Sundew

How do you feel about freezing?

Searched, and I think this isn't a duplicate. . . . O.o

I don't know about you, but when I first joined DC, I was horrified at the idea of freezing. It was only a year after I started my scroll that I decided to freeze one, but only 'cause I wanted a full collection - male and female of each species, male and female frozen hatchie, and ungendered frozen hatchie.

It was actually really stupid of me to freeze the one I did (harvest male) 'cause I didn't have an adult yet, so I couldn't breed it. But I did anyway. >.<

What was your first freezing?

How did you feel about freezing before that?

How did you feel about freezing after that?

One of my first 4 dragons ended up as a frozen S2, actually. It was before the great fog, and I thought the cute hatchie looked so much better than the adult Mint. I still have nothing against freezing, though in retrospect I wish I hadn't frozen my first Alt Black- he's a second gen male and I still don't have a male adult alt.

I froze this Rosebud hatchling just because they were so cute and because I wouldn't be able to get another CB one.

I had been strongly anti-freezing when I first joined, and gradually relaxed bit by bit until I froze one myself.

That Rosebud's still my only frozen, and I have no plans to continue freezing, for now.

The only frozens on my scroll are chickens. smile.gif The little chicks are just so darn cute and there is no point to adult chickens anyway, since they cannot breed. I have never had the desire to freeze anything else, although I am not against freezing.

I may be one of only a few people in this game who are not collecting the hatchling sprites.

My first frozen was a dragon that was the result of accidental inbreeding. I wasn't really going to freeze hatchlings, but that one kind of started the landslide.

A waterwalker; I needed a slot in a hurry. Her description says it all...

Lily Marlene is a martyr. When almost grown, she volunteered to be abandoned when the cave was offered a magma egg at a time when there were four hatchlings growing up. As she already had a name, this was not possible, so she insisted on being frozen for the good of the cave. She is much loved by all the family, and the others visit her daily to pay homage to her self-sacrifice. Except Flaming Evil of course; he is the exception to all NICE things that happen among the clan.

*sobs*

My first and only frozen is a S2 yulebuck. It's simply that cute, I couldn't help it.

I'm not very fond of freezing myself, so I don't do it.

My first frozen was a vine hatchie that was seriously in danger of running out of time. Back when I joined two years ago I had no idea there were fansites and ER's, and he ended up in the deep freeze. After I came back from my hiatus he got released because I didn't like frozen hatchies. I do now tongue.gif

CB Mint Hatchie, I think.

I just thought it was too adorable.

<3

This Rosebud. As the roses developed, I was absolutely thrilled with what I saw. Then I saw the adult, ad thought "But I don't want her to grow up. The hatchies are so much more huggable..."

Normally, I do not freeze. I do not like freezing. I still don't, but I've gotten over it a bit. The black hatchie I froze has a similar backstory as Fuzzbucket's. As a matter of fact, it was indeed the offering of a magma (to be my first) that convinced me to freeze him. And he got described.

My only other frozen is a memorial. He was frozen as a symbol of a cat that died young...

I've got a ton of frozen hatchlings xd.png Never had anything against it, and they're a quick and easy way to complete naming projects.

I think I first started freezing Black hatchlings, way back before the limits were put in place. I'd catch and freeze lotto failures, because... why not? ... then I turned them into a song x3 I did the same with Pinks, and now Grays. Most of the rest were for projects, or just for the hell of it xd.png Most non-song ones have descriptions.

I have used one as a bit of a PSA- Freezing does not work that way.

The only one I have frozen is a Cheese hatchling. I'm not overly fond of the Cheese dragons but it was a gift...plus the s1 hatchling isn't half-bad. The only other one frozen on my scroll is my leetle tree.

I would freeze hatchlings that scroll locked me at unfortunate times, commons that were dumped into the AP, and/or things with rather unpleasant lineages. I even froze a dragon because its parents' names were really, really awful (but that was just the one time!) =p

Originally I would release them into the wild to help with ratios --not that it did-- but now I find it much more fun to keep them on my scroll, name them, and give 'em stories =) My first is Libra the S2 Black.

Oh gosh, I don't even know what I froze first and I'm not going through all my scroll to find out.

Before I started freezing, I was only against it if it was a rare that could be bred to make moar rarez.

Now I really don't care at all.

I'm collecting a frozen male, female, and ungendered hatchie of each breed possible. It'll take a while. XD

I have a CB dayglory male hatchling that I froze. After grabbing his egg and allowing him to hatch, I used him to reserve a name that I'm still waiting to use for a future dragon. Anyways, I decided to freeze him because I simply don't want to breed my ochres with the glories. *shrugs*

Him and my leetle tree are the only things frozen. As a breeder, I don't feel comfortable freezing and stunting my dragons. Even if they are only a bunch of coding and pixels.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Before I froze my first hatchling, I didn't even know you COULD freeze them, as I was quite new and I hadn't had any hatchlings that weren't going to make it before that point. They were either going to grow due to the views the past owner gave them (the case of my first grown dragon) or died as eggs.

So when I found the second hatchling I got with only 0 hours time, with no idea about click sites, I tried to see what I could do, and I froze the hatchling, who I later called "Darksweetheart" (unfortunately, I let the hatchling go. But I froze another of a similar linage and named that one "the real Darksweetheart", as an adult had the original name.)

I felt okay with freezing, but only if I felt they weren't going to survive otherwise, or if I already had a pair of adults.

Edited by Mysticwave

My leetle tree is the only thing frozen on my scroll. I just don't care for the idea of freezing and would prefer to either abandon a hatchling or raise it to adulthood.

My first freezing was a storm dragon hatchie, because I think their hatchie forms are adorable. Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time that they would continue to grow after freezing, and I like the wingless hatchie better; but I still think it's cute.

Before I froze it, I--didn't really have an opinion about it in general. I didn't want to freeze many of mine, because I was still working on building up a breeding population, and frozen hatchlings can't contribute to that. wink.gif

Now, I routinely pick up unwanted commons from the AP and freeze them when they hatch. I have 31 of them so far, and I'll be adding another two as soon as the eggs hatch. I sometimes freeze hatchlings that I think are particularly cute; when I do, I give them "real" names, like all my other dragons (instead of the "AP Orphan #" that I give the AP ones), but I haven't done that in a while.

I think that freezing is a better option for unwanted hatchlings than killing them. Abandoning them is probably the best option, but I freeze the AP ones I pick up of breeds that are so common that they tend to be clogging up the page, rather than releasing them, to keep their populations from rising through careless breeding and abandoning. wink.gif

My first and only Freeze is a Leetle Tree(which has to be frozen).

I don't like the idea of freezing. I never have and I never will.

My first freezing was just now :P

My plan is to get as many different breeds of hatchlings as possible. I will, of course, raise to adulthood dragons with BSAs or those that are required for breeding-only dragons. Everything else will be a frozen hatchie :3

Of course, this limits my dragons to ten each week...

Obviously, I have never had a problem with frozen hatchlings.

The only thing I have frozen is my 2008 leetle tree. I'm actually relieved because that little guy has so much moxie that I fear what would happen if allowed to grow up.

For actual dragons, I always felt that freezing was mean to them. They can never have all of life's experiences (as in breeding) when frozen.

My first frozen was my second paper dragon. I think the hatchie stage is very cute. The other frozen dragons on my scroll are very long lineaged, inbred, or part of projects I didn't want other people to have on their scrolls.

I don't want to freeze any of my holiday dragons because I like to breed them. If I want to see a frozen one, I go look at friends' scrolls. smile.gif