Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

Since my collection has grown so much, I've started collecting the hatchling sprites. They are just as interesting as the adults, and freezing is the only way to keep them. While I have bred a few from my scroll for specific reasons, I usually use AP finds for freezers, and only lines I would never consider breeding.

I have also started using s1 non-Alt Blacks as section headers, just for keeping track of various lines and other organizational assistance.

I am rather proud of some my frozen hatchies. I'm still kind of new to collecting them, but I love the idea of keeping their old sprites, and since I have a passion for the ungendered blusang sprites.. my FIRST ever freezie was a CB Blusang. [which was a mistake at the time but now I'm actually rather proud of it.]

I'm perfectly fine with freezing, have a male+female+ungendered hatchie set of almost every dragon type =) Hatchlings look really lovely, and I like having them on my scroll. Nebulae are ones of my favourites so I use them as scroll separators and labels.

Also I like freezing ungendered CB Stripeds... xd.png

I try to avoid freezing after one mistake I made that I'm still beating myself up over. I froze a blue stripe that was both a Thuwed AND a Dorkface. sad.gif I wish I would have known how valuable those names are to have in a dragon's lineage.

I guess there are only two or three reasons at the most where I'd freeze a hatchling.

1. I have a gazillion of it already, especially the gender. (ex: all my black dragon females and only one male. dry.gif )

2. A new release is about to start and I have no slots open for them unless I freeze.

3. I want to have a full set of each stage.

Other then that I don't think I'd freeze unless it was an emergency, like a rare trade offer or something on that level.

I'm fine with freezing hatchlings. Right now I'm still working on my collection of Adult dragons, but after that I'll continue my Hatchling collection. smile.gif

I prefer to gift my bred eggs rather than freeze the hatchlings, though, since I can get a lot of things for freezing off the AP or in a Trade.

I freeze inbreds, and I also freeze most very messy lineages unless they are Rares (and sometimes then, too).

I don't mind it at all. I tend to separate out 'game mechanics' from 'game universe,' so usually when I freeze hatchlings I describe them as simply being young dragons at the time of the writing, rather than being permanently stuck as hatchlings. Although sometimes it's fun (or even tragic) to write stories about how they'd react if they truly were stuck as forever babies. smile.gif

I only every do freeze S2 hatchlings, though, even though I think some of the S1s are really cute. Originally this was both because we could only ever have two Christmas/Valentine dragons (I didn't want to freeze S1s of some dragons if I could never get an S1 of those breeds) and because a lot of the old S2s and S1s looked virtually identical, but now that Frills and Old Pinks have been retired I'll probably never freeze S1s because I can never get them for those breeds. I greatly value consistency in my collection. X'D

Like a few people here, I at first thought that freezing literally meant encasing a hatchling forever in ice like a statue. However, a glance at the FAQ let me soon learn what freezing really is. I now support freezing, as I feel that it is giving a baby dragon eternal youth. The only reason I have only one frozen hatchie is because I want a breeding pair of the species first before I start freezing everyone.

At first, I was against freezing but then I ended up with a half dozen males of one breed, while trying to procure a female. I didn't want another male and I simply could not abandon the little fluff ball, so I froze him because he was so darn cute.

I still only reserve freezing of hatchlings after I have procured both a male and a female of the same breed in my list, unless I have a severely lopsided amount of one gender of the breed.

I've always been against freezing due to the fact that it makes my scroll seem incomplete and seems rather rude to the hatchlings in my preference

I like freezing hatchlings more than growing hatchlings into adults tongue.gif

When I first started playing DC, I didn't know what "freeze" meant, and when I found out, I really liked the ability to keep those adorable hatchlings on my scroll permanently.

This little guy was the first egg I bred, and also froze.

My favorite hatchlings are Ungendered Alt Black (sitting), Magma, Ungendered Blusang, Paper, Dinos, Gendered Seasonals, Gendered Coppers, Cheese, Light Blue, and Gendered Silver. There is a limit of 16 hatchlings per 2 weeks, and it's never enough for me xd.png I freeze any messy lineaged hatchlings (from the ones above) whenever I come across to one.

Freezing a hatchling is stopping him from aging, and I don't believe that it's a bad thing. A frozen hatchling will always be young and will learn things easier (young creatures always learn faster), thus a frozen hatchling can be more knowledgeable than an adult, and since a messy lineaged dragon isn't good for breeding anyway, the pros are more than cons. On another note: I rarely freeze Cb hatchlings.

I haven't actually frozen anything yet, but when a cute sprite comes along I might.

I only find freezing fair when the hatchling is messy, inbred, or if it's zombie fodder. Freezing hatchlings with a cool lineage to me is an offense, and few things irritate me more than that.

Edited by Hazel360

I haven't froze anything, but I don't really care. I think it messes up my scroll, personally.

I actually quite like freezing - they're just so cute! smile.gif It also ensures if they're messy that I don't accidentally inbreed or foul up lineages.

However, I'm against freezing if the hatchling has a good or nice lineage, something that maybe someone's spent some time on - might as well grow it and breed it. There's nothing more frustrating than work going to waste.