bbik

Teleport Notifications

I would like to suggest some sort of alert, similar to sickness alert.

That way if you recieve a gift or so while not online you could see it right away.

From this thread, since it's completely off-topic and overlooked there, but still a perfectly valid suggestion, and one I was thinking of posting myself.

Edit with clarifications:

• There should be notifications at the top of the scroll (like with the sickness alert) for these cases:

* New offer on one of your trades.

* Your offer on someone else's trade was accepted or declined.

* Someone accepted a transfer you created.

There should also be an option to have the notifications e-mailed to you, if desired.

It would also be nice to have a small indication on the teleport page, by the relevant trade and in addition to the offers-count, that there is a new offer.

End of edit

I would also add that after a successful teleport, the screen shows the eggs/hatchlings which were received in addition to the "Success!" message. Yes, I realize the dragons were shown when you typed your password to accept the trade, but it would be nice to be able to click straight to the dragons once you actually own them -- if you want to fog one instantly, for example.

I'd love the successful trade page to include the name of the dragon that sent it. Just as the influence page says "Trotsky's Cotton Candy Cuffs influences the egg to be its own gender", so the teleport page could say "Trotsky's FedEx delivers the eggs/hatchlings safely to your scroll."

There are also other similar small Teleport display improvement suggestions.

Edited by bbik

I'd actually like it to pop up if you want to go hunting for eggs or on your user page.

Maybe something along the lines of:

"You remember about the dragons you are about to receive, and decide not to take any eggs."

That is, if you want it to appear if you are egg hunting.

A little profile badge that links you to the trade could be fine.

Some sort of notification system when you've received/exchanged dragons might indeed be helpful. x3

I also support some sort of notification of when we've received an offer/gift etc.

Notifications when being given a gift (one-way) would mean you would have to be able to choose a receiver when initiating the trade: now you only get the link to send someone (which is their notification) and when they click it, the gift is immediately transferred, so I don't see why they should get a notification about something they just did themselves. You will notice that the egg has gone when looking at your dragons so no need for a notification either (though I wouldn't mind one if people still think it's necessary).

It would be nice, though, if you started a two-way trade, to get a notification if someone made an offer on it.

Some kind of notification system/message would be very good.

I named my magis specifically to reflect delivery systems (like FedEx, Parcel Post, and so on). I'd love the successful trade page to include the name of the dragon that sent it. Just as the influence page says "Trotsky's Cotton Candy Cuffs influences the egg to be its own gender", so the teleport page could say "Trotsky's FedEx delivers the eggs/hatchlings safely to your scroll."

(Not sure if this is where this should be, but it seemed semi-logical.)

I would like this a lot. I'm indifferent about the reminder when hunting, or when the transaction is complete, but I'd like a lot if I could have a little notice at the top of my scroll when there were offers on a trade I'd posted. It would save me an open page being constantly refreshed smile.gif

I just got nabbed by the ninja-offer thing. (Well, actually, I got nabbed by it three days ago, when the offer was made.) Definitely support.

'Nother support for a "New Offer!" notification. Glad I came looking for something like this before I made a thread...

I love this - I always forget when I am trading or gifting or being gifted - Would LOVE this! biggrin.gif

I really support this too. But i would rather have Email notification, because i might be doing something else, and not refreshing DC. And then i will see directly when someone has made an offer.

I can't tell you how much I would love the email idea to be implemented. I love it LOTS

I named my magis specifically to reflect delivery systems (like FedEx, Parcel Post, and so on). I'd love the successful trade page to include the name of the dragon that sent it. Just as the influence page says "Trotsky's Cotton Candy Cuffs influences the egg to be its own gender", so the teleport page could say "Trotsky's FedEx delivers the eggs/hatchlings safely to your scroll."

I would actually really like this too, both what the OP said and this.

I usually tell certain people what magi I used to trasnfer something with, just because I feel the need to...would be nice if people could see this already.

This is just what I need. Cuz rather I sit there and think..."Did they accept the egg or not yet?" Cuz if I have mulipul of the same egg. Or "Howd this get on my scroll?" it was a trade accepted. lol silly me.

Pleeease this. It's kind of obnoxious to have to keep rechecking on offers and such. x3

I LOVE that - I wish I had thought to name my Magi that way (too late now; there are too many !)

I like this . . . but I'd also like for there to be a way to say no to an offer so people can move on without having to guess whether you haven't see what they offered or whether you didn't like it.

Small little idea addition:

On the teleport page, the counters for how many offers you have are great. However, those counters don't tell you everything. What if one person made an offer, and you saw it, but later another person made an offer and the first person cancelled? The teleport page would still read "1 offer" -- but it would in fact be a completely different offer!

As such, there should be an indicator to say if any of the counted offers are new offers, vs being the same offers you've already seen.

Edited by bbik

Small little idea addition:

On the teleport page, the counters for how many offers you have are great. However, those counters don't tell you everything. What if one person made an offer, and you saw it, but later another person made an offer and the first person cancelled? The teleport page would still read "1 offer" -- but it would in fact be a completely different offer!

As such, there should be an indicator to say if any of the counted offers are new offers, vs being the same offers you've already seen.

Like the popup you get for new PMs? And there wouldn't even have to be an option to not see them, because browsers can block popups.

I wasn't even thinking that complex. Just a little "+" or "new" or color-change of the "(# offers)" part of each teleport info line. No need to opt in or out of popups, then, nor to miss out on that useful bit of info just because you have popups blocked.