angelkay

Hunger Games vs. Maximum Ride Series?

Hunger Games. I'm sorry, but Maximum Ride had so many issues, even in the early books that I couldn't get into them.

100% Hunger Games.

I tried reading Maximum Ride... went way too fast. Within 20 pages a character was kidnapped and I didn't know any of the characters yet the author assumed I did.

Sorry.

Hunger Games. It's at least entertaining if you don't think too deep into it, where Maximum Ride (IMO) barely makes any sense and is filled with problems.

Hunger Games, but just barely. There is always James Patterson's series Witch and Wizard to compare his Maximum Ride or Daniel X books But that too went plunk as far as I'm concerned with the Kiss book. I prefer The Jennifer Scares Books by MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi. Anyone tried that series?

I rage quit after the first... load of Maximum Ride books. At least I could make it through the Hunger Games books. I actually kind of liked it when she went crazy... Imagining her doing those things (while reading it) helped releave some of my own inner craziness. For some reason it was satisfying... but now I worry about the author.

The only really bad thing about the Hunger Games was the movies. they were really good, don't get me wrong, but every time I read the book and the movie, I always flip out and complain about every single thing that isn't exactly like the book. mainly how she had a round face and wasn't fat. and her "simple waist-length braid" that wasn't even lower-back even when it wasn't braided, and how it wasn't simple. It was a complex Dutch braid all the way around her head, so she couldn't have done it herself *pant pant*

I like The Hunger Games better. Not that I like either Maximum Ride or Hunger Games that much.

But, I'm just gonna say this: Battle Royal( It's a japanese movie similar to hunger games) has way better plot than the hunger games plot

Edited by ToaofPonies

I've only read Hunger Games, so I can't compare, but HG is no literary masterpiece either...

If we are just talking about the first three books of Maximum Ride, then I would say both series are about equal but if we include the final three books of Maximum ride then Hunger Games win hands down. All three books are great, while Maximum Ride went downhill with the final three books and felt forced.

This basically sums it up for me I loved Maximum Ride I thought the whole idea was amazing and flying bird kids with powers fighting lab experiments was cool but the last 3 books were just down right horrible (RIP maxdanwiz) lol

When the wind blows was the first book that basically started the maximum ride series and that one was better (IMO)

Hmmmm I think I like Maximum Ride better.... The series did decline in the last couple of books but I have to say I did like the ending.... although I always thought Fang and Max should end up together so when they split up... I started to dislike it :3

Hunger Games was great too... but I think I like Max a little better...

Although I have read both series, I can safely say that I do not think I could really compare the two (if we're talking about the entire series) to each other, simply because I dislike them both pretty equally. However, if we're only looking at the HG Trilogy and the first three Maximum Ride books, I would probably agree that MR beats HG hands down.... But only by a little bit.