not reach adult stature, like Brita or Sorrow. wub.gif

I don't usually freeze. The one time I did was right after I joined. It was with a normal Black hatchie that I named and planned to abandon. This was before you could remove names and rename, and I realized I had a hatchie named "Not An Alt- Don't Want." So I freezed it and released it to get it off my scroll. Poor Black hatchie. Had to suffer from my newbie stupidity.

I don't freeze anything, not even as sorting tags. Maybe it's the animal lover in me, but I can't stand it. I just feel like every dragon of mine should have the chance to grow up.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I freeze all the time. I have mated pairs of dragons, and each pair has a hatchling. I don't have the ability to constantly produce offspring for every pair so they all have a hatchling at all times, so I simply freeze the hatchlings. I treat these simply as normal aging hatchlings when I describe them. I know some people describe their frozen hatchlings as being magically frozen.

I am totally pro-freezing. When I first started on DC, I thought that freezing was an odd choice, but I was never against it. Honestly, I don't know why some people don't like it. Is it that they want the offspring of their dragons to grow up and breed more eggs?

Amusingly enough my first frozen hatchling was the very first dragon I ever adopted.

A little vine hatchie which gendered male. I froze it because at the time I was new and had no clue how long it took for hatchlings to grow up. I was worried and impatient with it (thinking it would die) so I froze him.

my first frozen was a bright pink hatchling, waaay back. i used to freeze random dragons (for 'special' occasions) and i always froze mints and grays because i didn't like how the adult looked. then i kind of went on a hiatus and came back...only to realize i don't like frozens. so i released them all; now my scroll only contains adults and a frozen leetle tree. i'm not against freezing, i just like having adults to breed. i have been tempted to freeze again many times, but i shrug it off.

i'm happy i never decided to freeze any of my cb holidays. just 'cause i use them a lot in breeding. the s2 rosebud is worth freezing though, imo...

I've checked and my first frozen hatchie was a Two headed dragon, I've bred myself - I thought the hatchie looked really cute and wanted one on my scroll. smile.gif I have nothing against freezing - I think it's a good way to save unwanted cave blockers, abandoned in the AP, definitely a better choice then killing/(biting - mostly because there's such a little chance of succeeding nowdays)/letting them die from lack of views (as I've seen happen to many of my abandoned commons). Besides, some hatchies are so very cute! <3 In general, I only freeze messy, inbred dragons (I once froze a CB White by mistake - still not very happy with that xd.png) - CB's and beautiful lineages are not on my 'to freeze lists' - those I usually keep or, if that's not an option, release back into the AP in hopes they'll find a good home. I also don't freeze Holidays that we're only allowed to have 2 of - those I'll always let grow up, so that I'll have an extra dragon whose offspring I can gift. ^^

My first frozen was a actually a chick which I named FuzzWorth Barnyard Detective. I thought it was so cute and the naming idea popped into my head from my kids watching Noggin (( and is now Nick jr)) I have 143 frozen on my scroll and I don't mind freezing at all. I actually like some hatchie stages a lot and this is a grate way of keeping them IMO.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

My first frozen was my chick, I believe. After that, I decided to freeze stage 2 hatchlings, one per breed per sprite. I don't freeze stage 1 hatchlings because I don't like not knowing the gender. (I know I can ask when doing descriptions, but I don't do those.) I only freeze messy lineages or inbreds unless the dragon is a cave blocker, then I'll freeze a CB. So far, I think I've only frozen CB Pygmies (the regular ones). I don't do frozen hatchlings for holiday dragons although I have been considering it for the Halloweens.

I started freezing because I'd grown bored with the game and collecting the hatchlings gave me something new to do.

My first frozen was actually one of the first 4 dragons I got.

Back then, you could still get scroll locked with 3 eggs and 1 hatchling and I was impatient.

So, I froze my Balloon hatchie to make way for more eggs.

What was your first freezing? My White female. She was a Dorkface, too. xd.png

How did you feel about freezing before that? I've never had a problem with it. But I preferred to let dragons grow up since I was and, frankly, still am collecting.

How did you feel about freezing after that? Umm... Yeah. The above statement. ^^;

My first frozen hatchling was a paper. I think the hatchlings are just the cutest thing, but I'm not that fond of the adult. So when I got a paper I decided to freeze it.

At first I didn't like the idea of freezing, it seemed kinda cruel to stop a dragon's growth. (Not really logical I know.)

I froze an albino for the same reason as the paper. But when I accidentally clicked on a spitefire in trying to decide whether to keep it or abandon it I finally decided to freeze it. Giving me my current total of three frozen hatchlings. (Plus a leetle tree, but I didn't freeze it, it froze itself, so it doesn't count.)

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of freezing though. I don't really collect dragons for breeding (with the exception of mints) I'm more of a 'one of each' person. So I'm debating starting to collect hatchlings too. Especially since some of the sprites are simply adorable.

My leetle tree is my only frozen. Hatchlings are cute, but every time I think about freezing something I can't help but wonder what it would be like had someone frozen me as a child forever . . . *shudders in horror*

I imagine I'll probably get around to it, though. I never really wanted a Zombie or Neglected, either, for similarly misapplied moral values, but I now have those. They make me feel a little sad every time I see them, but oh! The pretty!

Edited by Goslander

My first frozen hatchling was a s2 Albino. She was just too cute.

I didn't like the idea of freezing a stage 1 hatchling for some time, but now I'm planning to freeze at least one Spotted Greenwing hatchie, because their sprites are really pretty and without the wings they look almost like eastern dragons.

I think my first freezing was a female pink, about two month after I joined DC

I don't have any problem with freezing: I find it very different from killing a dragon since the little hatchie always remains safe on my scroll.

My only hesitation is about the lineage: I find it a real waste to freeze a CB or a nice lineage dragon who could have had nice offsprings, and I really prefer to freeze mesys inbred ones

I have no problems with freezing. I've just never gotten around to doing it myself.

I have 14 frozen hatchlings.

My first was a CB Ballon I don't like the adults. I froze a vine in celebration of my dads birthday. 2 Papers because I wanted a complete set, a chick because I don't like the adults, 3 sitting alt black because I wanted a set of gendered and ungendered plus they were inbred. 1 curled alt because he was cute and I was impatient he was taking forever to grow up and I need the space. A pink because I didn't like his lineage but I loved his code. A deep sea because I thought they were cute. The last 3 were a gold, autumn, and blue nebula because they were inbred.