angelkay

Hunger Games vs. Maximum Ride Series?

Which is better?

Hunger Games or Maximum Ride?

I have read both and it is so hard for me to choose.... >_<

So I want to know all of your opinions. :3

Here we go.

Maximum Ride just disappointed me with every book after the fifth one. I loved it up 'til there. Actually, no, the series started its decline after The Final Warning.

Hunger Games? Well, at least Collins knows when to end a series. I'd say that HG is the winner for this one, even though it does come pretty close (Gale x Katniss is better than Peeta x Katniss)

Here we go.

Maximum Ride just disappointed me with every book after the fifth one. I loved it up 'til there. Actually, no, the series started its decline after The Final Warning.

Hunger Games? Well, at least Collins knows when to end a series. I'd say that HG is the winner for this one, even though it does come pretty close (Gale x Katniss is better than Peeta x Katniss)

I totally agree!! With the last book that came out for the Maximum Ride series I was just like... Spoiler:

"Really Fang?... dry.gif A clone of Max? REALLY?! "

and for the Hunger Games, I think Katniss is way better off with Gale! Spoiler:

I mean Peeta barely remembered her! Gale cared about Katniss way before Peeta did... </3

Well, I would say that you can't really compare them since they're pretty much completely different... but Maximum Ride deserves but a tiny amount of praise, so I'm placing my bets on the Hunger Games. Maximum Ride is just ugh, from the leaps of logic to the boring characters to the overall ridiculousness of the entire thing. The Hunger Games, on the other hand, is relentless in its pacing and plot, and just works.

I loved the idea of birdkids when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the first three books along with the fifth one (did NOT care for the 4th one. Okay, so we're running from supervillains but now we have to save Antarctica? That's not cool, JP.)

But Angel really made me hate it. Ghrasdkfjaslkdjth. *ragequit and buttonmash*

hmmm....... well i really like Max Ride, but i agree that the last book ruined it for me. The first one was my favorite. i'm going with HG. but i still really think that Katniss should've ended up with Gale! they were just meant to be together!

Edited by Lady of the Stars

Another vote for the hunger games. I really like Maximum Ride, but the series just lacks plot after the first two books, or something. With the hunger games, there's always something going on. Suzane Collins actually has a reason for why things happen in her books.

but i still really think that Katniss should've ended up with Gale!

SPOILER...?Hmmm.... Maybe... But I'm not sure Katniss would be able to forget that the bomb that killed Prim was Gale's design. Also, I think Peeta made it easier for Katniss to handle everything that had happened during the series than Gale made it. But I do find it kinda cheezy that Peeta apparently liked Katniss since she was 12 or something. 12 seems to early to find the love of your life, in my oppinion.

SPOILER...?Hmmm.... Maybe... But I'm not sure Katniss would be able to forget that the bomb that killed Prim was Gale's design. Also, I think Peeta made it easier for Katniss to handle everything that had happened during the series than Gale made it. But I do find it kinda cheezy that Peeta apparently liked Katniss since she was 12 or something. 12 seems to early to find the love of your life, in my oppinion.

SPOILERS: Yeah, even though Gale's sort of crazyness seemed a bit sudden, it still distanced himself from Katniss and honestly I can't imagine them being together anyway. Katniss's decision to go with Peeta also seemed less out of "I love him" and more of "he's the best person for me" (as in, not that he's definitely right, but that there's not really anyone better).

Hunger Games, I say.

*Spoiler mutter*

Finnick should not have died... Has anyone else noticed how Suzanne Collins really likes to kill off redheads? Foxface, Latvia, Darius, Finnick (okay so he was a sort of bronze-y-head, but whatever with the minor details...)

Edited by digipup

Hunger Games, I say.

*Spoiler mutter*

Finnick should not have died... Has anyone else noticed how Suzanne Collins really likes to kill off redheads? Foxface, Latvia, Darius, Finnick (okay so he was a sort of bronze-y-head, but whatever with the minor details...)

I know! I actually really liked Finnick. And poor Annie! they just got married! I don't like how everyone kept dying sad.gif (not a big fan of characters dying for some reason...) But it wouldn't be the hunger games without blood, guts and gore. Still... OMG THEY KILLED PRIM!!! was ringing through my mind for days.

Katniss's decision to go with Peeta also seemed less out of "I love him" and more of "he's the best person for me" (as in, not that he's definitely right, but that there's not really anyone better).

Actually, I think Katniss had her emotions too much in lock-down to actually really fall in love with someone. She was too... dunno, protective? of what she felt. She didn't really open up to people.

Edited by coralkiki

I have to say Maximum ride because the Hunger Games ended too abruptly, and I hated the ending.

Guys, use

[color=white][/color]

instead of gray for spoilers. White is very difficult to see, but gray doesn't do that great a job of being invisible.

Wow, this is hard...

One one hand, we have awesome winged teens fighting evil, and on the other hand, we have kick-butt Katniss fighting for her life...

I'll have to say Hunger Games. The writing, plot, and characters are better, while Maximum Ride seems to meander pointlessly.

I haven't read Maximum Ride and after reading some of the stuff I don't plan to. Simply 'coz I get to involved.

I absolutely loved Hunger Games, there was a twist at every turn and she wasn't afraid to say what she needed to say.

SPOILER ALERT: The reason I hate that book though is because it broke my heart when Prim passed. What you don't think about is, Prim was the whole of the books- Katniss was in that mess to protect her, and in the end, she lost. And that made me cry. Evern though Katniss found her love, in the point of the books she lost. Also, I think Peeta and Katniss were better. If you read the end it talks about how Gale was her fire, but she didn't need fire, she had plenty... but Peeta was that hope that made her know she could go on... (sorry if that isn't exactly correct)

And sorry this is so long wink.gif

Edited by Eluna

SPOILER ALERT: The reason I hate that book though is because it broke my heart when Prim passed. What you don't think about is, Prim was the whole of the books- Katniss was in that mess to protect her, and in the end, she lost. And that made me cry. Evern though Katniss found her love, in the point of the books she lost. Also, I think Peeta and Katniss were better. If you read the end it talks about how Gale was her fire, but she didn't need fire, she had plenty... but Peeta was that hope that made her know she could go on... (sorry if that isn't exactly correct)

SPOILER:

I was crying when Prim passed! I was like "... Come on?! Why did you kill off Prim?!"

and also I kind of agree with you for Peeta x Katniss, But Gale cared about her long before Peeta did. And then Peeta made that whole things about them getting married and stuff? So it kinda seemed to me like Katniss felt like she had to be with Peeta...

The Hunger Games, obviously.

Even though I havn't read the other one xd.png

Something I should read?

If you're having trouble choosing it between The Hunger Games, I suppose it's good.

Hunger Games. I guess I like Maximum ride too, but not one of my top ten favorites. But I love the Hunger Games, especially since there's plenty of action and the characters are well developed. The ending is really sad though, especially when certain characters die like Finnick, Prim, Cinna, Boggs, Rue etc.

I've never read Hunger Games, but I can say this about Maximum Ride.

I honestly don't understand the books. I loved them at first, but as the series progressed, I felt like the entire thing was getting aimless - that events were sporadic, problems were never wrapped up, and it just seemed like an unusually amateur series from a normally astounding author. It was a great concept, but... I just don't know how to put it. It was disjointed and lacked anything to tie one book to the next, sort of like Animorphs but with even shorter chapters.

The ending of Fang just killed it for me.

while Maximum Ride seems to meander pointlessly.

Yeah, I think this is what I was trying to say. It has/had godly potential, but it feels like the author was just slapping together events with no thought of continuity or underlying plots. Random crap just shows up out of the blue, while other things are sort of implied but never explained, or are just forgotten entirely.

But Angel really made me hate it. Ghrasdkfjaslkdjth. *ragequit and buttonmash*

Seriously! I mean, what the hell happened to her? She went from being an adorable little girl to a manipulative, arrogant butthole for no explained reason, and more or less rips everyone apart because she thinks she knows better than Max. Total case of biting the hand that feeds you. I want to strangle that little chicken-girl.

Edited by Dianacat777

I've only read the first max. ride book and loved it! lol

I still need to read the hunger games /:

I think the Hunger Games is better written than Maximum Ride, but I like Maximum Ride better. Though Maximum Ride doesn't seem to have a set plot throughout the series, and the books after Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports. Every book had a new villain, a new monster, a new reason to divide the Flock. It was really hard to follow, but I enjoyed the books individually.

The Hunger Games, by far. Much more advanced in the way they were written, better plot, better ending. I don't believe Maximum Ride even compares, and I'm not a huge fan of the Hunger Games.

I like both series, but Hunger Games is my favourite.

As for Katniss and Peeta vs. Katniss and Gale:

SPOILER ALERT: Katniss just couldn't forgive Gale for designing the bomb that killed Prim. Katniss loved her sister more than anyone, and so whatever feelings she had once had for Gale no longer held any value for her. Peeta knew all about what they had been through during the Games, and he loved her, and she did have a certain amount of love for him, and so he was the best mate for her. Gale wasn't, because even if Katniss had tried to forgive and forget, Prim's death would always be between them.

Edited by Jennie

Well, they're completely different re: genre, and the writing style, but I like the Hunger Games much better. I hate the "voice" of Max. It's so...artificial and just eew.

If we are just talking about the first three books of Maximum Ride, then I would say both series are about equal but if we include the final three books of Maximum ride then Hunger Games win hands down. All three books are great, while Maximum Ride went downhill with the final three books and felt forced.