Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

My first frozen was Shifu Ascending, the Harcesis child from SG-1. It was appropriate for his character, who ascended while still a very young boy. It also helped me clear my scroll to pick up Christmas dragons. xd.png

My first freezing was the very first dragon I got. xd.png I freaked out when it started running out of time and froze it so it didn't die. It's an ungendered Old Pink hatchie. laugh.gif

Now I have over 100 frozen hatchies and plan on many more. biggrin.gif

Edited by Snailbait

This Nebula is my first freezen dragon.

becauseIt's so beautiful.

If I can, I will freeze the egg,too.

Edited by Mercury

Yeah, for a really long time I didn't really like the idea of freezing but then at christmas (11 months after joining) I saw the s2 Yules and they were adorable tongue.gif So yeah, that's when my freezing started lol

I love freezing. One, some of those hatchlings are majorly cute; and two, I'm an impatient person - so I'm very likely to freeze a sprite (if I don't have it, or if it's a common AP clogger) just to unlock myself.

I freeze Dinos 'cause I just find their S1 stage cuter than the adult sprite.

And sometimes casting a "spell" tickles my funny bone. It's on the same of level of waving my hands in front of automatic doors and saying 'Alohomora!' and being all 'lol!pwnage' when the doors open at the hand waving; except here I click and ta-daa! hatchling never ages again!

My first frozen hatchling was the S1 Yulebuck. Just too cute to let it grow up. >.<

If we could freeze eggs, I totally would @^-^@

Edited by spellcoat

I don't think I belong in this thread... o3o I haven't frozen any of my dragons to date, though I've been very tempted on a number of occasions (Bluna s1, Valentine s2 and Sunsong s2) because the hatchling sprites were so cute. Always managed to stop myself - the only time I'll get a frozen hatchling is if I snag a leetle tree. tongue.gif

I have nothing against freezing though.

One of the many long lineaged or inbred Blacks that I froze and released into the wild, I personally don't like to freeze and keep on my scroll, I only have a black hatchi (inbred) for its code smile.gif

Edited by Terpsichore

I like having a mix of hatchlings and adults on my scroll, instead of just endless rows of adults. When I started out, I viewed my scroll as a group of dragons that were in my care, and I felt that such a group should have way more youngsters than the 3 or 4 that we were allowed. I once decided that every breeding pair should have at least one child on my scroll, usually in the form of a frozen hatchie. Now I care more about lineages and thus have more dragons grow up to adults (can't continue a lineage with a hatchie), but I still want a frozen hatchie of each of my pairs eventually.

The first hatchling I ever froze was actually the first hatchling I got - my little stone hatchling rescued from the AP. That was back in 2008 xd.png I think I froze him because he was low on time and had no wings, but I'm not sure. He has grown his wings since then.

At first I hated the idea of freezing hatchlings too. Since then it's actually become my goal to get one of every existing type of dragon (or one male and one female if the sprites are different). Same for every hatchling.

Besically make my scroll look just like TJ's before he hid his. xd.png

My first freezing was a Magi hatchling because it gendered the opposite of what I wanted (this was pre-Influence) so I froze it. Then I caught another Magi later and froze it as well in the other gender so they could balance each other. Those are the only freezings I've done.

My first frozen was a White that gendered female when at the time I had one male and two other females. I have a few other frozen S2s that gendered wrong (this was before 'Influence') and a S2 Bluna hatchie, 'cause they're adorable! happy.gif For a while my goal was to have equal numbers of adults of each gender, but then I decided not to do that anymore. When I first joined, I didn't know what freezing was. When I found out, I didn't think it was bad, just that I wouldn't necessarily do it with my dragons.

Edited by Denwayasha

My First frozen hatchling is My Vines B Lag Possessed who i caught and froze during the great lag of 2009.... after that i went through a big hatchling faze where i picked up all vines bright pinks and reds and froze them because i was inlove with the sprite....i think when i get my hands on a Holly i'll freeze one of them...*makes note of that*

My first freezing it a leetle tree, and it's my only freezing till now. >_<

I don't hate freezing, the only reason I don't freeze dragon is I don't know how to manage them on my scroll. lol

I just checked and apparently my first freezing was a 2nd gen purple. I couldn't remember off the top of my head as it never made a huge impression on me (and it was back in 2008)...I just decided I wanted all of the sprites so I started freezing hatchlings of the breeds I already had as adults.

For the same reason I can't really say how I felt about freezing before that. To me it always seemed like something "natural" in the DC universe, some hatchlings had the privilege of remaining playful and carefree all their lives while others got to find out what it's like being an adult. :3

Mine was Crysis, a mint. Back in '08 DC, there was no fansites at all. The only source of my views were forums... and I'm not talking about this forum since this forum still had the 'No eggspam!' rule. Crysis was on the verge of dying, and, with some luck, I managed to hatch him out. Not wanting him to die as a hatchling, I froze him right away. (Hatchlings were still able to gain the second stage even when they froze)

I think mine was Pollo a baby chick. smile.gif

I have no problem with freezing, I like the hatchlings.

(I could kick myself for freezing CB Metallic's.)

Way back, before my hiatus, I disliked freezing because I dislike the idea of having really small hatchie sprites among all the larger grown dragons. That's the only reason why I have an adult CB Gold now - back then I liked the hatchie sprite better than the grown one. When I came back to DC, I didn't care about the size of the sprites on my scroll anymore (plus there were some beautiful new hatchies!) and I started freezing hatchies. (:

I'm trying to collect all sprites, as in adult male/female (if they have dimorphism), S2 male/female hatchie(if they have dimorphism), and S1 hatchie.

I used to be against freezing, but~Dragon spam removed~/view/onHDs]this neotropical[/url] gendered wrong and I had no choice but to freeze it.

Since then, I've been avidly collecting frozen hatchies, as most of my adult collection are finished(I only need the Valentine '09s, sweetlings, rosebuds, GoNs and neglecteds).

Edited by _Z_

I froze a CB Pillow Hatchling because it was adorable~ >.< Then I started a collection to collect pretty names biggrin.gif Still freezing. I freeze all dinos, because I don't like the adult sprites and they don't breed. ^.^

My first frozen was a cute little vine. I try to have s1 and s2 of every thing that I can.

Does a leetle tree count? tongue.gif I think that was the first frozen thing on my scroll, but it's not something that I actively went out there and froze. I just caught it. xd.png Obviously.

The first thing I properly froze was "Un Peu de Poulet", a chicken hatchie. I already had an adult one and I didn't want a second, so I froze it to have a matching pair instead. smile.gif

My first is my one and only Albino on my scroll. It was slightly messy but came from 2 EG lines. It's descended from 16 thuweds I think.

I have nothing against freezing. I want to have S1 and S2 of everything at some point.

My first one was a curled alt. xd.png Good thing too. Was the only curled alt I ever got. |D The lineage was a little messy, but not too bad. Had a word code also. LOL. Currently is a name holder.

I don't remember which, exactly, was my first frozen hatchie, but it was probably either my Sunrise (Red Dust Dawn) or my Sunset (Red Dust Dusk Dorkface).

Before I froze my first few hatchies, I just wasn't interested in freezing. Now I like to have at least one of every sprite I like, and if that includes hatchies, they get frozen. (My main exception are Reds and Pinks. xd.png; The BSAs are too useful, so I don't have one of every sprite for those...)

My first frozen was a water named Hasyu. He got sick, it was literally my first day playing, and I was all "HALP HALP WHAT DO I DO". So I froze him.

I'm okay with freezing. I want as complete a sprite set as possible. Plus, I see it this way: better an inbred frozen hatchling on my scroll or in the wilderness than an inbred adult that someone else is willing to breed.