bbik

Teleport Notifications

Also supporting this! smile.gif

I suppose if you use Teleport a lot the list could get a bit long. But since the message would only show up one time (the next time you visit your scroll), they shouldn't accumulate too much. And a possible "opt out" via the Account page should assuage everyone who might feels disturbed by this.

Why not just have a link that says something like "there is action on your trades"

Yep, support here too. I like having notifications for things. I also like Xythus' mock-up on Page 3 because it's simple and provides a handy link.

Wonderful idea! I also like Xythus' mock up. It is sooo frustrating to keep checking back and forth, and forth and back again. smile.gif

A poping-up notification is important to introduce, This refreshing thing is very unpractical.

Any chance of implementing a system to notify a user by e-mail if there is an offer on a trade? Right now, I can get an e-mail notification if someone sends me a PM on the forum. But if I have set up a trade link, and someone responds with an offer, I have no way to get a notification. If I'm not spending my whole day on DC, the person may give up and withdraw the offer before I ever see it.

Ideal would be an e-mail that says, "X has offered one CB blusang for your Avatar of Change egg." But even something that just says "You've received a trade offer" would be better than what we have now.

I'm up for it only if we're able to decide whether or not we get emails for trade offers.

I think the suggestion in this thread is better:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117622

It's hidden under BSAs as it was perceived as a change to a BSA (teleport) but I think it fits the bill. I think emails would be a bit of a pain, actually. But I would LOVE an on scroll notification. Like "there is activity on your trades".

I like the email suggestion because I spend all day at work and rarely access DC from there but I keep my mobile at hand and my mobile always notifies me when I have a new email with a nice whistle so in this case I could check the site when needed. smile.gif

I like all the other suggestions, but what I really, really want is to be able to have an opt in/out email notification for trade activity. I get automatic updates about my email on my phone, so that would be super useful.

Would it be possible to have a notification every time you got a new offer on your telelink? ohmy.gif

Kind of like this, the message would only appear on the http://dragcave.net/dragons page. (aka your scroll)

user posted image

It can be optional, so closed for the people who don't want it. Hopefully its not too distracting or too hard to code for TJ.

This way people can do things on their scroll while waiting for a trade to come in? :3

Would love to have this. I have had times where I see my egg in an Offer teleport, on the teleport list page, but when I go to click my teleport to see the page itself, my dragon is no longer a trade offer. Makes me wonder how long it was sitting there, when I could have offered it up again. I don't like having to check each offer I have to see if it was rejected or not.

Can it also have the Phrase: Your offer has been rejected. Click here to make a new offer.

Bump

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Alright since my comment was deleted, I'll /edited/ just say that I support this. I'm not bumping this thread since I didn't see that it had been bumped before I commented, and I had not commented to this thread before today, so I wanted to add my support to the thread. That's all.

Edited by silver_chan

I support this idea. I think that it would be useful to keep trading on a timely manner, especially when trading low-time eggs and hatchies. :B

>.>

I'm not an active trader and the only "trades" I posted so far were in the Notice Board and I just need to refresh a few times to see offers of "dummies", kind of insta-offers smile.gif But I think this suggestion could be very useful for many so... support.

I'm not an active trader and the only "trades" I posted so far were in the Notice Board and I just need to refresh a few times to see offers of "dummies", kind of insta-offers smile.gif But I think this suggestion could be very useful for many so... support.

Notice board ? Anyone who makes offers in trade threads here usually doesn't see an offer in threads !

Or anywhere else, if they forget to check. That's how come I almost lost out on two trades recently - the owners had forgotten about them sad.gif

This would save me having to check compulsively every 10 minutes or so to see if I have new offers. Support!

I don't know why this is still not implemented. One of the most needed updates TBH to get notifications for teleport considering majority of our gameplay revolve around them.

I could not agree more. But few people look in BSAs for things like this, so it gets lost a lot. We NEED this. I have had an egg on offer in a trade for 4 days before all of a sudden the trade was rejected - fine - but she actually PMd to say so sorry, she hadn't checked her trades; she'd forgotten about it - I could have got something else for it if she'd said sooner sad.gif If there had been a message on scroll, she'd have known...

I don't know why this is still not implemented. One of the most needed updates TBH to get notifications for teleport considering majority of our gameplay revolve around them.

Because I'm not going to do this as a one-off, and building a "proper" notification system isn't really something I expect to get around to anytime soon.