Dew

How do you feel about freezing?

When I first joined DC, I lost a lot of eggs. The first one that actually hatched I froze (not wanting a hatchling to die on me). Later on, I froze another when she only had less than an hour left and was dying. I don't perfer the idea of 'full collection freezing'; I only use freezing as a back-up.

When I first joined I thought freezing was bad. Eventually tho I got into lineages and started freezing the messy inbred ones then releasing them. I don't really collect them tho, just my zombie hatchlings (s1, ms2 & fs2). I also freeze s2 paper hatchlings to use as scroll dividers, but I'll probably dump most of those if we ever get a better sorting solution for our scrolls.

I first froze an adorable Water Walker hatchling. It was caveborn, so it wouldn't upset breeders (though if the breeder abandoned a water walker I wouldn't care about offending him/her). I thought he was cute, so he remains on my scroll.

I don't have any moral objections to freezing. They have the body and mind of children, to me. And they also prevent accidental breeding, which is always a plus ^^

I looooove freezing. I'm doing a project where I'm writing out the poem of Beowulf, yes, the whole thing, with frozen hatchies. It's about two hatchies per line. As of this momement I have 503 frozens. By the time I'm done I'll have over 6,000 frozens. At 16 freeze slots per fortnight it's going to take me a loooong time. Hopefully DC will still be around then!

My oldest frozen is a frozen bright pink. She's my favorite. Because she's a discontinued sprite, and because she's the oldest, she gets pride of place as the first line of Beowulf. http://dragcave.net/lineage/VJEC

You can see the whole thing by clicking on my scroll.

By the way, you can use http://coup-detat.info/NDER/Stats.php to find out who your oldest adult and frozen dragons are, as well as other statistics.

Edited by platedlizard

My only goal on the game is frozen-related so yeah, I'm pretty okay with it. I shall freeze a first stage hatchling Bronze shimmerscale xd.png

I don't freeze any dragons except Dino hatchlings and alt blacks. When I started I wanted to collect all the hatchlings sprites, too thats why you can find some at the very bottom of my scroll but after a while I thought that will take too long and I stopped freezing anything smile.gif

My first frozens were a Black and a Guardian hatchie, because they were low on time and I was a noob and didn't know about click sites. Then I started freezing to make room on my scroll. After the new limits were introduced, I mostly freeze for the sprites.

My first frozen was pretty recent, it was a horse dragon. I did it because it had a pretty lineage which I wanted to keep, but was also inbred. When I catch hatchlings from the AP that are inbred or too messy lineaged, I'll freeze them, but I never raised an egg myself with the intentions of freezing. However, I have nothing against it; freezing for collection, for scroll organization, because of inbreeding, whatever. Mostly I don't mind my gifts getting frozen, either.

i never thought id do it but now 2/3 of my goals r frozen i also never thought id kill but i now have 2 zombies xd.png

I really don't freeze at all, unless it's a really messy line

I used to freeze a lot, since I was more about collecting than anything and sometimes I wanted to free up space by freezing. Now that I'm more into lineages and the limits are so high, I only occasionally freeze. I don't remember the last time I froze anything, huh.

I think this little guy was the first thing I ever froze. Geez, have I really been here that long?

Edited by Draco Knight

I always collected the sprites first and foremost, including hatchling sprites, so I freeze from ever type.

I've never understood those opposing it based on "cruelty" or something, since they are not real creatures.

I've never gotten the opposition to it. (But then, I inbreed, too.) My first freezes were two vampire hatchlings, because I had a bunch of the adults and wanted to have all the sprites.

I don't freeze anymore as most of the hatchling sprites don't appeal to me. I'm slowly getting rid of the hatchlings that I do have unless it has an interesting code or its a sitting/curled alt black since that doesn't show up in the adult.

My first frozen was a chick... but I can't remember what my second was. I think it was a black. I wish it was a frill or old pink. xd.png

Now that the eggs in the AP have a little over 4 and a half days to hatch, I find I'm liking freezing more and more. With enough Reds, I can grab several of those, Incubate them, and then freeze them.

Best part is that inbred eggs are okay, since I'm going to freeze them anyway.

I have found some nice lineages or CBs there, though. I don't freeze those.

Which is good, because otherwise I would hit my freezing limit even faster.

As for my first opinion, I was horrified at the thought. Just because some people were freezing eggs that were harder to find, and freezing CBs or nice lineages. I considered freezing my first Albino. But it was a Thuwed, despite being hideous. blink.gif Not actually sure what my first freeze was. Might have been a Flamingo.

Now, I freeze messy lineages. The stage they're frozen at depends on the sprite.

I love freezing, about a page and a half of my scroll consists of frozen hatchies and there's going to be a lot more by the time I'm done. I have 594 frozen hatchies so far, I'll probably have thousands by the time I'm done with my Beowulf project. My oldest frozen is a Bright Pink http://dragcave.net/lineage/VJEC

I don't remember how I felt before or after I froze my first hatchie. I do know that for a long time I only froze occasionally, so that I could 'neuter' and release inbreds to the Wilderness. A couple years ago I went on a freezing rampage to get my gold trophy as quickly as possible, and then when it was done I realized that I had 60 or so frozens. At the time I was seriously obsessed with the epic poem Beowulf, so that's when I started this project. My eventual goal is to have the entire poem of Beowulf on my scroll in the form of frozen hatchies. Each hatchy has one half a line of poetry, except for the very few where the line was short enough to fit in the name field. I don't know what I'll do then, maybe move onto a saga or something.

EDIT: for anyone wanting to know what their oldest frozen is, as well as other scroll statistics and records, enter your scrollname here and click all the options. http://coup-detat.info/NDER/Stats.php

Edited by platedlizard

I don't freeze my dragons. *shrug* It's just not a part of the game for me. In fact sometimes I forget other people do that until someone mentions it xd.png

I collect the dragons, not the sprites if that makes any sense.

I do not freeze my hatchies or not by now since I do not even have all the adults. I guess there are some cute hatchlings which I would consider to freeze but anyhow I do not like this snowflake symbol. (Cannot reason it)

This is my oldest frozen dragon. According to her description she had a rather unfortunate accident. I didn't regret the decision, though. The only frozen I regret is this little lady, my only CB of the breed.

I have a goal to freeze one of each gender (and ungendered) of each dragon I can (meaning, those without breed limits). I will also freeze inbred dragons or other dragons I don't want to grow up for various and sundry purposes (for example, if I already have several dragons from the same parents, to prevent accidental inbreeding and such).

For the most part I collect pretty lineages and grow dragons to adulthood.

Any dragon I freeze is either messy-lineaged, inbred, CB, or bred from my own dragons.

I didn't used to freeze hatchlings. Right now, though, I have a project going on of collecting and freezing Crimson Flare Pygmy hatchlings. I read somewhere that they're the smallest sprite in the cave, and the idea of commanding an army of tiny anklebiters and summoning them from out from under the furniture to run up my enemies' pants legs amuses me more than it should.

My first frozen was tonight, and it was this tiny little Nocturne.

I like the way the Nocturne hatchies change color, even when they are frozen. It is so cute. xd.png

Edited by missy_