bbik

Teleport Notifications

So: There is this message that appears when something ist sick

Warning: One or more of your eggs/hatchlings is sick. If you don't know what dragon sickness is, click here to learn more. <--- that

It would be nice if you would get a message if someone made an offer on a trade. Like this:

Warning: One or more of your pending trades have recieved an offer!

This is a great idea. smile.gif

I would also suggest, though, to make it more effective, that there be a way to clear the message, or some way to determine if it is a new offer, rather than the same offer, in case you weren't interested in the first offer presented.

Otherwise I'd be more likely to ignore the message after checking on the first offer. tongue.gif

This is a great idea. smile.gif

I would also suggest, though, to make it more effective, that there be a way to clear the message, or some way to determine if it is a new offer, rather than the same offer, in case you weren't interested in the first offer presented.

Otherwise I'd be more likely to ignore the message after checking on the first offer. tongue.gif

Maybe it disappears if you click the link, then reappears when you get a new offer?

I don't trade much, but I support this as a useful tool. When I am expecting an offer, I'm constantly checking my Transfer page.. but having a 'note' appear would be VERY much better.

there are many things to do with the trade tool. But this MUST be done first!!

could be an option maybe? Like we have an option for getting a popup window on the forum when we get a PM.

I don't see why it would need to be optional. It's less of a pain than getting a PM or other message from somebody that they've made an offer, and if you are informed that you have one before you see the message, you won't be looking at your scroll being like "why won't this stupid thing go away" before you make the message go away by looking at the offer.

Yes please! Pretty please!

I don't trade/teleport very often, so I honestly didn't really know how the 2-way trading worked now. But I just did one, and it is definitely confusing. I'm sure people could easily miss that they have offers on a trade, since it's so *hidden*. Who is going to remember to check Account-Active Transfers all the time?

I have to admit when I first started to trade I was thoroughly confused! It was only on accident that I learned clicking on "actions" would take me to the trade page. Something like this would certainly help the newbies (like I used to be and still kinda am) become adjusted to trading.

I named my magis specifically to reflect delivery systems (like FedEx, Parcel Post, and so on). I'd love the successful trade page to include the name of the dragon that sent it. Just as the influence page says "Trotsky's Cotton Candy Cuffs influences the egg to be its own gender", so the teleport page could say "Trotsky's FedEx delivers the eggs/hatchlings safely to your scroll."

(Not sure if this is where this should be, but it seemed semi-logical.)

I'd love to see this. On-scroll notifications would be a lot simpler than checking the Account page constantly. And what's the fun of having magis with names like Jumpgate and Egg Toss if no one can tell who's delivering their eggs?

I'd actually like it to pop up if you want to go hunting for eggs or on your user page.

Maybe something along the lines of:

"You remember about the dragons you are about to receive, and decide not to take any eggs."

That is, if you want it to appear if you are egg hunting.

A little profile badge that links you to the trade could be fine.

But that´s not what I mean at all! I think it´s OK for people to remember if they are recieving trades, my point was more that you don´t have to check your Transfer-page all the time to see if you have new offers.

What I suggested (and I really don´t know why it was off-topic in the suggestion part, can someone clarify that?), is that a message smiliar to the sickness-alert appears when someone made a new offer on a pending trade. Some thing like

Alert: One or more of your pending trades have recieved a new offer!

That way it would be enough to have just one tab open, instead of several ones.

(and I really don´t know why it was off-topic in the suggestion part, can someone clarify that?)

I can't find where anyone said anything about something being off-topic? o.o

I can't find where anyone said anything about something being off-topic? o.o

In Bbik´s first post, there they are quoting from my original post, and my topic suggesting exactly this was also deleted :s It´s okay if it was at a wrong place but it was exactly where this topic is. I just want to know why it was wrong.

On topic: What different types of alert could there be at all?

1. Alert if you got a new offer on something

2. Alert if your egg has been taken ( 1-way gift), but would that make any sense? I mean if the egg is gone it has been taken.

3. Message if your offer was declined

4. Alert that you are supposed to not hunt because of a pending trade. I´m not sure if this will be made real, I mean we are supposed to check if we are at our limits before breeding as well, so not sure if there will ever be an alert like this.

Did I miss anything?

Why not just "Action happening on your trade page" ? Covers everything except the alert about hunting.

Why not just "Action happening on your trade page" ? Covers everything except the alert about hunting.

^I like this best.

In Bbik´s first post, there they are quoting from my original post, and my topic suggesting exactly this was also deleted :s It´s okay if it was at a wrong place but it was exactly where this topic is. I just want to know why it was wrong.

As I recall (it was quite a while ago now), the part I quoted in this thread's OP was from a buried post in a Help thread, or a Suggestions thread on another topic. I don't remember which, and since that other thread has apparently been deleted, there's no way to check, either, though it's not really relevant except to give you credit for stating the idea first. The thread you recently started with this idea wasn't in the wrong spot at all; it was just merged with this thread to keep the topic to a single thread.

As for the variations suggested, fuzzbucket's generic multi-purpose message would work for me! Just something to let us know that there's been a change.

As I recall (it was quite a while ago now), the part I quoted in this thread's OP was from a buried post in a Help thread, or a Suggestions thread on another topic. I don't remember which, and since that other thread has apparently been deleted, there's no way to check, either, though it's not really relevant except to give you credit for stating the idea first. The thread you recently started with this idea wasn't in the wrong spot at all; it was just merged with this thread to keep the topic to a single thread.

As for the variations suggested, fuzzbucket's generic multi-purpose message would work for me! Just something to let us know that there's been a change.

OH ok got it biggrin.gif

well yes a single message would be fine for me too btw.!

Oooooh, no the threads were merged (stuck together). You created your topic, which bbik had already created earlier. Instead of closing as a dupe, I just merged them. :3 Here's your original first post, now in this thread: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5572986